SASS Wire Forum

Back 40 #23910 L

Hello Back 40,

Why would you want to? The concept was to have people make mag changes.

I shot WB at a club in Oregon that had different WB rules???? It think it just made it confusing. Lots of complaints by the WB shootets. Visiting WB shooters seldom came back! Following the current guidelines works the same for everybody, everywhere you shoot the game.

View fromy saddle.

Regards,

Ringer

And everyone shooting 7 makes it the same for everyone, too. If everyone shoots 7 then there will be no confusion, either. I do not understand your comments and how they relate to the OP.

(Added)

The "point" of Wild Bunch AS is to use firearms of a period, based upon a movie, the way they were intended. M97s were INTENDED to be stoked and shot that way. Same with M12s. Sould be the same with 1911s. If we REALLY wanted a lot of mag changes, then why not load 3 or 2 or hey, even just one. THAT would make it fun.

Ringer,

First off, It's not my poll, J. Frank started it. Obviously you have your opinion, and that's fine, but as you will see, there are alot of folks that shoot Wild Bunch would like to shoot 7 in your mag, me included. The biggest reason is that it would seperate Wild Bunch from CAS, as they say, "It ain't Cowboy Shooting with a 1911" And how can "more shooting" be bad, It will SELL more bullets! http://sassnet.com/wildbunch/forum/index.php?topic=1619.0

When I asked several of the folks who made up the Wild Bunch rules in the beginning as to why they limited the mags to five shots, the answer came back that they wanted the WB events to "mirror" the CAS events, so that they could be shot "shoulder to shoulder" so to speak. Course designs would not have to be modified between shooters, and WB folk could come to a CAS match and shoot along with everyone else, they just shot twice as many pistol shots most of the time, and preloaded the shotgun.

With SASS now maintaining an advertised attitude that WB is NOT CAS with a 1911, I personally feel that it is time to upgrade the WB game and go to seven rounds in the mag. As an action pistol course designer for over 30 years, I do not see it as an issue, even when WB is shot shoulder to shoulder with a CAS match. It would allow the WB folks just a little more shooting (always a good thing!) and it would actually fulfill the SASS advertised attitude of WB NOT being CAS with a 1911. Ducky

Hello Back 40,

I shot WB at a club in Oregon that had different WB rules???? It think it just made it confusing. Lots of complaints by the WB shootets. Visiting WB shooters seldom came back! Following the current guidelines works the same for everybody, everywhere you shoot the game.

View fromy saddle.

Regards,

Ringer

7 shots, because, that was the way JMB made it. You can still do mag changes and get to shoot more.

LG

WB should NEVER be shot shoulder to shoulder with CAShooters, in my opinion. If you want it as a side match or stand alone match, fine. Keep your modern WB stuff out of my CAS.

Fillmore

I voted.... thanks B40...I forget to get over there as often as I should anyway.

Yep! keep it as a side match if you must have it at all.

But don't take time away from hosting REAL Cowboy sidematches to run it.

But 7 in the mag. to me means just shoot more shots,you can still have the same number of mag changes.

BUT DO NOT TAKE-AWAY from the COWBOY side of things !!!

Didn't join to shoot Bottom feeders.

Jabez Cowboy

Hello Back 40,

View fromy saddle.

Regards,

Ringer

I come to shoot not change mags, that is one of the sorry excuses given for keeping it limited to 5 rounds in a mag.

2 reasons I don't shoot WB much: 5 rounds in the mag and hammer down on empty chamber.

Now......... full mags and cocked and locked would get my attention.

Baby steps, 7 rounds first then cocked an locked.

L.

2 reasons I don't shoot WB much: 5 rounds in the mag and hammer down on empty chamber.

+1

hmmm.....well, I like women.... more the merrier.. kinda like the same as I like shooting.... yes, I have my preferences and I have never understood someone not playing when there's playing to be done.

It's all fun with guns. 3 gun? why not.. IDPA? sure... CAS? anytime and all the time.... Sporting clays? .. count me in... Trap/Skeet? Leave the lights on....Wild Bunch? let's load 'em full and rack it.....

Ginger or Mary Ann? why do I have to choose?

I guess I miss understood the original post. I thought it was a poll regarding a local club shooting the game different than everybody else? I'm OK with 5, 7 and or locked and loaded. as long as the game is consistent.

It seems to me, a whole new book of sweeps and shooting sequences would be needed?

Regards,

Ringer

My sentiment exactly.

+1 and another +1

don't shoot WB because I carry a 1911 and would hate to have muscle memory take over in a bad situation, especially when there were NINE rounds still in the mag!!

Day before yesterday at our regularly scheduled WB 5th Sat match 3 of us showed with 1911s , 3 showed up to shoot cowboy.

What would you have us do? Split into 2 posses of 3? Sorry we went ahead and all shot together and had fun.

You pards that have umpteen shooters and multi posses every time tend to forget that out here in the hinterlands things are a mite different.

WB should NEVER be shot shoulder to shoulder with CAShooters, in my opinion. If you want it as a side match or stand alone match, fine. Keep your modern WB stuff out of my CAS.

Fillmore

Day before yesterday at our regularly scheduled WB 5th Sat match 3 of us showed with 1911s , 3 showed up to shoot cowboy.

What would you have us do? Split into 2 posses of 3? Sorry we went ahead and all shot together and had fun.

You pards that have umpteen shooters and multi posses every time tend to forget that out here in the hinterlands things are a mite different.

LD, it still shouldn't be a problem. With 7 insteada 5, just shoot the two outside targets in any array after you've shot the "cowboy" sequence.

You see, you had a Wild Bunch match where you allowed CAShooters. That's your prerogative as a Wild Bunch match. I don't want to see CAS matches allowing 1911s.

Fillmore

LD, it still shouldn't be a problem. With 7 insteada 5, just shoot the two outside targets in any array after you've shot the "cowboy" sequence.

Us bunchers and the cowboys shot entirely different scenarios. Two separate matches, one posse.

You see, you had a Wild Bunch match where you allowed CAShooters. That's your prerogative as a Wild Bunch match. I don't want to see CAS matches allowing 1911s.

Fillmore

Okay, I gotcha now Filly and totally agree with you. I do not like to see 1911s allowed in a CAS match as just another category. It just ain't right and is not fair to anybody,

Archived