SASS Wire Forum

It's HOT, dang HOT

Grizzly Dave

Denver set an all time record high today at 105. We are on the 4th consecutive day at or above 100, the record is 5 in a row which looks to get tied tomorrow and likely broken on Wednesday.

To you AZ folks this might not sound horrible, but to us folks up here where the air is thin and we're close to the sun, it's down right miserable.

It's after 9 PM and it's still 99 degrees.

I sure home we get some cooler weather and some raid before the whole state burns up.

Us So Cal folks think you have it made!

I'd rather be there than here......

......It's headed this way starting tomorrow....temps 100+ with high humidity.

I don't mind hot.....I just hate humid!!!!

We've already seen several days 95+ and humid.....I think I'm ready for winter!

~EE Taft~

I be doin' a rain dance fer y'all though. God knows y'all could use the rain!

Denver set an all time record high today at 105. We are on the 4th consecutive day at or above 100, the record is 5 in a row which looks to get tied tomorrow and likely broken on Wednesday.

To you AZ folks this might not sound horrible, but to us folks up here where the air is thin and we're close to the sun, it's down right miserable.

It's after 9 PM and it's still 99 degrees.

I sure home we get some cooler weather and some raid before the whole state burns up.

Whats the elevation there Grizz?

62 Here Grizz

Hmmm! Got any room for transients up there?

I'd rather be there than here......

......It's headed this way starting tomorrow....temps 100+ with high humidity.

I don't mind hot.....I just hate humid!!!!

We've already seen several days 95+ and humid.....I think I'm ready for winter!

~EE Taft~

I be doin' a rain dance fer y'all though. God knows y'all could use the rain!

Humidity is the killer and it was hot enough at 105 here to make it miserable. Certainly miss all the shade trees the 2011 tornado blew away thats for sure.

Far as I'm concerned they could delete February, July, August, and half of September. Make April, May, October and November longer.

Far as I'm concerned they could delete February, July, August, and half of September. Make April, May, October and November longer.

+1!

I'll take heat anyday compared to freezing cold, snow, sleet and wind! It's been in the low 80's here and it's gonna climb to the 90's this week. I can cool off a lot easier than warming up. I HATE cold weather!! :(

I'll take heat anyday compared to freezing cold, snow, sleet and wind! It's been in the low 80's here and it's gonna climb to the 90's this week. I can cool off a lot easier than warming up. I HATE cold weather!! :(

Exact opposite, prefer the cold to the hot. Easier to get warm than to get cold...

One of the reasons I still live in the Garden of Eden that is Michigan :-/

Exact opposite, prefer the cold to the hot. Easier to get warm than to get cold...

One of the reasons I still live in the Garden of Eden that is Michigan :-/

Now that is funny right there. However, Michigan is a very beautiful State. But Garden of Eden is a bit of a stretch in my book. :lol:

If it was about 60-65 that would be perfect to me.

colder is ok, I can always put on more clothes, but when it's this hot I can't take off any more clothes without folks yelling "beached whale" as they run away in horror.

Having grown up here in the dry west, humidity kills me hot or cold, it makes the hot hotter and the cold colder.

Sam, I live in the Denver-Boulder area, so you can figure I'm around a mile high.

Many of the fires in southern colorado meaning the springer and waldo canyon fire are being attributed to dryness of the fuel.

Still plenty of fuel. High temps. Wind direction.

Last night the waldo canyon fire grew a long arm to the north west.

The winds change direction twice a day. At night they go more south to north with a western component.

There are according to authorities about 6000 folks are under mandatory evacuation.

The waldo canyon fire is now the number one fire in the state and I have heard in the country.

All 4 tv networks are spending significant time on this fire.

One has not shown regular tv since the fire started on saturday afternoon.

(The fire may have actually started on friday, but was noticed on saturday.)

US Route 24 is closed to the west between colorado springs and some points west.

The fire has not crossed 24 and so far has caused no injuries/deaths nor has it destroyed any structures.

