SASS Wire Forum

Why can people not stay on topic?

Blastmaster

Montana, first I think I would need to explain that I hold a pretrib, premillennial, seven dispansation eschatology view. ^_^

Eschatology. Now wouldn't that make for a great topic on this thread! :wacko:

Holding up all of that BQ...dunt it get kinda heavy? I like yer spelling too, looks like mine. :)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sumtin leik that Allie..I never went ta skool tt a lern them things ^_^

Piks Mike...we wanna sea yer beard...... :wacko:

Montana I'm not complaning. Just seem like a good post like this would have more responce. Yea right. My beard is not even close to Jack Elam's. MCM

I shot some golf once. Hard to clean and no matter how long you cook'em they is TOUGH.

Olen(been teed off but never teed up)Rugged ^_^

They are far to easy to catch and hard to skin..lol

Sumtin leik that Allie..I never went ta skool tt a lern them things ^_^

Piks Mike...we wanna sea yer beard...... :wacko:

He's too young to have a beard Cousin Slickee... Can't you see that? He ain't like us, we all have beards at birth.. .lol

He's too young to have a beard Cousin Slickee... Can't you see that? He ain't like us, we all have beards at birth.. .lol

Cuzzin Deja..I bet he still has peach fuzz fer a beard.....Me n'Jack rest his soul..have the best beards.

Tom fer Prez..Hasta be a dem tho. ^_^

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875
Desacrating flags was well underway almost a half century ago, about two generations. It is certainly a swing away from The Espionage Act of 1917 and the Sedition Act of 1918 which placed more importance on the state than the freedom of expression. That was another two generations earlier. And two generations before that the American flag was replaced in many states all together. During that period, war protests included lynching blacks in New York.

I suspect most generations have their own challenges to overcome and having overcome them, they are surprised that the following generation does not clearly see it's own challenges.

What sane man of the 1860s did not think he lived in the worst of times. What sane man of 1919 did not think a world war and a massive death count from disease did not herald the worst of times. What sane man of the early 1940s did not think it was the worst of times.

There are serious issues today. There are challenges. The next generation will have to earn the right to see their next generation as near sighted.

Very Best Regards,

BJT

BJT Pard,

Desecration is a great word to use. It applies. It "is the act of depriving something of its sacred character, or the disrespectful or contemptuous treatment of that which is held to be sacred or holy by a group or individual."

The Sedition Act of 1918 applied only to times "when the United States is in war." That's why it was repealed in 1920. I disagree that it, as you said, "placed more importance on the state than the freedom of expression." It served the purpose of regulating speech in the same way as stopping a crazed individual from yelling fire in a theater. It served to place more importance on the State and welfare of the American people, than on those who use and abuse the law by sayiing that they are just excersising their right of freedom of expression .... when in actuality they're inciting sedition in time of war.

In 1942, FDR used Sedition Act of 1918 as a model when he established the Office of War Information (OWI). It did ALL of the same things and much much more. Besides controlling the Newsreels, Newpapers, Weeklys and Dailys, Radio broadcasts, it even regulated Film content by having say so on Script content. The OWI did this by having Government Censors and Monitors physically located in Newspapers, Movie Studios and Radio Stations.

It was a classic case of Freedom Of Expression being regulated to protect the State, its people, and to keep up the morale of our troops and the citizenry.

You're right that the American Flag was not flown in many parts of the South after the Recontruction Period. The South also didn't celebrate the 4th of July until the Spanish-American War when our troops were again called into harm's way. And Pard, it wasn't only Blacks who were lynched during that time although there are some that would love to make today's America think so. Read about the treatment of Northern troops in the South during that generation both during and after the war. It was horrible.

As for what the sane man thought? While you see the glass half empty, I see it half full.

The sane man in the 1860s saw our nation torn in half, but he also saw a race of people set free. The sane man of 1919 saw the World at War but also saw the defeat of evil and the attempted enslavement of their nieghbors stopped in their tracks. The sane man in the 1940s was back to work, able again to provide for his family, enjoying the fruits of his labor after years of economic depression and dispair. That generation enabled America to become "The Arsenal of Democracy", shut down a Paper Hanger's dream of world domination, and started feeding the world.

