SASS Wire Forum

Confessions of a Liberal Gun Owner

Cypress Sun

People like this guy, and similar people from California, who move to Texas will eventually turn Texas "purple", or even "blue".

Typically, he chastizes his facebook friends who call individuals supporting gun rights names, but then he does the same thing to folks with whom he disagrees, i.e., Rush Limbaugh.

I think there may be some hope for his daughter, provided she gets some exposure to a few Texas Cowboys.

BTW, I do LIVE in Ca. I'm NOT from Ca.

LG

Hey, where ARE you from? Mars? :lol: Me, I live in Ca, and while I have lived elsewhere, I am from Ca. And while there are a few issues that separate me from someone like Rush Limbaugh I don't consider myself liberal. I have known quite a few people over the years who might in some circles be classified by some as "liberal" who own, shoot and defend the right to own, guns. Life is complicated....

Hey MDJ, I'm from Colorado ;)/>

Why haven't you and your daughter signed up for RRV's , Defend the Roost in May? :mellow:/>

LG

Contemplating it. Have to get through Winter Range and a trip to Louisiana and Texas first though. She will be over to shoot CVR next weekend. Work gets in her way.

Sounds as if he is trying to assuage his guilt about owning guns and vilify those who own guns he doesn't like.

Notice how many pieces we are suddenly seeing with "I'm a gun owner (and a hunter) so I support the 2nd Amendment ---- BUT..."

Or

"No one is going to try to take your guns....BUT...."

and then go into what further restrictions the writer wants to impose? Kind of like how companies deny that they are about to be bought by another company, the BINGO!, they are suddenly bought out. Then the "No one will be laid off by this merger!" And a few days later "We will be cutting the workforce in half."

Yeah, they respect the 2nd, and no one is going to take our guns....

BUT...

Subdeacon Joe has the right of it...we are at war with an utterly unscrupulous enemy. Any article you see that starts out, "I'm a gun owner, but...," "I support the Second Amendment, but...", "I'm a shooter, hunter, concealed carry holder, but..." is nothing but SPIN, that is, a lie designed to as much as possible divide us and make it possible to to conquer us. If those people exist at all, they are PAID WHORES, nothing more. The ones I researched turned out to be "Democratic operatives." That's another phrase for PAID WHORES.

Cypress Sun is also right...it's worth reading this stuff, but keep in mind each one of of these articles is fiction. I hate to sound so harsh, but this gets uglier every day. I believe that we are going to win this; I believe that we ARE winning this, but no one is even pretending that anything in the MSM is anything but spin, smoke and mirrors...

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

Subdeacon Joe has the right of it...we are at war with an utterly unscrupulous enemy. Any article you see that starts out, "I'm a gun owner, but...," "I support the Second Amendment, but...", "I'm a shooter, hunter, concealed carry holder, but..." is nothing but SPIN, that is, a lie designed to as much as possible divide us and make it possible to to conquer us. If those people exist at all, they are PAID WHORES, nothing more. The ones I researched turned out to be "Democratic operatives." That's another phrase for PAID WHORES.

Cypress Sun is also right...it's worth reading this stuff, but keep in mind each one of of these articles is fiction. I hate to sound so harsh, but this gets uglier every day. I believe that we are going to wn this; I believe that we ARE winning this, but no one is even pretending that anything in the MSM is anything but spin, smoke and mirrors...

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

+1

I'm from Illinois so I am gonna just keep my mouth shut....lol

Sounds as if he is trying to assuage his guilt about owning guns and vilify those who own guns he doesn't like.

Notice how many pieces we are suddenly seeing with "I'm a gun owner (and a hunter) so I support the 2nd Amendment ---- BUT..."

Or

"No one is going to try to take your guns....BUT...."

and then go into what further restrictions the writer wants to impose? Kind of like how companies deny that they are about to be bought by another company, the BINGO!, they are suddenly bought out. Then the "No one will be laid off by this merger!" And a few days later "We will be cutting the workforce in half."

