SASS Wire Forum

CSI...not so real:(

Jack Houston # 35508

Was watching tonight's episode and someone was killed with a PS-90 and 5.7x28 ammo. It was stated that "That gun and ammo is not allowed in this country!!

Really, the Fort Hood Massacre was done with that caliber, it's available alot of places and so are PS-90's !

Yesterday on CSI:LA they found a .308 shell casing and somehow knew it was a "custom load".

JH,

The PS-90 is the semi auto version allowed in this country!

The FN P-90 is not only the full auto version but is also a Short barreled rifle making it a class III firearm by definition and may well not be importable except for special LEO etc. The scene in the truck trailer clearly showed a full auto so P-90 NOT PS-90.

Ammo is correct for both PS-90 and P-90.

Was watching tonight's episode and someone was killed with a PS-90 and 5.7x28 ammo. It was stated that "That gun and ammo is not allowed in this country!!

Really, the Fort Hood Massacre was done with that caliber, it's available alot of places and so are PS-90's !

The 5.7x28mm round in an FN Five Seven semi auto hand gun is what was used in the Fort Hood Massacre. That gun is still available in 10 round and/or 20 round versions, depending on local laws. The 5.7x28mm round is basicly a shorter M-16, M-4, AR-15 round, and can defeat most vests.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/Earthman17/Five-seveNwiththe57x28mmSS197SRround.jpg

This ammo is available with several different loads.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae299/Earthman17/57x28mmammo.jpg

Trying being a cop all your life and watching shows like that! You will soon realize they are all comedies and just a big joke. Anti-gunners love how people believe anything they say. :rolleyes:

The list of errors I see on CSI shows would astound most viewers.

30 minute DNA test results? BWAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:

The problem is that the public sees and believes that this BS is possible and gets Pi##ed when you can’t do it live they do on NCIS.

Do you mean to tell me that what I see on TV is not always accurate?

:blink:

You can't be serious. But it is on TV. :blink:

One thing that I am having trouble with, however. Once a year or so, you

will see a scene with the characters at the range doing qualify work or

whatever. BUT, and there is always a but, they can shoot the eye out

of a perp at 100 yards with a 9mm handgun, while he holds a hostage

in front as a shield. Is that realistic? :huh:

Do you mean to tell me that what I see on TV is not always accurate?

:blink:

You can't be serious. But it is on TV. :blink:

One thing that I am having trouble with, however. Once a year or so, you

will see a scene with the characters at the range doing qualify work or

whatever. BUT, and there is always a but, they can shoot the eye out

of a perp at 100 yards with a 9mm handgun, while he holds a hostage

in front as a shield. Is that realistic? :huh:

I saw that on the Internet once, so it must be true :lol: Everyone knows the Internet is 100% reliable :lol: And TV shows are nearly perfect as well :lol: !

Regards

:FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Trying being a cop all your life and watching shows like that! You will soon realize they are all comedies and just a big joke. Anti-gunners love how people believe anything they say. :rolleyes:

I've got a very good friend on Las Vegas Metro PD. It astounds him how often he hears jurors ask why Grissom hasn't identified the DNA or why didn't CSI just do such and such "like in the episode". :blink:

As a Vegas resident I love to listen for locations. One of the best was a crime that happened at the intersection of Flamingo and Tropicana. **GAAAAAAAK** That kind of stuff cracks me up. :lol:

I've got a very good friend on Las Vegas Metro PD. It astounds him how often he hears jurors ask why Grissom hasn't identified the DNA or why didn't CSI just do such and such "like in the episode". :blink:

As a Vegas resident I love to listen for locations. One of the best was a crime that happened at the intersection of Flamingo and Tropicana. **GAAAAAAAK** That kind of stuff cracks me up. :lol:

Maybe they were driving one of those flying cars that we see so much of on TV? :blink:

Just fly over there and forget about the cross streets.

Try processing a crime scene and listening to crime victims tell you that you had better have the results of fingerprint lifts within an hour and everything must be tested for DNA evidence.... For a 100 dollar loss........ Like the Deputy Chiefs are gonna let you make that call...............

Guest Tennessee Stud, SASS# 43634 Life

The list of errors I see on CSI shows would astound most viewers.

30 minute DNA test results? BWAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:

I like that "tennis-shoe" footprint database that they have to go to sometimes.

dam....

(EDIT: I forgot to give you a nickname... that I only give to some of my favorite posters... Lawman Marky-Marks....hehehehehe.)

ts

I like that "tennis-shoe" footprint database that they have to go to sometimes.

dam....

(EDIT: I forgot to give you a nickname... that I only give to some of my favorite posters... Lawman Marky-Marks....hehehehehe.)

ts

Thanks TS...I feel special :)

Where can I get the software that provides instantaneous 3-dimensional schematic views of the plumbing and electrical circuits for every building in the world, and it's always up to date?

I recall a CSI miami shoe the first or 2ed year that featured the FN- P90 so you would have thought the producers would cave caught the gaff but het its entertainment not real.... I do notice that when ever a topic of which I have personal expert level knowledge is either reported on tv or in a newspaper or featured as a plot point in a show that the facts will be wrong in some way more than half the tine... and it has ever been thus or has been since I started noticing say about 1958 :ph34r:

Did y'all ever notice just how much it rains in Las Vegas according to that show? Or how much green vegetation there seems to be? Oh, there are places about that there is a significant amount of green, but I recognize many of the "field" locations as being in the Southern California coastal mountains, not Las Vegas. There was one episode that featured a scene on an urban street, and as I was looking at it, I recognized it as being in the Eagle Rock area of Los Angeles; I knew some folks who lived on that street.

Like my Gramps used to say: Don't believe anything you hear, or most of what you see.

Movies! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Darn it you mean CSI is not real? lol... Teasing you.. One would think you would spend time researching a story if your telling one.. huh? lol And I like CSI too.

Archived