SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold 2016

The EVENT begins!! 2016 Black Gold applications are up at ponderosa-pines.com

How about Outlaw Black Powder? This year we are having the first ever World Championship Outlaw Black Powder match. Anyone that shoots this match will have a chance to win something you can not buy!

A BACK-AT-CHA 2016 entry is on the table!! Compliments of the Badlands Bar 3. Details are being fine tuned and will be out soon. Let the smoke roll !!

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already looking forward to this one. One of my favorite parties of the year, sometimes even a shoot breaks out. Lots of laughs and fun with family and friends. If there is enough interest we can take a bike ride on Wednesday. Always fun to run through Harlan KY, or maybe over to one of the bourbon distilleries.

I will be there early as always to help get things ready, looking for a good time by all.

I am almost recovered from the mishap that caused me to miss last year and am looking forward to this match,

I have a good cupcake recipe, a great barbeque and am working on a good lie for the liar's contest.

I hope that Three Cuts is there for long range rifle, the shoot-off we had in 2014 was great.

Duffield

I figure to be there sometime the weekend before or Monday at the latest. I'll either bring the Harley or the rat rod, maybe both!!

Already got my Black Powder loads made up!! And I'm working on some surprises that include a couple of large shotguns.

Y'all bring an appetite!! I got a recipe for some great eating and it's already in the making!!

Schoolmarm has a snack recipe that is absolutely out of this world and me and my mom are workin' up a cupcake marvel that'll have your tongues doin' backflips!!

OH YEAH!! The band is already warmin' up!! ;) ;) :lol:

Hey!! Copperhead!!

You might orta' put the dates up fer them what's not already in the know!!

AND!! All you cowboys and cowgirls that does Facebook!!! Start riding Schoolmarm about shootin' the match! She's retiring from teaching this spring and she needs to get back to expending ammunition!! Get her a goin' !!! :rolleyes:B):lol::lol::lol:

Black Powder Outlaw
World Champion

WOW! Who wouldn't want that title?!

Even if there was some doubt I would go to Black Gold 2016 (there was none) there isn't anymore.

Sign me up, Joe and save me some work.

Seein' if I can get up there a little earlier this year to help out more.

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Last year was my 1st Black Gold match.

2016 will be my 2nd visit. After everything was said and done and the yearlong matches became memories, I must admit that Black Gold was my favorite match of 2015. Yep, it was my favorite. I wonder is meeting ROCKY had anything to do with it..... :D:wub:

This year, I plan to stay at a local bunkhouse and hang out at the range more.

..........Widder

Widder, it'll be good to have ya back.

Waimea, I hate to burst yer bubble, but I've got this one wrapped up! I shot Black Gold '13 & '14 BPGFO (that would be Black Powder GunFighter Outlaw). Now I know it weren't a recognized category, so I guess you could say that I'm a pioneer of sorts. I was just practicin' for whut I knew was comin'. So as to throw off my competition, I switched back to Frontier Cartridge in '15. Wouldn't want anybody gettin' any ideas on gamin' the category! :P

Judge, you think yer excited....cupcakes, bar-b-que, snacks, Bluegrass, Milkbone, Black Powder Outlaw World Championship, some of the BEST PEOPLE yer ever gonna find.....YOUBETCHAIMEXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Yeah Titus,

YOUBETCHABOTTOMDOLLARIAMEXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

LAWD HAVE MERCY!!!!!

FINE FOOD!!!!!! CHECK

FINE FRIENDS!!!! CHECK

FINE WOMEN!!!!! CHECK CHECK

FINE SHOOTIN'!!!! CHECK

BLACK GOLD!!!!!!! PRICELESS

YEP!! EXCITED!!

Widder, it'll be good to have ya back.