Yeah, they respect the 2nd, and no one is going to take our guns....

BUT...

He's a gun owner....but...believes the world would be a better place without guns.....yeah....like the medieval times maybe?

He's a gun owner....but...tanks are cool and fun, AR15's are as well, but he can't own a tank, and see's no harm in their restriction.

He's a gun owner....but...believes guns are too easy to obtain....like....yawn....typical hater talking point lacking in any originality.

He's a gun owner....but...believes gun regulations are non existent and Obama's plan for restrictions are just window dressing.

He's a gun owner....but...he ain't got a brain in his head.

Ya know, I've been wondering where all the left/dem leaning gun owners where during the past few weeks while their political leaders trashed theirs, and our rights, well, if they're like this stooge, then they're in the closet about supporting Obama's anti gun plan.

"and similar people from California"

Sure run your mouth loose with that smart-arse remark... <_</>

BTW, I do LIVE in Ca. I'm NOT from Ca.

LG

I am originally from New York City, Brooklyn, which I left in 1965.

I am also from the Peoples Republic of Maryland, which I left a few years ago after 33 years there.

I am currently from South Central Pennsylvania.

California and New York are the deepest of Blue states, and I recognize that not everyone from NY or CA can be broadbrushed with the same label. When the Gov of Texas invites folks from these states to relocate to Texas, it will be not just conservatives who will relocate there, and they will vote as they did in NY or CA, which is their right to do.

I suggested in another thread that perhaps there should be another SASS forum, called perhaps something like "Cowboy Soap Box" for non-shooting conversations. Being new to SASS, it is not my intention to offend anyone, but just to put out my opinion.

B Slim

I suggested in another thread that perhaps there should be another SASS forum, called perhaps something like "Cowboy Soap Box" for non-shooting conversations.

B Slim

We tried that. It was called The Political Fire and was discontinued after prople could not control themselve. Insults, profanity, and threats of violence mad it almost impossible to moderate. Sad but that's how it turned out.

I am originally from New York City, Brooklyn, which I left in 1965.

I am also from the Peoples Republic of Maryland, which I left a few years ago after 33 years there.

I am currently from South Central Pennsylvania.

California and New York are the deepest of Blue states, and I recognize that not everyone from NY or CA can be broadbrushed with the same label. When the Gov of Texas invites folks from these states to relocate to Texas, it will be not just conservatives who will relocate there, and they will vote as they did in NY or CA, which is their right to do.

I suggested in another thread that perhaps there should be another SASS forum, called perhaps something like "Cowboy Soap Box" for non-shooting conversations. Being new to SASS, it is not my intention to offend anyone, but just to put out my opinion.

B Slim

Reread twice, what you type BEFORE you hit 'Add Reply'.

You knew what you posted <_<

Carry on,

LG

I still say it ain't about guns, it's about CONTROL....and to control people the first thing you need to do is disarm them....

"...the White Houses recommendations seem like a good first step..." It seems to me like almost every time a liberal starts talking gun control, it's always followed by "...a good first step."

I not only live in CA, but I was born here. And, apart from the four years I was wearing the green suit for Uncle Sam, I've lived here all my life. I own a gun shop and 75 % of what I sell would be illegal if DiFi gets her way. As for my politics, ask the folks that know me. I stack right up there with Rush, Newt, Ronnie and the like. So, for future reference, PLEASE think about what you're saying when you paint with a broad brush about Californians. It's one of the few things that gets me riled up.

As for the article in question, Wolf Bane hit the nail squarely on the head. This is just more liberal spin. Don't give an inch in this fight. If you want encouragement, look up and read Sheriff Stan Sniff's letter to our Senators. He's the Riverside County Sheriff and shots regularly with us at The Cowboys in Norco.

Nothing that comes before "but" matters.

Exactly.

"...the White Houses recommendations seem like a good first step..." It seems to me like almost every time a liberal starts talking gun control, it's always followed by "...a good first step."

That after the denial of wanting to restrict our 2nd Amendment right.

Archived