SASS Wire Forum

Faster than the speed of light...

Deja Vous

A few years back I had someone tell me how stupid I was to think anything could travel faster than the speed of light. I simply think that our ancestors thought the earth was flat.. so there is so much we do not know, and anything is possible.. A Friend called me tonight because he knew the story, and wanted to tell me about the news, things do travel faster than the speed of light.

Can you imagine what the future will hold for our children and grandchildren? They will see and do things we never knew would be possible, just as we did . My grandmother told me she went from a horse drawn carriage to a man on the moon.. what an amazing life! Think of what it will be like before we find our way to heaven...

We might see floating air cars, or travel to other galaxys.. Hmm wonder what kinda cool gunsthey will have? lol

If we could find a way to move faster than the speed of light, or even at the speed of light, it would bring to truth a dream that started in 1966. It's called Warp Drive.

A few years back I had someone tell me how stupid I was to think anything could travel faster than the speed of light. I simply think that our ancestors thought the earth was flat.. so there is so much we do not know, and anything is possible.. A Friend called me tonight because he knew the story, and wanted to tell me about the news, things do travel faster than the speed of light.

Can you imagine what the future will hold for our children and grandchildren? They will see and do things we never knew would be possible, just as we did . My grandmother told me she went from a horse drawn carriage to a man on the moon.. what an amazing life! Think of what it will be like before we find our way to heaven...

We might see floating air cars, or travel to other galaxys.. Hmm wonder what kinda cool gunsthey will have? lol

I'm with you darlin. We are only limited by our imagination.

I remember reading somewhere, where people once thought you couldn't travel faster than about 60 mph, because the air pressure would be too great to breath. Then you couldn't travel faster than sound. The latest was the light barrier, which now has proven to be exceedable. To quote a line from a movie, 'You never know what tomorrow will bring'. (Back to the future III)

New guns? I'm going to need another safe. We're going to need reactive targets that go bang, with those laser pulse rifles. :)

Dark is faster than light. It always gets there before the light does.

Gravity is faster than light or dark. It's like the Enterprise at warp 10, it's everywhere all of the time.

Uow long did it take the horse drawn carriage to get to the moon?

How far can a dog run into the woods?

OK, just thinking out loud here, could it be that those particles measured faster that the speed of light by conventional methods because they encountered worm holes , which zipped them through a shortcut in time and space, on the way? Darn this thinking. Now I have a headache. Bottles, a bottle of Exliar if you please! And a round for the saloon while you're at it.

Bucky

Have you ever seen Deuce Stevens Shoot ?

FASTER THEN THE SPEED OF LIGHT !! LOL

You do have to wonder, huh? The future is amazing. today I was suppose to work, but the software went down. I spent part of my morning getting tires, air filter, belts.. etc.. lol.. But I did wonder.. in the future what will we be ordering.. new air power pumps to keep us floating, or maybe a solar battery? I love the future.. but somehow the horse carriage still make me want to drift back to the past, when men were men and women were women.. lol.. Life is fun if you let it be, huh?

If we could find a way to move faster than the speed of light, or even at the speed of light, it would bring to truth a dream that started in 1966. It's called Warp Drive.

I remeber the people movers.. which are in the airports today.. lol.. I guess a lot of the stuff has not come true yet... But it will over time..

Reversing time is gonna have some strange side effects...

"Why the long face?"

The bartender says:

A horse walks into a bar.

Lol.. so true.. There are parts of my past I would love to live forever.. like my Dad as a young man, or the day I was told i was old enough to ride along.. or the first date, the first love,.. and my first husband. The first love swept you off your feet cuz you had never done it before I guess. ... lol.. But life, I would not miss a minute of it. And while I lost my first love a long time ago, I am sure that life has more in store for me to love and enjoy. I have never given up on God and his way of planning my life for me. My first love was new and hard to explain.. As you mature it changes I guess.. You now know what you want.

I'm with you darlin. We are only limited by our imagination.

