SASS Wire Forum

Let us speak of more pleasant things

Aha! I knew it. A commie!

;)

Well on that thought, I can assure you my non-liking-baseball friend is not a commie. He has never voted for a Democrat in his life. He's a straight Republican ticket every time kind of guy.

I think I'm going to force him to watch all of Ken Burns "Baseball" until he repents or I'll barrage him with Texas Aggie jokes!

Well on that thought, I can assure you my non-liking-baseball friend is not a commie. He has never voted for a Democrat in his life. He's a straight Republican ticket every time kind of guy.

I think I'm going to force him to watch all of Ken Burns "Baseball" until he repents or I'll barrage him with Texas Aggie jokes!

Undercover Commie sez I. :D

Personaly I think the best way to introduce someone properly to baseball is to take them to a minor league game, preferably 'A' ball, on a warm summer evening. A park where most of the folks know each other and are as comfortable in their 3rd baseline seats as if they were in their easy chairs at home.. A park where you can sit close, smell the grass and hear the ball smack into the catcher's mitt. A park where the foul balls hit into the stands are given to the kids running through the aisles and the smell of pretzels, beer and chili dawgs permeates the air. You can watch the full moon come up over the left field fence and laugh at the goofy sound effects the play over the PA system. Then, at one point, there will be a great slide into home plate, and the crowd will erupt like it was the best play of the World Series.

That's baseball.

The wife and I already have tickets for the Diamondbacks opener on April 4th. Playing the Colorado Rockies. And, we're going to a couple of Oakland A's spring training games.

Last year we attended an Oakland A's preseason game and the wife got a signed baseball.

IMG_1091_zps6yvdblh8.jpg

Also last year, got to meet one of my senators and his pretty wife!

IMG_2629_zpsjjapdr85.jpg

Personaly I think the best way to introduce someone properly to baseball is to take them to a minor league game, preferably 'A' ball, on a warm summer evening. A park where most of the folks know each other and are as comfortable in their 3rd baseline seats as if they were in their easy chairs at home.. A park where you can sit close, smell the grass and hear the ball smack into the catcher's mitt. A park where the foul balls hit into the stands are given to the kids running through the aisles and the smell of pretzels, beer and chili dawgs permeates the air. You can watch the full moon come up over the left field fence and laugh at the goofy sound effects the play over the PA system. Then, at one point, there will be a great slide into home plate, and the crowd will erupt like it was the best play of the World Series.

That's baseball.

Yes sir, thats Baseball!!!

That's baseball.

Bob, you have captured baseball in a nutshell. Thank you, sir.

Another facet to explore. Baseball season also means FISHING SEASON. :D

River in the day. Ball park in the evening. Completely compatible. Cmpletely American. ;)

Archived