SASS Wire Forum

Cap and ball revolver penetration test

Pulp, SASS#28319

You have just scientifically proved that "Bigger IS better".

Yup, but can you imagine totin' a Walker as your concealed carry piece?

Also proved that a .31 is probably not the best choice of weapon if you're in a gunfight! Although I still wouldn't want to play "catch the bullet" with one. :lol:

Yeah, but note the dropped lever after one shot. However, if you didn't scare the perp with the size of the gun, I suppose you could club the s**t out him! :lol:

If I was depending on a Walker for self-defense I would remove the loading lever after loading.

great video, now we know to be sure to not hit the coke bottle in the criminals hand or it might stop the bullet. :lol:

I always wondered about how the pocket pistol would impact and know I know. Wish you'd done an 1860 army in 44.

Next on my list of things to do.

Actually, even though the .31 didn't look all that impressive, I'm thinkin' it would still smart a bit. I have shot mine through at an hold sheet iron barn door, it went through the sheet iron and a 1X6 behind the sheet iron.

Next on my list of things to do.

Actually, even though the .31 didn't look all that impressive, I'm thinkin' it would still smart a bit. I have shot mine through at an hold sheet iron barn door, it went through the sheet iron and a 1X6 behind the sheet iron.

I got hit with some splash-back right in the gut a couple of weeks ago. Didn't break the skin, but damn, that smarts. I think a .31 would certainly get someone's attention. :o

I got hit with some splash-back right in the gut a couple of weeks ago. Didn't break the skin, but damn, that smarts. I think a .31 would certainly get someone's attention. :o

Better than a pocket knife but not as good as a .32 :)

Joe, you're probably right, as long as the bullet slipped 'twixt a couple of ribs. Not sure it would go through the coat, vest and a rib.

But now ya got me to thinking. My daughter-in-law lost three cows last year to lightning. Plenty of bones layin' around to do some testing with. I know old dry bone and living bone are not the same, but who cares? I'm just doin' this for fun anyway.

Joe, you're probably right, as long as the bullet slipped 'twixt a couple of ribs. Not sure it would go through the coat, vest and a rib.

But now ya got me to thinking. My daughter-in-law lost three cows last year to lightning. Plenty of bones layin' around to do some testing with. I know old dry bone and living bone are not the same, but who cares? I'm just doin' this for fun anyway.

Get a cheap rack of ribs. Then after you shoot it, just trim off around the hole and cook 'em up.

Archived