SASS Wire Forum

33 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Can you get that down to 4.3? 

Randy

Actually, yes.    But I doubt some of my best runs will ever happen during a good contest.

And, I think that is probably true of most shooters, not just me.

I've seen Red Knee, Boxx Car Kid, Tater, Sidekick, Deuce, Santa Fe River Stan, Arcadia Outlaw, Copperhead Joe, Missouri Traveler  and others who's name eludes me this early in the morning, shoot a 97 like they were born with it in their hands.   AWESOME Shooters and a credit to SASS / CAS.

But when a super speed needs to be run during a side match, something always seems to happen that prevents that perfect run.   Sometimes, the shooter can have a great run but one of the targets fail to fall.

Regardless, Red Knee and I have done this enough to know how to have a blast and make it fun for others to watch just how clumsy we can be, especially when we get 6 chances to 'train wreck'..... :D

We ain't afraid to go all out and try to get that great run, and we ain't afraid of train wrecks we create on our owndangselves..... :lol:

Speaking of side matches, I'm eager to watch Slater and TN Williams with their 87's.  

And although I won't start dragging names into this topic, I am eager to see a few others with those lightning fast SxS.

Lets hope for great weather.

..........Widder

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, there are any number of shooters with each type of shotgun capable of of winning. Then there is the theory that even a blind hog will get an acorn every now and then. I proved that by winning the speed SXS match at the US Open one year. 

Randy

Hey Randy,

I hope I ain't putting a jinks on meowndangself,  but IMHO, that color scheme is prone to have more CLEAN shooters.

We will look at the black inner portion as the target yet the actual target will be larger.   Nicely done my friend.

..........Widder

1 minute ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Hey Randy,

I hope I ain't putting a jinks on meowndangself,  but IMHO, that color scheme is prone to have more CLEAN shooters.

We will look at the black inner portion as the target yet the actual target will be larger.   Nicely done my friend.

..........Widder

Widder.......you missed the fine print in Randy's last post......all gunfighters hafta shoot the orange outline....any shot on black part of target is a miss!!   Whadda ya mean ya didn't see that part of his post.....oh jeez, here we go, seeing things how ya want em to be and using selective hearing......hugh, whatcha say??

Well, you're half right.    I do see things like I want em to be.

But about that selective hearing..... not so much.   Heck, I don't have any hearing at all..... :o

Here's a nightmare for you:   you gotta shoot around me all day on Thursday AND THEN, be on the same posse with me for 2 days.

Stay close and observe and you might learn a few things..... :lol::lol:

..........Widder

9 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Hey Randy,

..........Widder

I think it draws my focus in but I still didn't shoot it clean last year, missed one target on the last stage of the match. In fact I have never shot the Tennessee State "clean". 

I started doing this because a few color blind shooters told me the contrast helped them find the targets. 

It's getting closer every day, we'll be shooting before you know it. 

Randy

1 minute ago, SGT. ELI 35882 GUNFIGHTER said:

Got room for another Gunfighter....I may be able to swing it this year.

Howdy SGT. ELI

It will be great to see you again and have another TOP GF jump in on the fun this year.

I'm shooting SR.GF this year.   I'll take my butt kicking from the older boys and let you young whippersnappers battle it out in the 'warp speed zone'..... :D

..........Widder

7 hours ago, SGT. ELI 35882 GUNFIGHTER said:

Got room for another Gunfighter....I may be able to swing it this year.

Sgt. Eli, it will be good to have you join us again.

Randy

If you're thinking about this match please send your application in this weekend, I think were at just over 200 but a postmark this weekend will still get you in. We should have a great match.

Don't forget "Are You Tough Enough To Wear Pink?" on Thursday.

We'll have the usual Speed Matches (looks like '97 shotgun might be an exciting one to watch),

"Cut The Rope" ( target inspired by Pig Iron Lane).

This year Long Range will include Single Action Pistol, shot from 30 to 50 yards (here you go Mongo)

200 Yard Single Shot Rifle Caliber from bench

200 Yard Buffalo Rifle from sticks

200 Yard Lever Action Rifle Caliber from bench

200 Yard Lever Action Rifle Caliber from sticks

100 Yard Pistol Caliber Rifle from bench

100 Yard Pistol Caliber Rifle from sticks

100 Yard Pistol Caliber Rifle offhand 

Wild Bunch Match/ Warm-up Match

Black Powder Match

Man on Man Shoot-Off, with 3 categories Duelist, Gunfighter and Traditional, with all the great Cowgirls signed up this year I look for them to win some of these.

Chili Cook-off and all of this is just Thursday.

Complete schedule

http://www.wartraceregulators.com/2017State/schedule.pdf

Don't miss it

Randy

Need some help, need to let Papa Dave know that Dakota Bourne and I are going to shoot, but Wartrace website seems to be down and I don't have contact info and cannot even download an application

35 minutes ago, SGT. ELI 35882 GUNFIGHTER said:

Need some help, need to let Papa Dave know that Dakota Bourne and I are going to shoot, but Wartrace website seems to be down and I don't have contact info and cannot even download an application

Sent you a PM!!

I won't get to shoot, but it'll be good to see ya'!!

35 minutes ago, SGT. ELI 35882 GUNFIGHTER said:

application.pdf

4 hours ago, SGT. ELI 35882 GUNFIGHTER said:

Well you're in trouble now, Papa Dave let us in:lol:

1 hour ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I knew he'd put you in.

Randy

YEA, but the big question is.... WHERE?

Lots of GFer's at this match SGT.   You should have a blast.

Lots of GF'ers,  SrGFer's, Outlaws (whom some shoot GF style),  FCGF,  and it looks like atleast 1/2 dozen LADY GFer's.

WHEW.........

..........Widder

Right now it looks like Sgt Eli is on my posse. This is always subject to change but for now he is in good hands so to speak.

3 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Right now it looks like Sgt Eli is on my posse. This is always subject to change but for now he is in good hands so to speak.

If he's on your posse he will definitely have a good time. 

Randy

High of 69 degrees up there.

I don't suppose it will be in the high 80's next week or anytime soon.

So I will be needing my parka.:lol:

On a more important note, where are you seeing who's on what posse?

Not that I care but... OK, I care.

Waimea

9 minutes ago, Waimea said:

High of 69 degrees up there.

I don't suppose it will be in the high 80's next week or anytime soon.

So I will be needing my parka.:lol:

On a more important note, where are you seeing who's on what posse?

Not that I care but... OK, I care.

Waimea

I hope you don't trust the weather guesser's, especially this far out. Do bring your parka though. A few years ago it was 87 at 1pm on Saturday. It was cool(60s) last year.  

This is Tennessee weather changes rapidly; especially in September/October and March/April.

50 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

I hope you don't trust the weather guesser's, especially this far out. Do bring your parka though. A few years ago it was 87 at 1pm on Saturday. It was cool(60s) last year.  

This is Tennessee weather changes rapidly; especially in September/October and March/April.

This weekend we were supposed to get Torrential downpours from the tropical storm. 5".

If we got half an inch it was a big deal.

Everbody is shell shocked from Irma though.

I will bring a sweater and jacket.

Thanks

Waimea

Sorry I mentioned the posses guys. Did not mean to open that can of worms.

Eight days and counting. This is the first leg of a wonderful trip out west for Lady T and I. We have been getting ready for weeks.

I may even get to shoot a midweek match on Tuesday before we leave for Wartrace on Wednesday.

Archived