Waimea, I hate to burst yer bubble, but I've got this one wrapped up! I shot Black Gold '13 & '14 BPGFO (that would be Black Powder GunFighter Outlaw). Now I know it weren't a recognized category, so I guess you could say that I'm a pioneer of sorts. I was just practicin' for whut I knew was comin'. So as to throw off my competition, I switched back to Frontier Cartridge in '15. Wouldn't want anybody gettin' any ideas on gamin' the category! :P

Judge, you think yer excited....cupcakes, bar-b-que, snacks, Bluegrass, Milkbone, Black Powder Outlaw World Championship, some of the BEST PEOPLE yer ever gonna find.....YOUBETCHAIMEXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

So yer sayin' an Outlaw might be a GAMER?

Why I am SHOCKED!

I have nothing else to say on the subject.

Well listenin to all this grillmaster talk and then shootin blackpowder......Well that's right up my alley! Sounds like I will bring my smoker and do up a batch a ribs...... :)

Duffield I will be there.

You gonna' bring "Harris" with ya'?? :unsure::unsure: I'm brangin' the 10ga. !!! ;):lol::lol:

I keep telling myself "I will not read these Black Gold threads" but I do anyway.

Life again gets in the way and other obligations will prevent me from attending.

This is really sad because CopperHead Joe's shoots are legendary!

With Three Cut coming there goes my hopes for first place. :lol:

Load up RRR and head on over,

Noz, hope you can make it one of these years. It is where legends are made and also ruined. Good thing we cant talk about what happens up there once it is over.

Scratch, here is the link to the application with hotel info in the blue field.

http://www.ponderosa-pines.com/uploads/BG_Application2016.pdf

Heritage Inn 606-598-1800 (Mention Black Gold Shootout.)

Lookin Real Hard at this one :ph34r:

so where is the best hotel close to the range??

Scratch

Buy a tent, Scratches.

Black Gold is a BOATLOAD of fun! :lol:

You will never be the same again. :blink:

Waimea

Like I said over on the DESSERT thread!! Please, Y'all!! Start pesterin' Schoolmarm to shoot this match!! She's coming anyway! The docs say she's cancer free and her leg is completely healed. I have all of her guns ready to go and she's got leather aplenty and clothes that will work.

Y'all that does Facebook and such need to start encouraging, enticing, cajoling, teasing, and maybe even embarrassing her into shooting. She has promised me that she'll start back when she is healthy and has retired. She retires the end of May when school lets out and that would give her a month and a half to get ready. I have a place for her to practice and plenty of ammo for her to get ready!!

C'MON Y'ALL!! HELP ME OUT HERE!!!!

NOZ, Legendary?....Legendary?.....Yep, Legendary describes it pretty darn good. It is not often one gets to be a witness of, a part of, and in some cases part of the building process of a Legend! And, beside all of that; it is.....................................

"A BOAT LOAD OF FUN"

:P:wacko::D

KCD

10 stage match

4 stage blackpowder match

4 stage wild bunch match

team shoot

man on man shoot

hillbilly Olympics

Milkbone

bluegrass band

hillbilly spelling bee

liars contest

male dance contest

ladies dance contest

cowboy yard sale

dessert wars

appetizer wars

grill master cook off

HOMEMADE BEVERAGE WARS

What more could you ask for?

Ok so Schwaby & I have put this on our list this year cuz of all the hype we been hearing. So what the heck is Milkbone and whats the deal with the spelling bee & liars contest? Inquiring minds wanna know!

Roper

Hey Renegade! Well Milkbone is the southern rock band that will be playing Saturday night. The hillbilly spelling bee is a game of spelling words, hillbilly style. The liars competition is actually telling your best tall tale. Some cowboys work all year to come up with these tales. Just show up with plenty of ammo and y'all will have the time of your life! I guarantee it!

AND BRING RRR!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I just printed off the application form. We really had a good time there last year and look forward to doing it again. If you ever shot at Possum Trot you will think you are there. When you are through with the liar's contest, dessert contest, hillbilly games, and other activities, you can actually shoot a SASS match with great stages and targets.

Lucky grin_zpsebe960c5.png

Archived