SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold 2016

Heading out in about two hours, see everyone up there. First round is on me.

Well, keep a cold diet Pepsi on ice for me..... :)

Thanks. I should be kinda thirsty after my 2 hour drive.

..........Widder

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Turkey Legs,

What's a school marm doing up at 7:00 AM in the middle of the summer? You ain't getting too excited about shooting Black Gold, are ya? :P

Can't wait to see everybody. It has been too long in between Black Golds. I mean, it feels like a year ago since we shot last!

KCD

Well, I attended the Black Gold Match in 2011. I'll be there this weekend with some pards from North Florida. I got so much to do when I get there for folks , I may even try and shoot the Match.

Daybreaker

Working hard today to get things finished. Folks are starting to roll in, looks like there's going to be a gunfight or a really big party.

I was tooling down Interstate 75 in my big rig when a tractor, the plow your field type, that was driving on the shoulder of an interstate highway swerved into my lane and ripped off my side mirror. I had to go back home and start all over again. Every thing is all repaired and I should be able to give it another try in an hour or so. I'm bound to get to Black Gold no matter how many tractors side swipe me.

Do whatever is required. You will be well pleased.

Well our big rig has decided its "job" is to sit in the garage looking pretty rather than rolling down the highway pulling the camper. :( So plan B went into action & we've loaded his Happy Hyundai to the max & will be staying at a hotel instead. But that means no room for the cooler & grill so he had to leave the bambi wrapped in piglet strips (bacon wrapped venison backstraps) home which means no appetizer wars for us, this time anyway. Roper & Schwaby

Well our big rig has decided its "job" is to sit in the garage looking pretty rather than rolling down the highway pulling the camper. :( So plan B went into action & we've loaded his Happy Hyundai to the max & will be staying at a hotel instead. But that means no room for the cooler & grill so he had to leave the bambi wrapped in piglet strips (bacon wrapped venison backstraps) home which means no appetizer wars for us, this time anyway. Roper & Schwaby

RR: well, I hope you both have a safe trip down to KY.

I hate to hear of your vehicle misfortunes and I must admit that I hate to hear about my not getting to enjoy a morsel of Bambi... :(

See ya tomorrow!

..........Widder

Thanks Widder. The worst part is now we cant just crawl back to the camper after the "festivities", instead we have to drive 20 minutes to the hotel. :( But it was either that or miss our first Black Gold & that just wasn't an option! Besides now we need to see the shoot out between you & Billy! Don't know where we are gonna find time to fit all this in. Might need a vacation after the vacation...We do have our hill billy/ redneck A tire with us though.

I might ask Missouri Lefty to sub for me shooting the 'Widder Soft Stroke' Henry .22

Poor Billy. I'm almost feeling a little pity on him..... :)

I will say this about Billy...he is one heck of a SxS shooter. I ALWAYS enjoy watching him blast away at t he side matches with his SxS and I'm proud to call him a good friend.

..........Widder

I finally got around the cleaning the guns and getting stuff put together. Leaving out VERY early in the morning from Georgia headed north, hopefully to arrive in time to shoot at the BP mini match and then the WB match tomorrow. It's gonna be a goodern ya'll.

Lassiez les bon temps rouller ya'll,

Kajun

I finally got around the cleaning the guns and getting stuff put together. Leaving out VERY early in the morning from Georgia headed north, hopefully to arrive in time to shoot at the BP mini match and then the WB match tomorrow. It's gonna be a goodern ya'll.

Lassiez les bon temps rouller ya'll,

Kajun

Well Kajun looks like you drew a free pass from me get'n flogged with a rubber chicken this time around.Ol saw bones backed my surgery date on my knee replacement back from Aug. 1st to June 20 which was 3 weeks ago,all is going well with PT just not able to travel yet.So yall have fun stay cool and tell everyone i said hello.Maybe we'll catch up with one another at Ambush this year.Drive safe my friend...... :D:D

Archived