It hit 70 this past Saturday and it's been in the 50's since. I don't mind the cold so much but the rain gets old after awhile. We had flood warnings for a couple of days while the record snow from last winter started melting up in the mountains. At least the mosquitos seem to be thinning out.

And yet ANOTHER fire in Colorado this afternoon, this one west of Boulder, started by lightning. We're getting some clouds, and too much lightning, but no rain :angry: I didn't know about this new one until I was heading home from work, heard something about it on the radio just before I turned to head west on 6th Ave. and saw the smoke up to the north. Drove the rest of the way home in tears, seems like my whole state is going up in flames...

102 with 65% humidity here. Makes you feel like you have to take a bite of air and chew it up. The good news is the night time low is 73. I think I may have to change my work schedule up a bit to avoid the heat of the afternoons

102 with 65% humidity here. Makes you feel like you have to take a bite of air and chew it up. The good news is the night time low is 73. I think I may have to change my work schedule up a bit to avoid the heat of the afternoons

Just saw this on the evening news.................

Temp here is to be 105 tomorrow with 90 % humidity....

Gonna wear a sleeveless shirt to work tomorrow. Don't give a damn what the boss says ! !

He's in an a/c OFFICE ! !

We had 101 yesterday but it had 80% of Louisiana Humidity with it. Grizz, wait until August, then come down here to Cajun Country and stay about 2 weeks.

You will know what the real heat is, When you open your door it feels as if your stepping into a oven on the stove. I'm breathing on one lung and have to be indoors in the evening on my O2 machine. Southern Louisiana has a late summer that is about the same as the tropics.

My casting building was reading 105 with the exchaust fans running on high. No bullet making for quite a while in there.

...we be havin' a bit of a heat wave as well 'ere in Indian Territory.. 105 yesterday with no breeze with humidity up around 65%... ...and it supposed to be a bit hotter today... but we do have a breeze...

Now that is funny right there. However, Michigan is a very beautiful State. But Garden of Eden is a bit of a stretch in my book. :lol:

+1

Tain't no Garden of Eden, specially where their highways are concerned. I've never seen a worse interstate than I-75 between Toledo, Oh & Southgate, MI. The folks in Mi don't have the tax dollars to repair it anymore. They work on it doing the best they can all spring summer and fall. Then along comes winter and the heavy trucks tear it up again. It's constantly under reconstruction.

But I'll tell ya one thing, I'm sick & tired of this dadblasted drought. Right now it's 107° on my patio and that's in the shade. We'll be going to Michigan arounf the 1st of Oct. I'm ready to go NOW and get away from this heat for a little while but Aimless Jane want to see the leaves turning colors & what mamma wants mamma gets or poppa gets no peace.

+1!!

CPK

Well, come on out here to west Texas. We'll warm ya up pronto. Plenty o good payin jobs too. Only problem is tain't no place to live. Got people livin in tents. Soon as a house is listed it sells within hours. Know a couple that sold their house for four K more than they were asking for it an hour & a half after they listed it with a realtor. 1br apt is renting for $1,000.00 +, utilities are extra. They're building houses and apts as fast as they can & they're rented or sold long before they're move-in ready. But it's plenty hot here. I fixed bacon, eggs & hash brown spuds on the hood of my car about noon.

Well, come on out here to west Texas. We'll warm ya up pronto. Plenty o good payin jobs too. Only problem is tain't no place to live. Got people livin in tents. Soon as a house is listed it sells within hours. Know a couple that sold their house for four K more than they were asking for it an hour & a half after they listed it with a realtor. 1br apt is renting for $1,000.00 +, utilities are extra. They're building houses and apts as fast as they can & they're rented or sold long before they're move-in ready. But it's plenty hot here. I fixed bacon, eggs & hash brown spuds on the hood of my car about noon.

What is driving the housing shortage out there, Riddles?

Simple. The oil boom. More jobs than you can shake a stick at. People moving in at an alarming rate. Construction of new housing just can't keep up with the demand.

Archived