SASS Wire Forum

EOT FCD

Goody, SASS #26190

And for my good pard Stone Creek Drifter #3!! Congrats, Rye ;)

Bravo Billy!

You continue to be an inspiration to all of who make smoke. It is always a privilege to be a member of any posse you lead! See you again this Oct. at Comin at Cha!

Tame Bill

Thanks Goody and all,

EOT was possibly the very best ever per targets/stages, thanks to T A Chance. Posse Five was awesome. I would be more than pleased to have any one of them on my posse again.

As for FCD category, we all got to experience EOT’s infamous lingering smoke on a few stages and from personally talking with seven to eight of top ten seems each had time eating mishap (s)…of course Lefty and Larsen suffered the most severe then Tame Bill had to “eat” some rifle rounds along with another one or two dips, Stone and Persuader blazed on some stages but SCD had MSV to add to time and Persuader had some bad primers to blow a good total time, and I don’t know what all messes Buster found. Cowhand and I had perhaps the more forgiving of problems with Cowhand needing a rifle reload on a stage and I with 3-4 stuck shotgun hulls. At 67, I am quite humbled by the win. The category as gotten so competitive, but amongst some of the finest shooting friends one can have as competitors….great to see them all. Guys like Buster, Larsen, Tame Bill, CD, Bill C, and MWNN have been on FCD list at EOT for most of the ten years I have been shooting the category.

Again, thanks for kind words.

*****Jubal, you missed a good one. At least your name was on rooster, hope all is well.

Billy Boots shot a great match, and is truely an inspiration.

When shooting Black powder, unlike smokeless, wheather and time of day are critical components to the shooters ability to see and hit the targets.

And Shooting in an enclosed room can be entertaining to say the least.

Mr. Boots overcame all of those problems as a true champion.

Well done

Coffee

I had not known Bill Boots prior to EOT, but had the pleasure of shooting the warm up stages with him. He is one heck of a nice guy and a pleasure to shoot with!

Good job BB & congrats on your win.

Ringer

Archived