SASS Wire Forum

STEAK.....most of us LOVE steak!

Last night I picked up some USDA Prime Ribeye our local meat market received in for the first time (USDA Prime NY Strip makes it's appearance more regularly)....

It came out perfect! Figured I'd share to get ya'll jazzed up for the weekend...

USDAPrimeRibeye_zps0a5f5096.jpg

GG ~ :FlagAm:

hmmm....let's see....I didn't get any breakfast, I have a diet yogurt fer lunch, and we're having hot dogs fer dinner if and when we ever make it to the ranch tonight.....

Gunner, I don't think I like you any more!! :P

hmmm....let's see....I didn't get any breakfast, I have a diet yogurt fer lunch, and we're having hot dogs fer dinner if and when we ever make it to the ranch tonight.....

Gunner, I don't think I like you any more!! :P

With :wub: ... :D

I reckon I'm weird, I'd rather have a hamburger steak or a chopped sirloin than any of the fancy steaks.

Yes, your weird :lol: ...to each his own :D

Last night I picked up some USDA Prime Ribeye our local meat market received in for the first time (USDA Prime NY Strip makes it's appearance more regularly)....

It came out perfect! Figured I'd share to get ya'll jazzed up for the weekend...

I'll be right there!!!

I reckon I'm weird, I'd rather have a hamburger steak or a chopped sirloin than any of the fancy steaks.

Yup. Yore weird.:D

I've found a lot of supermarkets don't seem to carry any good quality steak anymore. I used to regularly troll the "last sale day" section of my local supermarket's meat refrigerator and scored ribeyes or filets virtually any time I wanted them for less than the price of a "fresh" NY strip. Eventually, the supermarket stopped carrying ribeyes and filets. I guess they decided that, if they couldn't sell these for full price, there wasn't enough demand to warrant selling them at all. I started to buy whole tenderloins and cut them myself into filets, but I was seriously ribeye deprived.

The local Wal-Mart recently started selling a premium line of steak (in black containers instead of white). Prices aren't bad. They often have ribeyes, and occasionally even have porterhouses. Ironically, it was because I was often buying these expensive cuts of beef at Wal-Mart that I decided to look for cheaper options. I found there's a real butcher in the neighborhood whose prices are cheaper and whose quality is better. I can call him in the morning and pick up fresh cut steaks for dinner on the way home. Plus, he'll cut them 1 1/2" thick, something I never really see at a pre-packaged meat counter.

That looks good.

I love a good steak.

BUT.

Those would have to be cooked a little more for me.

That one would be perfect for my wife. And I know most like it like that. But not me.

I can handle a little pink. Very little. But NO red. Wife says I cook them to death.

But that's the way I like them.

Guess I'm weird too!! This made me flash back to the NCO Club on Shemya Alaska in 1971, man did they know how to fix a chopped steak with mushroom gravy!!

That looks good.

I love a good steak.

BUT.

Those would have to be cooked a little more for me.

That one would be perfect for my wife. And I know most like it like that. But not me.

I can handle a little pink. Very little. But NO red. Wife says I cook them to death.

But that's the way I like them.

We all have our preferences ;)

Guess I'm weird too!! This made me flash back to the NCO Club on Shemya Alaska in 1971, man did they know how to fix a chopped steak with mushroom gravy!!

I make a killer chopped steak with a mushroom, green onion, wine gravy.

But....... put it beside a chargrilled beef tenderloin and guess which one I'll bite into. ;)

I make a killer chopped steak with a mushroom, green onion, wine gravy.

But....... put it beside a chargrilled beef tenderloin and guess which one I'll bite into. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'd chose the steak too, but with my grilling skills I prefer visiting a good steak house!!

Best we can do around Phili is Morton's or Ruth's Criss' Steak house. Chains I know, but, the stock yards were way west!

We go to Ruth's also here in GR. When in Chicago we like Chicago Chop House, Burke's Primehouse, Capitol Grill, Smith & Wolensky, Keefers, and Gibsons....Chicago is THE prime steak house champ

We go to Ruth's also here in GR. When in Chicago we like Chicago Chop House, Burke's Primehouse, Capitol Grill, Smith & Wolensky, Keefers, and Gibsons....Chicago is THE prime steak house champ

I lived in Chi-town for a spell. I been to The Chop House, its great. I was particularly fond of Lawry's. and the Yorkshire pudding was a very nice touch! I spent some time in St. Louis as well. Another great region for steaks!

That looks like my choice of cooked.

Steak house? I don't know if they are still open but the Golden Ox at the Kansas City Stockyards is a place that performs magic with good beef.

Archived