SASS Wire Forum

Prayers up for a stranger please...

I was riding the Washington, DC metro this evening and got off at my usual station. Walked through one of the little walled enclosures where folks can sit out of the wind. Two teens were in there, the place smelled like vomit, and one of them was trying to get the other to walk, even though he was clearly in no condition to. Puking, foaming at the mouth, slurred speech, unresponsive limbs.

By that time two other adults had stopped, The sober teen kept trying to convince us his "friend" was okay. It looked like he might get ugly on us but we stood our ground in the doors and didn't let him take the kid. We called an ambulance and the sober said he "needed to leave", but wrote down the other kid's name and address before taking off.

The paramedics were then in a matter of minutes, and by that time the kid was totally unresponsive. Eyes rolled back in his head and everything.

All I know is that his name is Derek. He's at the hospital now. I'm praying for the medical staff and those around him. I'm also praying for the kid who ran. He has a hard heart, but somewhere in there is a soft spot because at least he thought enough to write down data that was useful before cowering away. I pray the soft will overcome the hard.

Please join me?

Charlie, you did the right thing and bless you for doing so. In today's society, too many would have just kept going on their way. Prayers up for the young man and his parents!

My prayers added.

Ya just never know....in a different world that could be any of us.

Even when you're down (and I have been lately being without a job) Keep in mind someone will always offer prayers and help. Situation should never make one turn their back on those involved.

Good on ya, CH. For the prayers and for stopping to help and standing strong.

~EE~

Don't think the other kid necessarily had a hard heart. He was just young, scared and didn't know what to do, so he ran.

Prayers up for the youths and for the doctors.

Prayers on da way, Charlie !

In this day and age, it is quiet refreshing to see some one stop to help, not only stand their ground but to call the EMTS.

My wife says men like that are few and far between. And, she saids, she's got one of them too !

Prayers for all !

Prayers up for the youths and for the doctors.

Prayers on the way :)

That was a very kind and brave thing you did Charlie. God bless you for that.

I'm praying the kid comes out of this OK and for The Lord to guide the healing hands of the doctors.

You done real good, Charlie.

Prayers up for both the boys and you and the other good samaritans.

Don't think the other kid necessarily had a hard heart. He was just young, scared and didn't know what to do, so he ran.

You beat me to it, Bob. Young, scared, thinking he would catch all the blame.

Of course, prayers up for Derek.

Archived