SASS Wire Forum

Georgia State Championship

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Check rit, application all done and dropped in a special Pony Express envelope. Sure hope the rider gets here in the mornin and makes it there afore shootin time starts!!

DD,

If you are bringing a tent there is plenty of room plus there is a shower real close by.

If you have a camper you best get in touch with Done Gone he may be able to squeeze you in.

We still have room for a few more shooters!!!!

There is NO CHARGE for camping.

DD,

If you are bringing a tent there is plenty of room plus there is a shower real close by.

If you have a camper you best get in touch with Done Gone he may be able to squeeze you in.

We still have room for a few more shooters!!!!

There is NO CHARGE for camping.

Hey Judge! You oughta' be gettin' that little package I sent you. If you didn't, let me know! See y'all next week!!

WOOO HOOO! Got my confirmation this mornin'!!! See y'all next week!!! :FlagAm::D

Hope I'm not too late - I plan to get the application in the mail tomorrow

Finally have the scheduling worked out, I think.

Do the motels still have rooms?

Thanks

Big Boyd

Big Boyd--if you can't get a motel room, send me a PM.

Cassalong Hopidy

I'm in the process of getting a hotel lined up. I've seen that MRD said to stay on the Cumming-Dawsonville side because the banquet will be in Cumming. Is it accurate that the hotels are 40-45 minutes from the range? Which town that has a hotel(s) is closest to the range? Fancy is not required. If the answer is posted here, please also send me a PM just to be sure I get the information as quickly as possible if you don't mind.

Thanks!

Buck

I double checked with Done Gone. It is about 1/2 hour from the club to Canton, Dawsonville or Cumming. I personally chose Cumming because it is only 5 minutes to the banquet facility. It is about 15 from Dawsonville and 45+ from Canton. These times are all from the town to the banquet, not counting range to hotel to clean up for banquet. Fast Eddie and I are staying at the Holiday Inn Express so we can understand the stages. Tried to leave PM, but would not accept message.

Looking forward to seeing you at the shoot

McKenzie

Buck

I double checked with Done Gone. It is about 1/2 hour from the club to Canton, Dawsonville or Cumming. I personally chose Cumming because it is only 5 minutes to the banquet facility. It is about 15 from Dawsonville and 45+ from Canton. These times are all from the town to the banquet, not counting range to hotel to clean up for banquet. Fast Eddie and I are staying at the Holiday Inn Express so we can understand the stages. Tried to leave PM, but would not accept message.

Looking forward to seeing you at the shoot

McKenzie

But will they leave the light on for you so you can READ the stages?

Like a lot of shooting ranges, there are no "close hotels."

The ones in Dawsonville and Cumming are about 1/2 hour away. The ones in Canton are about 5 minutes closer.

Sometimes the traffic is a little heaver on the East side.It is nice to stay near where the banquet is and likely the majority of folks will be staying there so that is nice as well.

But it takes us about an hour longer to get to the east side, unless traffic is bad, then it takes longer. So we are staying near Canton this time. We figure we will only go to the banquet once, but to the range several times. From the Canton motel to Cumming is about 1/2 hour trip. Going from the range, to Canton, then Cumming will be probably 50 minutes.

So for folks on the East side of Atlanta, Cumming area is definitely better. From the West, it is up to you, but we are trying Canton this time.

Thanks Rolan. So, I assume it's 6 stages and is a Pig Iron start (somewhere around 9 a.m. and in any order)?

Rufus

Good one Rufus...You made me laugh. For those of us old enough to remember - same bat time - same bat channel. To paraphrase Yank Machain, I'm coming and I'm bringing Pig Iron with me. See you there and we will test out our new sound system, I can't wait for that... Witch Doctor

They're running out of rooms at the Comfort Inn in Dawsonville, so get your reservations in soon, if'n you're staying there!

Hi-Yo & Awaaaaaayy,

TMM

For us low budget folks there are still rooms at the Super 8 in Dawsonville, I booked one yesterday.

Matt, I think I know where your marbles are. Check your nose.

Still no takers on bringing your git-fiddles? I don't think y'all wanna hear me and Matt singing.....or him pickin'. We would wind up BEING the campfire.

I know, let's have a spelling contest. (I've always wanted to say that!)

Rufus

We wouldn't do that. You might get dancin lessons though.

We wouldn't do that. You might get dancin lessons though.

Now, THAT would make for a good laugh, watching me try to dance. :wacko::blink:

(See, I told y'all I was the one providing the comedy relief!)

I heard from Witch Doctor this evening that the range has not been damaged by the weather. Good news for sure.

See ya all next week

McKenzie

Leaving in the morning. Going to spend a few days in the area before the shoot. Can`t wait to get there. See you soon.

Briscoe

PLEASE!!!!! try to save a little strength for the match Briscoe. What with spending time up in the cabins with that nice lady and all you better pace yourself!!!!!! :o:P:lol:

Leaving in the morning. Going to spend a few days in the area before the shoot. Can`t wait to get there. See you soon.

Briscoe

You may already know this Briscoe, but the Macon Cowboys' monthly match is Sunday. In case you're in the area and want to get in a match? t

Who all will be shooting through with the workers on Wednesday? I'll be there so I can make my Dad's Memorial service.

Captain Bill, if you're free, why don't you come and help the workers shoot by running the timer, counting misses etc...

I'll be teaching Monday thru Thursday then playing hookie on Friday. I don't know that I would be able to get there soon enough any of those afternoons to do any good. What time will the shooting through occur on Wednesday?

We'll be starting at 9:00 AM.

I doubt I can take two whole days off in one week. The local marshal, (read Principal) would get a tad bit testy. And even worse, the natives (read children) would definitely get restless, might even start an uprising. Next week is when they go through one of our rites of passage into adulthood, otherwise known as the Georgia High School End of Course Tests. Tensions will be running high and trigger, I mean pencil, fingers will be itchy. All the local deputies will be on high alert.

So, long story short, I would rather be at the range, much safer, but won't be able to make it, sorry.

Archived