I remember reading somewhere, where people once thought you couldn't travel faster than about 60 mph, because the air pressure would be too great to breath. Then you couldn't travel faster than sound. The latest was the light barrier, which now has proven to be exceedable. To quote a line from a movie, 'You never know what tomorrow will bring'. (Back to the future III)

New guns? I'm going to need another safe. We're going to need reactive targets that go bang, with those laser pulse rifles. :)

All I can say is you have to embrace life.. My dad is 92, and he tells me you gotta live child everyday like ti is your life cuz it might be.. lol.. I do not know what tomorrow will bring, but I am not afraid..

I've having a bad case of Deja Vous, didn't we do this same thread a few months back? I even had to check the date stamps on all the posts, thinking it was an old thread brought back to the top...

Rotfl.. get use to if grzizes.. it is my name .. lol

On 11-19-11, it was reported that the CERN group repeated their earlier experiment with "Muon Neutrinos" particles and again repeated and verified their speed as traveling 100 times faster then the speed of light.

Probable look it up and get more info. Just remember heariong it on the news. MT

I've having a bad case of Deja Vous, didn't we do this same thread a few months back? I even had to check the date stamps on all the posts, thinking it was an old thread brought back to the top...

There are things already in existence that have been proven in small scale to work, such as teleportation and anti-gravity. The problem with teleportation is reassembling the atoms into the same pattern as they were on the other end. You would start out as you on one end and come out the other as a random mess of proteins, water, and amino acids. Magnetic anti-gravity could soon lead to frictionless bearings and vehicles that run without fuel. Room temperature fusion is another one that seems to have been proven, but not practical on a large scale with current technology.

What will the future bring... barely 200 years ago, the Corps of Discovery took nearly a year and a half to travel from Missouri to the Pacific ocean, leaving on May 14, 1804 and arriving at the Pacific on November 8, 1805. Only 171 years later, in 1976, an air breathing SR71 Blackbird took less than 1 hour and 8 minutes to cross the entire United States, coast to coast. It set another speed record by flying from Paris to New York and, by local time, arriving nearly four hours before it left. A hundred and seventy one years is only two slightly longer than average lifetimes.

Humans left the surface of this planet in a powered vehicle for the first time in 1903 and developed the technology to be able to land on the moon only 66 years later.

In 1860, a new technology called The Pony Express was able to deliver a message from St. Louis to the California gold fields in only ten days, which was absolutely miraculous for the time. Only a decade earlier, you would have been thought to be suffering from dementia to suggest that in the near future one would be able to send a message to California and receive a reply in less than three weeks. Today, that message takes, what... three seconds?

There has been more change in the past 100 years than in any other time in history, and the possibilities of what the future will bring are absolutely mind-boggling. My daughters, 18 & 26, just cannot fathom that the world they know today was science fiction when I was born, and completely unimaginable in my grandparents time.

There are things already in existence that have been proven in small scale to work, such as teleportation and anti-gravity. The problem with teleportation is reassembling the atoms into the same pattern as they were on the other end. You would start out as you on one end and come out the other as a random mess of proteins, water, and amino acids. Magnetic anti-gravity could soon lead to frictionless bearings and vehicles that run without fuel. Room temperature fusion is another one that seems to have been proven, but not practical on a large scale with current technology.

What will the future bring... barely 200 years ago, the Corps of Discovery took nearly a year and a half to travel from Missouri to the Pacific ocean, leaving on May 14, 1804 and arriving at the Pacific on November 8, 1805. Only 171 years later, in 1976, an air breathing SR71 Blackbird took less than 1 hour and 8 minutes to cross the entire United States, coast to coast. It set another speed record by flying from Paris to New York and, by local time, arriving nearly four hours before it left. A hundred and seventy one years is only two slightly longer than average lifetimes.

Humans left the surface of this planet in a powered vehicle for the first time in 1903 and developed the technology to be able to land on the moon only 66 years later.

