SASS Wire Forum

Anyone know a Larry Crow?

Buffalo Creek Law Dog

There is a DVD by Larry Crow on Cowboy Action Gunsmithing for $105.30 Cdn or $80.30 US. Has anyone bought this DVD and if so, what are your thoughts. Is it just cowboy guns that he is dealing with and, is it worth the money? It is a good hunk of change to gamble on sight unseen so to speak.

Appreciate your comments.

I guess I am now officially old....when no one remembers Larry Crow aka Durango Kid or other greats like Bounty Hunter, Doc Holliday, Island Girl, and all the fast guys from the 90's. The DVD is available for $29.95 on Evil Roy's site. http://evilroy.com/product/cowboy-action-gunsmithing-dvd-by-larry-crow/

Thanks guys, just checked it out on Evil Roy's site, so it must be worthwhile. I notice that he has videos on specific guns also.

Thanks again

I have seen the DVD and sadly can't recommend it. Larry is one of the premier gunsmiths in the country and teaches gunsmithing at college. however he is NOT good on DVD. Your money, your decision. He and Gene have been friends for years so he carries some of his stuff on his website. I produced the Evil Roy CAS series of DVD's.

Before you spend good money, there are numerous videos about Cowboy Action Shooting on the You Tube to view freely at your discretion.

There are videos about gunsmithing AND videos about gun handling techniques.

There are some good technique videos by Deuce Stevens on the SxS, 97, 87, and pistols.

There are some good technique videos by Long Hunter.

And I have a few technique videos on shooting the 97 shotgun.

These YouTube videos are free.

..........Widder

I guess I am now officially old....when no one remembers Larry Crow aka Durango Kid or other greats like Bounty Hunter, Doc Holliday, Island Girl, and all the fast guys from the 90's. The DVD is available for $29.95 on Evil Roy's site. http://evilroy.com/product/cowboy-action-gunsmithing-dvd-by-larry-crow/

I think Larry Crow used to be known as Missouri Cyclone.

I was close...told you I was getting old...did I mention I was getting old?

What ? Of course you're getting cold. It's turning towards Fall. Build a fire..... :)

I think Larry Crow used to be known as Missouri Cyclone.

+1

Before you spend good money, there are numerous videos about Cowboy Action Shooting on the You Tube to view freely at your discretion.

There are some good technique videos by Deuce Stevens on the SxS, 97, 87, and pistols.

..........Widder

Ah! You Tube, of course, never gave that a thought. Thanks Widowmaker

I was close...told you I was getting old...did I mention I was getting old?

You're not old, I remember meeting you and shooting with you when you lived in CO. It was not that long ago. And I remember all those you mentioned. I think I shot for 17 years just to get old enough to shoot 49r, and have 6 years to go to get to Senior. We are not old as long as we can play this game.

Maddog

Yeah, Calvin you are getting old and you'll always be older than me. I remember Larry Cohen as the Durango Kid, the first super shooter. Me thinks, we shot with him a couple times at RMRR and HOW. You still have that old HD, it didn't run that good 18 years ago. Hey to BC!

..........Widder

Take those youtube gunsmithing videos with a shaker of salt. I have seen several that have been posted that if you did what the knucklehead in the video does you will end up damaging your guns.

When I get home where I can post a video I'll put up a classic example I saw repeated several times.

Here is just one example.

This was the third video that came up in a google search "1887 shotgun disassembly" . Jump to the 3:55 mark to see the wrong way to remove the breech block pin. The scary part is that he has followers.

Archived