SASS Wire Forum

Let us speak of more pleasant things

We are down to 68 days for the PLAY BALL day.

Went down to the senior center to pick up my wife. While I was waiting I decided to step into

the coffee bar and have a cuppa joe. Well, in walks this dude with a Chicago Cubs jacket and

hat. I told him that I should have worn my St. Louis red hat. So next time I guess I will.

One thing great about opening day of baseball season. A NEW BEGINNING. :)

A Cubs fan actually lowered himself to speak to a Cardinal fan???? There is a man with distressingly low standards. Although he is in Washington so may have assumed nobody would find out about his breach of protocol. That's almost as bad as jumping from the dog dare to the triple dog dare and bypassing the double dog dare.

A Cubs fan actually lowered himself to speak to a Cardinal fan???? There is a man with distressingly low standards. Although he is in Washington so may have assumed nobody would find out about his breach of protocol. That's almost as bad as jumping from the dog dare to the triple dog dare and bypassing the double dog dare.

Hey, we have no class out here.

Will see if it comes to fisticuffs next meeting. :)

"With those who don't give a damn about baseball, I can only sympathize.I do not resent them. I am even willing to concede that many of them are physically clean, good to their mothers and in favor of world peace. But while the game is on, I can't think of anything to say to them"

Art Hill 1980

:D

GO TRIBE!!! :)

Pitchers and catchers report for spring training in about 30 days!!!

Royals, Royals, who are they?

They live across the pond and are rather inbred as I understand it. ;)

Hope the Dah-yers don't win a game.

To paraphrase: "Be there a man with soul so bare, that he does not thrill to a pop fly ball?"

Dear Badger,

My best buddy of over 40 years doesn't like, follow, or care about baseball. He has even said that you don't need to be an athlete to play baseball. Now in all other aspects of life, he is a fellow of good character....even though he graduated from Texas A&M. What should I do with such a baseball heretic? Should I tie him up...and make him watch Ken Burns "Baseball"...or tell him all the Aggie jokes I know...which would take over 10 hours...or do you know of something better?

Please advise.

Desperate Baseball Fan.

Dear Badger,

My best buddy of over 40 years doesn't like, follow, or care about baseball. He has even said that you don't need to be an athlete to play baseball. Now in all other aspects of life, he is a fellow of good character....even though he graduated from Texas A&M. What should I do with such a baseball heretic? Should I tie him up...and make him watch Ken Burns "Baseball"...or tell him all the Aggie jokes I know...which would take over 10 hours...or do you know of something better?

Please advise.

Desperate Baseball Fan.

If he doesn't get it by now he probably won't.

Has he ever attended a game?

Does he like beer and hot dogs?

The Springfield Cardinals have an area in the park called "The Red Bird Roost". High in the seating with your back to the sun and all you can eat with a couple of beers furnished for one price. The only problem is all of the noise coming from the misused cow pasture below.

I'm sorry to say, I'm another who cares not for the sport of baseball. About as exciting as watching paint dry, unless you're personally acquainted with someone out on the field. Been to two professional games, ended up drinking overpriced beer, dropping peanut shells on the flooring and conversing with my companions while ignoring the activity, or general lack thereof, on the field below... :P:D:P

I do watch some of the World Series games on TV each year, but I don't go out of my way to do so... :D

Archived