SASS Wire Forum

Back 40 #23910 L

Hi Folks,

I don't expect to change anyone's mind. I'm just stating what I prefer. I like things as they are now, with five in a magazine. No, to cocked and locked.

I like the mental aspect of having five in a magazine as one doesn't have to think about it as much if they also shoot CAS. However, it isn't that big of a deal to me. If seven were allowed, I would not like to switch back and forth from seven to five at one match.

I worry that that little lock could easily get bumped when pulling from the holster. It just does not seem as safe. I understand that it is worth the risk when the bad guy may be shooting at you. This is a sport/game, there is no bad guy, and everyone follows the same rules. So not having the gun cocked and locked is not a disadvantage.

Regards,

Allie

Us bunchers and the cowboys shot entirely different scenarios. Two separate matches, one posse.

Okay, I gotcha now Filly and totally agree with you. I do not like to see 1911s allowed in a CAS match as just another category. It just ain't right and is not fair to anybody,

BTW, Only Rocky calls me Filly. ;)

Fillmore

2 reasons I don't shoot WB much: 5 rounds in the mag and hammer down on empty chamber.

Now......... full mags and cocked and locked would get my attention.

I like that thinking!

ETA: Just on the whole mag limit/hammer down thing. Sometimes it's just fun to load as many as the gun will take, and blast some targets. That's what attracted me to IDPA. No target sequences to memorize, no artificially created reloads, just plain ol' shooting. I think I'd get into WBAS if it was more geared toward that. It would be a nice break from the memorization and target sequences of SASS (which I also love). As it stands, WBAS doesn't interest me much. Not trying to change the system, just stating my perception.

Whatever you say..........................Filly. :P

Why, I oughta...

FC

Archived