SASS Wire Forum

cant download photobucket to classifieds

southparkslim

The same has happened to me. Can't download any photos anywhere on this site anymore.

it suddenly has a whole lot of other quirks too...........

You can't download images is correct.

You link to images that live some place on the internet.

You can use a direct link code to the image which will take you to the image or you can use the DISPLAY IMG code which will display the image within the post.

You type in the starting code....paste in your url location and then type in the closing code.

I have no idea how any of the sites that you store images on use their priority code linking.

I do know hand typing direct display start and stop codes work every time.

Open up the program that has all your images, Explorer in a PC or Finder in a Mac.

Sign in to Photobucket and click the "upload" box.

Drag the image from Explorer over and drop it into the "upload" box.

Now, in photobucket, go to your "library".

Find the image that you want to post and mouse over it.

A little gear shows up -- select "get links"

Click on "IMG codes (for forums, boards)

Your image is now copied to your computer's clipboard.

Paste into your post.

Don't click on any of the little wire things, like the picture icon or links icon.

Just paste it in.

Hope this helps

--Dawg

After posting the Photobucket picture using the IMG command - DON'T edit the post. Otherwise you get this error message ...

Sorry, but you have posted more images than you are allowed to

After posting the Photobucket picture using the IMG command - DON'T edit the post. Otherwise you get this error message ...

It's not a matter of DON'T edit the post. Once you post a picture the wire WON'T let you edit the post. Frustrating when you are trying to correct or ad text.

Hey South Park - if you're still having troubles, shoot me an email at co (underscore) dave (at) comcast (dot) net and if nothing else I can put the pics on my photobucket and put them in to a reply to your classified post.

Grizz

I don't get it....all of a sudden I can't copy/paste to any forum? The little 'allow access' box appears but nothing appears in the topic box including text or photobucket IMG's

You ain't alone BK honey....me and Cheyenne Culpepper have a story over on the Saloon, I write on a different program then copy/paste to the thread...about a week and a half or so ago I stopped being able to do that, or change fonts/font sizes, or use the quote buttons, all on IE.....but if I pull up the Saloon on Firefox I can do all that. Don't know enuff to be able ta figger out why....

haven't tried any pics recently.....

What operating system are you using? I use a Samsung pad with the Android system. Seems it's quirky in different ways from one forum to another. I can post Photobucket pictures in other forums but never here. I can post links to the picture with no img code. And I can post YouTube video links. But no Photobucket pictures. On another forum, it apparently does a backup save frequently. Each time it auto saves, it scrambles the text and puts the cursor back at the beginning.

You ain't alone BK honey....me and Cheyenne Culpepper have a story over on the Saloon, I write on a different program then copy/paste to the thread...about a week and a half or so ago I stopped being able to do that, or change fonts/font sizes, or use the quote buttons, all on IE.....but if I pull up the Saloon on Firefox I can do all that. Don't know enuff to be able ta figger out why....

haven't tried any pics recently.....

You're a budding freakin' computer geek genius! Opened Firefox and it all went flawlessly..... no idea what happened in IE!

I never thought of Firefox. But you used to be able to just check multiple photos, then choose an Action that would create links, copy, and paste. Always had to manually remove the http part from both ends, but I could post half a dozen photos into a Wire Classified. Now I can't even get one to work.

Archived