SASS Wire Forum

Not sure I like watching videos of myself

Creeker, SASS #43022

I recently posted some videos to Youtube - some of my friends, my daughter and myself.

In editing the videos for time, making sure they posted correctly and all that kind of stuff - I ended up watching them over and over a number of times.

I thought I was a pretty solid shooter - I place pretty well most of the time and have "decent" match times...

But watching myself on video?

Now I already I knew that I am a fat guy and I already knew I tend to shuffle instead of run - but doggone if video didn't kill all my illusions of smoothness, transistions and economy of motion.

The only positive is I have a new list of things to work on in practice now.

Creeker

Hey Bud being a bit on the chubby side myself I only look at photo's and videos of myself from years ago it makes things easier to handle. Now Having shot with you a couple of times you is fast but that shuffle change alias to DUST STORM He He . Kick Ass Mule

Videotaping yourself is a great way to see factors to improve. I was amazed at how much time my hands were not busy and my feet were, especially when my feet should not have been moving!

If your video ahs a clock on it you can see the splits on the different guns and know which gun is the weakest.

:P

They tell me I take baby steps. T-Bone is always telling me to take bigger steps.

I always mean to. But :unsure::wacko:

I only have a few vids of myself. And not one good run in the bunch.

Wish I could figure out how to post them. Or get them to youtube.

Is it even worse? Tell me it's not worse.

Should I be apologizing to everyone that I have ever shot with?

It's not worse. :mellow:

GAAAAAAK. I'm sorry. I tried. I've been working on my poker face but that's just too much. :lol:

When I watch videos of myself I keep wondering who that old fat guy is in my hat.

November Cherokee Shoot - Soda Can - Click picture to start
video th_RolanKrapsNovember2012.jpg

I always end up laughing at myself either for my overall goofiness in prepping for the stage, crap that goes wrong, or just inefficient movement. I coach a lot of new shooters and many times tell them "Don't do what I do, do what I tell you to do." :)

Note to self: If you ever posse with Creeker, take lots of videos of him.

I've taken around 900 videos of folks shooting stages. And it seems that when that camera is rolling, whether the shooter knows it or not, that stuff seems to happen. The one miss that ruins a clean match, a bobbled shotgun load, and total train wrecks.

I've had a few shooters ask that I not take video of them, and I honor those requests as much as possible, but sometimes I do forget...

Hey Creeker where do I find the video of you? If its as bad as you say, I can laugh at someone besides myself finally :-)

Desert Desperados LV is the Youtube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DesertDesperadosLV?feature=watch

We have one of our annuals this upcoming weekend - so there should be more videos posted soon.

Note to self: If you ever posse with Creeker, take lots of videos of him.

I've taken around 900 videos of folks shooting stages. And it seems that when that camera is rolling, whether the shooter knows it or not, that stuff seems to happen. The one miss that ruins a clean match, a bobbled shotgun load, and total train wrecks.

I've had a few shooters ask that I not take video of them, and I honor those requests as much as possible, but sometimes I do forget...

Note to self: Never EVER let Dave video me while shooting a stage. :ph34r:

Hey Philly, who is your competition? I want to know who to solicit for bribes... :D

Lately it's been a 14 year old kid named Pecos Nick. He is fast. REAL fast! When he learns to keep himself under control I'm not going to stand a chance. Keep that name in mind, Pecos Nick. You're going to be hearing it a lot in years to come. And on top of that, he's one of the nicest, most polite young men you'd ever care to meet. I hate him. :lol:

Lately it's been a 14 year old kid named Pecos Nick. He is fast. REAL fast! When he learns to keep himself under control I'm not going to stand a chance. Keep that name in mind, Pecos Nick. You're going to be hearing it a lot in years to come. And on top of that, he's one of the nicest, most polite young men you'd ever care to meet. I hate him. :lol:

He's probably smart and good looking too, and succeeds at everything he tries. I can see why you hate him, he's everything you're not! :P:D

RRR, I just watched one of me 15 months ago. Hmmm. 45 pounds ago. It can be done w/ blood, sweat & tears. When I am ready to hurl I think of my new reason....I want to see the new grand baby have babies!!! It can be done. We r visiting my sister's farm in upstate NY. We got out an old tractor tire yesterday. If it works for Olympic swimmers it can work for an old guy. Hating it this AM. We will do it again later

I recently posted some videos to Youtube - some of my friends, my daughter and myself.

In editing the videos for time, making sure they posted correctly and all that kind of stuff - I ended up watching them over and over a number of times.

I thought I was a pretty solid shooter - I place pretty well most of the time and have "decent" match times...

But watching myself on video?

Now I already I knew that I am a fat guy and I already knew I tend to shuffle instead of run - but doggone if video didn't kill all my illusions of smoothness, transistions and economy of motion.

The only positive is I have a new list of things to work on in practice now.

I just watched one of your videos and thought you looked pretty smooth, particularly the shotgun.

I like watching videos of my stages, not because I think I look good (I don't) but because I like to analyze what I did well and what I didn't do well.

For example, this one went very well other than a slight hiccup on the very last rifle round.

This one is pretty ugly, shotgun shells raining down everywhere. That'll teach me to forget my hand warmers on a 20 degree day.

http://youtu.be/ESKQWiYhjV4

Archived