SASS Wire Forum

Show Us Your SASS/WB Buckles, Medals, Plaques

Del Rio Pete

I enjoyed seeing the buckles on Evil Dogooder's post, so I thought I'd ask all of you hotshots to brag a little and show us your stuff.

Also, who has the most awards?

Who has the oldest one?

What is your favorite and why?

Who is the youngest to get an award?

Who is the oldest to get an award?

Any funny awards?

What award do you hope to win in the future?

Especially like to see some Mounted Shooting awards and the horses that helped you win.

Who can top Red Cent's picture on his trailer? Hollywood star for sure!

This ought to be fun...

Most of our awards and buckles are still boxed up from our move. Ill have to dig them out and take a pic.

To answer your other questions.

My favorite buckle is my first place gf at our regional gunsmoke last year. Fourth place finish overall. Its my favorite because of the group we shot with. Jackpine bill has pushed me to beat him since i started shooting. I finally managed to do it at a big shoot. We possed with our friends from the dakotas who are great friends.

My favorite award is the spirit of the game award my family won at state last year. My wife and i both shoot now and sass matches are our family vacations too. So we have our 3 year old daughter and 6 year old son with. Normally on chairs in the back of the posse playing. I shoot at the beginning of the stage then either run the timer or do posse chores while my wife is with the kids. Then we switch so she can shoot and i watch the kids. We have some amazing friends who shoot with that help out at times too.

Ive been shooting sass 5 years so my first buckle at 30. I don't have that many. I think 12. Then some plaques and plates. Side match awards are mostly poker chips ive 22 of those plus some medals from regionals for speed and group events, and a bucket for the quigley shoot. Our club does specilty shoots in winter with prizes being toy cars and other things such as garters enamel cups and plates. The ribbons for monthly shoots i usually give back to the club as i have a drawer full already.

My wife has competed for 2 years and has 4. Two 1st place lbw at state too.

Edited by evil dogooder

This is my favorite(and only buckle) The first year I was 1st place in Modern,before age based categories did away with it.Before this I was usually 2nd place.This was before they started recognizing the state champion in each category as well as the 1st place winner.

IMG_0179_zpsvn2dlc7c.jpg

Edited by Major E A Sterner #12916

DSCN09531.jpg

Earned on Miss Fits Poco, a granddaughter of Poco Bueno.

Griff.jpg

And, I think, my best finish at an EOT ('90 or '91)

DSCN0950.jpg

And my son's from '90 (he was 11):

DSCN09541.jpg

Nice plaques, belt buckles, and horses.

Thanks for letting us see those.

Hopefully, a few more will show us their special buckles, etc.

As Jim No Horse says, "I shoot last so you don't have to".

Here's the only 1st place award I have won so far. I won't tell you how many people were in my category, but it was more than zero and less than two

When no one will step up and take you on, it's called winning through intimidation.

When no one will step up and take you on, it's called winning through intimidation.

I like that!!

I like that!!

Me too.

I got 6th place at the California state match last year and was talking to a pard at dinner that shot traditional with a better time than me and got no award. He was talking about how it helped me to be in a category of less people. I told him that I can't speak for all categories, but for FCGF, all of the hard work comes away from the match. All the times I have to rush away to clean the guns, or all of the loading of black powder, or finding the right bullets that don't foul you out or lock up your guns, or all the time in practice to be able to shoot a gun in each hand, etc. The match is just the gravy. I don't think I convinced him, but I also haven't seen him shooting in my category either.

Here are a few of what I could actually get to without tearing the basement apart. Some are my wife and some are mine. Proud of them all but feel bad cause we don't do anything with them as far as display. Good memory fuel for all the good times and all the places I've been fortunate enough to go shoot at over the years.

C1F0E9D2-8525-42DB-954B-CF3D79EE01DE_zps

Deuce,

That is a purdy and impressive collection.

The photo plaque with the buckles is very special.

I would suppose that is $100,000+ of travel, ammunition, guns, entry fees, time, etc.

Probably a lot more in great memories.

Thanks for sharing with us mere mortals.

Deuce,

That is a purdy and impressive collection.

The photo plaque with the buckles is very special.

I would suppose that is $100,000+ of travel, ammunition, guns, entry fees, time, etc.

Probably a lot more in great memories.

Thanks for sharing with us mere mortals.

Thank you Pete! Lets not get into $$$ specifics please LOL, I don't want to think about it. The memories and friendships made along the way have been priceless and would have been just as good without the buckles etc. I'd trade em all in a heartbeat for a few more minutes with friends that have passed on. Unbelievable rewards in this game that you can't put on a shelf.

The awards just come along with the game.

Those simply shooting for the award will most likely not get one.

The top men and women in every sport are usually very nice people. They are different because

of the time, effort and, yes, expense they

put into perfecting their sport.

SASS is one of my favourite hobbies. Now, at a somewhat advanced age, I shoot for the fun of making

clouds of smoke, gouts of fire and and sonic booms with warthog loads of Holy Black.

This is a really fun sport. Let's drop the wierd comments.

This is from the Oregon State Black Powder match 2015. Match was hosted by the Pine Mountain Posse near Bend Oregon. Great range and a great group to shoot with. Thank You Bullett 19707Sass%20Buckel%20001_zpsutbqervb.jpg

I like the sound and looks of Oregon State...Black Powder.

Thanks