SASS Wire Forum

Rant Thread...

Deja Vous

We have had a drivel thread but I thought this was long over due... so... the rant of the day is.. 1873 and HOT brass.. lol.. NEXT.. lol

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rant? No, all in all things are good. Oh, there are things that may not be as I'd like them, but that's life, ya gotta live it.

OK, well, here's a rant for ya....why haven't I won the lottery so I can retire and buy an RV and travel around the country shooting and meeting fine cowboys and cowgirls?? Huh? Why?

Rant? No, all in all things are good. Oh, there are things that may not be as I'd like them, but that's life, ya gotta live it.

OK, well, here's a rant for ya....why haven't I won the lottery so I can retire and buy an RV and travel around the country shooting and meeting fine cowboys and cowgirls?? Huh? Why?

Okay Grizzes... thanks for joining in on the Weekly RANt ... loll. I would like to add my Cousin,.. cuz are you there?? lol.. Gave me a water pistol... without instructions... tonight I thought it might be fun to load it up and try to water my rose plant in a pot with it.. lol.. The only time water really came out of it was when I aimed it at my face.. lol.. Now ya gotta know that is a rant.. defective water pistols...

Well my rant about 1873's is that recently I was trying to shoot up a bunch of mystery .38 WCF ammo to salvage the brass for reloading. One of the rounds exceeded the overall cartridge length and locked up the action. I pulled the magazine tube loose and while working hard to get the end cap off it finally let loose. I found all the parts except the magazine spring which disappeared into the brush never to be found. :(

My rant about hot brass is that I wasn't there to pick yours up in time to prevent those nasty burns!! :blush:

Rant? AH! :angry: Don't get me started!

Oh. You did, already.

OK:

Why is it you have ta live in a place that has disasters? In the South, you have hurricanes. In the North, you have bone-chilling winters. In the Midwest, you have tornadoes. In the Southwest, you have earthquakes.... :mellow:

What we need is a place with a good climate, good people, yet no real problems with fire ants, killer bees, natural disasters, er none of that. :blink:

Ah! But then I'd probably go to sleep and miss half of it!

AJ

We have had a drivel thread but I thought this was long over due... so... the rant of the day is.. 1873 and HOT brass.. lol.. NEXT.. lol

It is important to wear a hat when shooting any top eject rifle (for male or female :blush: shooters ), the results can be, well, hot :P !

What we need is a place with a good climate, good people, yet no real problems with fire ants, killer bees, natural disasters, er none of that. :blink:

The Pacific Northwest, the dry part...

Why can't I go alligator hunting. :o

Badger Mountain, you can, just come on down, I have them in the canal behind our house quite often.:blink:

Just don't wear a shirt or corset or anything. The brass won't get stuck anywhere.

RANT MODE BUTTON ON!

No gators in WA?

I got the same rant as Grizz...why haven't I won the lottery so I can live in the manner to which I wish to become accustomed?

Deja Vous, if I remember right from the Saturday Night shoot...You didn't have anything to worry about...Like I told about your other problem...Same web site might help there too...Oh I'm bad boy tonight...Back over to the classified side...

Texas Lizard

Deja Vous, if I remember right from the Saturday Night shoot...You didn't have anything to worry about...Like I told about your other problem...Same web site might help there too...Oh I'm bad boy tonight...Back over to the classified side...

Texas Lizard

Tl when have ya not been a bad boy?? lol... The shoot I had so much fun... and you know what... life is fun for me.. noting else matters except for fun, friends, family and funs.. or .. darn it make that guns.. lol

Well Grizz, the question begs a question: Do you PLAY the lottery? 'Cause ya cain't win iff'n ya don' play! Jus' my $.02 worth...

Slackwater

RANT MODE BUTTON ON!

'Cause, Badger, they ain't no gators up in this here territory!

Slackwater

Well my rant about 1873's is that recently I was trying to shoot up a bunch of mystery .38 WCF ammo to salvage the brass for reloading. One of the rounds exceeded the overall cartridge length and locked up the action. I pulled the magazine tube loose and while working hard to get the end cap off it finally let loose. I found all the parts except the magazine spring which disappeared into the brush never to be found. :(

My rant about hot brass is that I wasn't there to pick yours up in time to prevent those nasty burns!! :blush:

lol.. :Poor JJJ's he had to stand there with a timer and watch me bail brass out going :"sorry:" .. lol.. Geesh.. What a shoot... lol ah.. the snakes took it.. lol... i am sure of it... while you were drinking.. lol..

Rant? AH! :angry: Don't get me started!

Oh. You did, already.

