SASS Wire Forum

Just once I'd like to see...

Grizzly Dave

The song is not torture. It is tough to sing because of the range, but not that tough. If three little girls can sing it right, why the heck can't trained professionals do likewise?

Not only was it one of the worst renditions of our national anthem that I've ever heard, she screwed up the words. She's no Whitney Huston, that's for sure.

I knjow the producers want these pop stars to draw their preferred younger demographic, but this was,IMHO, disgraceful.

She should have been booed off the stage.

All they need is a military band and the people can sing it themselves. Like they did at that hockey game wqhen the little girl couldn't remember the lyrics.

I figured it out, all the "stars" try to showcase their "talent" singing the anthem. Doing so, they are making themselves more important than the song.

Sing a cover of a Johnny Cash song, fine, make it your own, our National Anthem is more important than that, sing it as it is meant to be sung.

JMO, YMMV

Grizz

The song is not torture. It is tough to sing because of the range, but not that tough. If three little girls can sing it right, why the heck can't trained professionals do likewise?

Sadly, most of the "professionals" nowdays aren't "trained" at all, or are trained to sing CRAP!

I bet Susan Boyle could do it very well! And she's a Brit!

JHC :angry:

I've got a Youtube version stashed here somewhere's that just makes my hair stand on end and causes me to get all fogy when I hear it. It was done over Memorial weekend by two trumpet proffessionals from the Twin Cities area at a Twins game. Just excellent, and although not exactly a straight chart, very good sounding. I'll see if I can get the URL and put it up. Might help wash the bad sound from our ears........Buck :blush:

Got it, now let's see if I can get it to work on this new board......

Well , I see I haven't got this down yet.Here's the URL.....www.youtube.com/watch?v=f48F5i3cdTc

Not traditional but very very nice!

My high school choir sang the national anthem my senior year. I recognize that I am biased, but I have had more than one person who has heard my recording of it say it is top notch, and they had never heard it performed by a choir. I second having a military vocal ensemble perform it.

Someone sing the National Anthem as it was written.

Guess I'm just a crotchety old man.

Grizz

Me too!!!

It always amazes me what garbage passes for talent. And the producers seem to think it is ok to trash our National Anthem with these hack job "entertainers"

Sad, just sad.

BTW the half time show was actually pretty entertaining, once you turned the sound off, set a 20 minute alarm, put on a jacket and Oh Yeah went outside to brush and feed the horses! :lol::lol:

And here I thought black eyed peas were just for dinner! :blink:

Regards

:FlagAm::FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Unlike this broadcast, most of those who sang the anthem before the World Series games did a marvelous job. I remember the ones sung by a soldier in uniform and Tony Bennett were outstanding. And regardless of alleged difficulty with the range of the music, there's no excuse for a professional entertainer to blow their lines.

Here's part of what she sang: "...What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last reaming..."

Bring back the Boss. Now that was a good HT show!

I'm just sayin'

Waimea

:FlagAm:

Somebody said that counting the wrinkles on the old rockers' faces was more entertaining than the Black Eyed Peas. :lol::lol:

I couldn't agree more. Bring back ZZ TOP or even The Who!!

Someone sing the National Anthem as it was written.

Guess I'm just a crotchety old man.

Grizz

Absolutely YES!!!!

..... on both counts there Grizz. :D

Archived