SASS Wire Forum

A really neat interview with Tom Selleck

Two Spurs

This is the first time I've seen this interview. If you're a Tom Selleck fan (which I very much am) you will really enjoy this. Selleck's attention to detail in his westerns is exceptional and to me the role he plays as a cowboy is second to none.

Enjoy. :)

"On the eve of his induction into the Hall of Great Western
Performers, actor/producer Tom Selleck sat down for an interview with Don
Reeves. Selleck recounts an incredible career in western filmmaking and what he
is up to now. The interview was shot on April 16, 2010 at the National Cowboy &
Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma
City."

http://www.cascity.com/tom-selleck-interview/1401/

That was great.

Hey, Double Rowel, thanks for posting this. We met Tom Selleck when he was here in Houston for the NRA convention back in 2005(?). Great guy!

Laz

"Ain't nobody sets a horse like Monte Walsh,"

Thanks for the link!

~:Wylie:~

Great interview of one of the last great western actors. From Matthew Quigley to Monte Walsh, to Last Stand at Saber River, Selleck is a natural in a western. One of the all-time greats.

Well, for many of us, Tom Selleck is the heir apparent to John Wayne, as far as the westerns go. I often wonder if Mr. Selleck is really aware of how much we appreciate him, and how high we hold him in our hearts and minds. He has what it takes, to be the persona of the American Cowboy...the aura, the "look", and the dignity that we all imagine they should be. There are simply a lot of us that think he is just great, and we look forward to the day when we can see him in another western. For many of us, especially here on the S.A.S.S. site, and in the S.A.S.S. culture, we have in our hearts and minds what a cowboy should be...we have an ideal. Yes, it may be the West of the imagination, but for a lot of us, the American Cowboy is a hero. Strong, brave, tough, lots of common sense, a protector of the weak and helpless, nerves of steel, someone who can get the job done, come rain, or shine, or lead. Right, wrong, or sideways, that is how most of us see the Cowboy, and the Cowboy hero in the westerns. Tough men, and men that we not only admire, but men that we would like to be like. That is one of the big reasons that made Louis L'Amour's books so popular is that he wrote about people that we would like to emulate, and that we would like to picture ourselves as being like.

For many of us, Mr. Selleck is the personification of that, and when you add in that he is a nice person, you come up with someone we greatly admire and respect.

Most of us will never have the gift of meeting Mr. Selleck, and probably fewer still will be able to call him a personal friend, since there are a lot of us, and only one of him, but we can see him in the movies, and I have to believe that even though we do not know him, that a little of him rubs off on the characters that he portrays, and thus we do get to know a tiny bit of the real man.

A well deserve honor to be inducted into the Hall of Great Western Performers. Tom Selleck...one of many of God's gifts to us, in the Cowboy Culture. My two bits....W.K.

Tom Selleck is a great actor....period. I love his westerns, but I am a big fan of his current TV series Blue Bloods too. I am hoping he makes another western soon to add to my collection.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!!

Archived