OK:

Why is it you have ta live in a place that has disasters? In the South, you have hurricanes. In the North, you have bone-chilling winters. In the Midwest, you have tornadoes. In the Southwest, you have earthquakes.... :mellow:

Ah! But then I'd probably go to sleep and miss half of it!

AJ

Dear Aunt Jen my life is perfect.. all the bees are honey bees and they collect it in a jar for me.. my bullets are all stealth, earth quakes what are those?, and climate is perfect. 24/7... Everyone love me.. and my name is Dorothy.. I live in OZ.. and I do own the Ruby Red Slippers.. lol..

It is important to wear a hat when shooting any top eject rifle (for male or female :blush: shooters ), the results can be, well, hot :P !

I have two choices here.. either shop for a MUCH bigger hat .. or never borrow a gun again from SMILING men.. lol... Duh.. lol...

RANT MODE BUTTON ON!

You can.. but there is a price to pay,,. lol

Klondike,

Ya gots ta be MORE Specific for us inexperienced shooters!

Had a high wind come up a few stages into a monthly and switched from a Gus hat to a Kepi hat in order to have shade for the front of the face and eyes. Lo and behold, my '73 began shucking hot shells down my back collar :o .

Darned hard to hold concentration - but I can't even imagine the female shock and awe that might inspire going down the tender front side!!! :o:lol:

So now I need to get a Marlin for really windy days??? OOOOH an excuse for another gun!!! :P

Harvey

PS, Count me in on the Lottery Rant - it just AIN'T FAIR!!! :angry:

DV

aw....it waz just a flesh wound...and in case you never have noticed my signature, well here it is again and it sums it up:

SCARS ARE TATOOS WITH BETTER STORIES..

so now you have yer "story"...

curley

Why can't there be more wimmenz that tote gunz and smoke ceegars!!!!!! :angry:

(Rant mode off)

Oooooooh she's gonna git me fer dis!!

:ph34r:

:D

How come everything I'd like to do is either not legal, not moral, (in someone's opinion) or fattening??

How come everything I want to do costs money??

Why wasn't I born wealthy??

Just why is it that I can't shoot every weekend??

Why did the Wild Bunch outlaw Marlin shotguns??

Why ain't there a S.A.S.S. club in my back yard that all my cowboy friends show up to every weekend??

(How am I doin' so far??) :angry::lol::lol::lol:

Guest Kid Sopris, Regulator, #3290

I don't have a specific issue with 1873's, wish I could afford more. Having said that I would like to discuss, on a more serious note, the problem of "Suicidal Insects".

It happens everywhere I Iravel . Insects from all walks of live find it necessary to throw, hurl or dispose themselves on to my windshield, grill, radiator and other parts of my vehicle, thus depositing their life's work upon my vehicle, requiring endless hours of detail work to remove the unsightly messes.

I often thought of attaching a Electric Zapper to a Cattle Guard/ Insect Guard to the extended front end of my vehicle. Operating like a force field to destroy these invaders before they have a chance to attach themselves to my investment. Maybe even encompassing a headsup display on the vehicle windshield to pinpoint specific targets and then engage them with a trigger mechanism similar to that of a Single Action Army or to stay on topic, that of a 1873.

Kid ( who has too much free time) Sopris :wacko::blink:

Okay I'll join the RANT! Some anti-gun Democrat from Ohio has introduced a bill that would make ALL firearm purchases go through an FFL. That means private transactions between family and friends! :angry: :angry: :angry: I just emailed my state senator and house rep and told them this will only affect LAW ABIDING CITIZENS!!! What don't they understand about that? Criminals don't care about laws! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Rye

Hello Birdgun,

I, too, would like to see a Baptist Category. That way, after each shoot, the Baptists will stick around praying that they beat each other and I can get to the lunch line ahead of them.

Shakey (who says grace while running to the food) Merlot

Hello Birdgun,

I, too, would like to see a Baptist Category. That way, after each shoot, the Baptists will stick around praying that they beat each other and I can get to the lunch line ahead of them.

Shakey (who says grace while running to the food) Merlot

Shakey, you don't know Baptists very well. One of the hallmarks of a Baptist is the enjoyment of 'bellyship.' You see others may have 'fellowship' where they enjoy spending time with each other, but with Baptists there is a meal involved.

Well, we could never have an Episcopal Category. They would never let wine be served on the range, and the shooter would spend so much time in animated conversation with the RO that they would never shoot the stage. :unsure:

Over at St. John's they even announce that we will have a FELLOWSHIP HOUR, after the Sunday service. Gabby bunch we are.

Archived