In 1860, a new technology called The Pony Express was able to deliver a message from St. Louis to the California gold fields in only ten days, which was absolutely miraculous for the time. Only a decade earlier, you would have been thought to be suffering from dementia to suggest that in the near future one would be able to send a message to California and receive a reply in less than three weeks. Today, that message takes, what... three seconds?

There has been more change in the past 100 years than in any other time in history, and the possibilities of what the future will bring are absolutely mind-boggling. My daughters, 18 & 26, just cannot fathom that the world they know today was science fiction when I was born, and completely unimaginable in my grandparents time.

Oh gosh.. like the star trek stuff? Would that not be just crazy if that worked? Life changes so fast, and so does our knowledge of the world, heck the universe around us. It amazes me how much I do not know. When I was very young I heard an older woman say that my grandmother didn't seem real sensible, she was like a child and 60 years old.. lol.. I decided I like the woman my grandmother was and the wonder she had for life until the end. She was as gentle in her heart as she was in a child like wonderment about life.. (is that a word??) .lol.. I know to this day why my dad loved her so much.... she had to be so much fun to have as a mom. Life is so exciting when you think of the whole picture. And what could be possible.

No no no.....This thread was put on light speed......it just came out of it's wormhole!

But the question now remains......is it "now" or "a few months back"?

Are we here or there?

Are we traveling at light speed right now?

Where did I put my can of Copenhagen?

and finally, would an ice cold beer maintain it's cold temp. while traveling at light speed...or heat up rather quickly?

What if I could drink said ice cold beer at light speed?

Oh my......y'all done went and got me thinkin'........never a good thing!

:blink:

FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT:

The speed at which Calico can add a job to "The List" after I cross one off.....

eGG

There was just an article in the newsrag here that a whole bunch of scientists dispute that experiment. It turns out it was "suspect" from the very start. I threw the paper away but you can google this and I'm sure it'll come up.^_^ Rye

There was just an article in the newsrag here that a whole bunch of scientists dispute that experiment. It turns out it was "suspect" from the very start. I threw the paper away but you can google this and I'm sure it'll come up.^_^ Rye

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1110/1110.3763.pdf

When it was first announced I was kind of skeptical and said that I wanted to see it confirmed. Confirmation by the original team that announced it I have trouble accepting. Show me two or three other teams coming up with the same thing and I'll start believing it.

http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1110/1110.3763.pdf

When it was first announced I was kind of skeptical and said that I wanted to see it confirmed. Confirmation by the original team that announced it I have trouble accepting. Show me two or three other teams coming up with the same thing and I'll start believing it.

Yer on to something there. There is still much skepticism in the scientific community according to a physicist interviewed on NPR. He said there are many variables that can affect the test, so it really needs to be duplicated several times before it can be verified. He's not discounting that's it's possible, but the second test can't be considered proof.

Maybe the particle did not go faster than the speed of light. Maybe the particle traveling at approximatley the speed of light created a black hole and jumped ahead in time just enough to make it seem like it was going faster than the speed of light.

No no no.....This thread was put on light speed......it just came out of it's wormhole!

But the question now remains......is it "now" or "a few months back"?

Are we here or there?

Are we traveling at light speed right now?

Where did I put my can of Copenhagen?

and finally, would an ice cold beer maintain it's cold temp. while traveling at light speed...or heat up rather quickly?

What if I could drink said ice cold beer at light speed?

Oh my......y'all done went and got me thinkin'........never a good thing!

:blink:

gosh, that is deep.. lol... the cold beer part.. lol

How long does it take to dig half a hole?

Half as much time as to dig a whole hole, and half again as much time as to dig no hole.. and the same amount of time as to fill it back in? lol

FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT:

The speed at which Calico can add a job to "The List" after I cross one off.....

eGG

Darn she is good.. I end up having to help on every job I think up, or do it myself.. lol.. So I now use invisable ink.. lol

Archived