SASS Wire Forum

Compromise?

Go West

It occured to me with all of the clamoring for new anti-gun legislation that calls for compromise are actually ridiculous. Compromise usually mean each side gives up something to end up in the middle. Trouble is, we're holding most of the cards the opposition is asking (demanding?)we give up. There is no incentive to give up anything, so I say, thanks but no!

This is not a political post, just offering information on a gun friendly point of view.

Compromise among reasonable people can be effective. One method of working out problems that worked well for me was identifying what each groups "needs" were. This was effective compared to "positional" fights where each group takes up a "position" and fights for it. The position often gets in the way and may or may not truly meet their needs.

But when dealing in some areas, compromise is merely a slow death. A classic example is when one group wants to drive the other group into the sea and kill them all. (Sound familiar?) How can you compromise with that? Offer up your neighbor so you can live?

Well that is essentially what the anti-s are doing with their gun bans. It would be much better to talk with them about what their concerns are and how to deal with them.

But that is often difficult because they have taken a "position" that nothing will work except their solution - regardless of how often it has been shown to fail. They are reacting almost totally out of an illogical hope for utopia combined with an illogical fear of life's dangers. They are generally surrounded by those that say they agree with them (or don't want to incur their rath if they disagree.) So they begin to believe what is actually a lie. So it is very difficult to discuss in a factual manner. It is generally better to attempt to hold your temper and discuss feelings and a little of real life.

A good article on understanding them is:

Raging Against Self Defense

Just remember that they are not willing to actually compromise but are wanting to institute a "death by inches" battle. But we need to deal with individuals as much as we can to help them understand reality.

We have "met them half way" enough times that they hold at least 3/4 of the field now.

We need to take back the language of the issue. Not "gun rights" but "civil rights" - just like the civil rights protected by the other articles of the Bill of Rights. Not "high capacity magazine" but "full capacity" or "designed capacity." Not "assault weapon" but "sporting arm." Not "gun control" but "abridging of a civil right."

I say give them what they will understand. A fist full of knuckles in the face.

How is that for compromise. :rolleyes:/>

Sure and it`s a violent man ya are Badger darlin.;)

Naaaaaa, I am just a pussy cat with a chip on me shoulder.

A few knocks with me shillelagh and they will be coming around saying

Saints preserve us.....And me Irish ancestors will be singin' me praise.

Oh wait, the irish side is on me wife's side. I'm the German scoundrel.

Dumm ich.

Obama doesn't know the meaning of compromise. Look at what he is saying about the debt ceiling. He is going to approch gun control like he did Obama care. It's his way period. :angry:/>

Obama doesn't know the meaning of compromise. Look at what he is saying about the debt ceiling. He is going to approch gun control like he did Obama care. It's his way period. mad.gif/>

Oh year certainly got dat rat !

Compromise. Instead of a cup of crap in your ice cream won't you just settle for a spoon full?

Boy, now THAT's graphic, Sam! :lol:

It occured to me with all of the clamoring for new anti-gun legislation that calls for compromise are actually ridiculous. Compromise usually mean each side gives up something to end up in the middle. Trouble is, we're holding most of the cards the opposition is asking (demanding?)we give up. There is no incentive to give up anything, so I say, thanks but no!

This is not a political post, just offering information on a gun friendly point of view.

They give up their freedom.

The compromise is the gun grabbers give up their guns and we keep ours. They're the ones wanting to be gun free so they should demonstrate how well it works. I think Frankenstein should go first. ;)/>

OS

Archived