As for the question as to whether or not the next generation will step up to the plate, well only history will tell that. I can only hope so.

I can only hope so in the same way that I hope the next generation will challenge its Teachers who refuse to teach about the glory of our heritage and significance of the symbols of our Nation ... which includes Our Flag.

Semper Fi!

^_^

It's a little after 3:30 in the morning here and I went to bed last night at 9:30 p.m. Now since 2:00 a.m. I've been wide awake and can't get back to sleep. Third night this week I've woke up around 2:00 a.m. and can't get back to sleep! ^_^ Finally I got aggrevated and came here to see what's being talked about and hopefully get sleepy again. So far, it not working. :wacko:

It's a little after 3:30 in the morning here and I went to bed last night at 9:30 p.m. Now since 2:00 a.m. I've been wide awake and can't get back to sleep. Third night this week I've woke up around 2:00 a.m. and can't get back to sleep! ^_^ Finally I got aggrevated and came here to see what's being talked about and hopefully get sleepy again. So far, it not working. :wacko:

Problem due to aging? Seems to be a lot of that going around.

...and the topic of the day is...??

GG ~ :wacko:

The topic today is my new avatar!!! Enuff smoke? ^_^

Cuzzin Deja..I bet he still has peach fuzz fer a beard.....Me n'Jack rest his soul..have the best beards.

Tom fer Prez..Hasta be a dem tho. ^_^

You don't like my beard?? lol... Has to be a DEM??? huh??? I think we should just try four years without a prez and see how it goes.. lol

The topic today is my new avatar!!! Enuff smoke? ^_^

Could you maybe photo shop it a bit darker and then add a scratch and sniff to it? lol

The word for discussion today is:

"shiitake"

The question for today is...

Olen ^_^

Shi i take... Okay... She, uh, takes everything thats not glued to the bar top...

Hows that?

Sorry you can't sleep... Have you tried counting sheep? I have gotten to 2,000 and then the sheep fell asleep.

Holding up all of that BQ...dunt it get kinda heavy? I like yer spelling too, looks like mine. :)

Oh darn Montana. My spelling is bad. ^_^ When I wrote dispansation, I left out the h. What I meant to convey is that I'm a seven dishpansationalist! :wacko:

Now to the premillennialism, postmillennialism, and amillennialism. I was talking over the relative merits of each view with my Baptist preacher cousin and he told me his view was "panmillenialism." I asked, "What's panmillenialism?" He said, it's the view that however God has decided to do it...it'll all pan out! :wub:

This is getting Sooo hippopotomonstrosesquipedalian!!

Ever notice that the longer folks talk, the longer and more poorly understood the words get?

For myself, I prefer a good blond joke;

(or a bad Blond (bleached blond is ok, former blond is ok, blond wantabe is ok) ^_^

fdd

:wacko:

...and when will we be back on topic? ^_^

Been a while since we have shot golf.

Did it quite a bit for a while, but seems like it has been a couple of year or better now.

Sure did plow up the ground with all the shotgun blasts.

Shooting them off the tall tee with a rifle was fun.

Chaos

The What If Gang is here!!!

On the way home I always think ^_^

If I had shot that stage clean... I might have won...

If I hadn't got that there "P".... I might have won...

If I had of picked up my rifle quickly and not dropped my six shooter... I might have won...

If I hadn't fumble my shotgun reload.... I might have won..

If I had got that ol' bonus target I might have won....

Dagnab it.. I never win... :)

But what If? :wub:

Rance :wacko:

Justa thinkin'

The What If Gang is here!!!

On the way home I always think ^_^

If I had shot that stage clean... I might have won...

If I hadn't got that there "P".... I might have won...

If I had of picked up my rifle quickly and not dropped my six shooter... I might have won...

If I hadn't fumble my shotgun reload.... I might have won..

If I had got that ol' bonus target I might have won....

Dagnab it.. I never win... :)

But what If? :wub:

Rance :wacko:

Justa thinkin'

Rance, I'm with you in the What If Gang. And I've got the scoresheets to prove it!

only six days till Prince of Pistoleers and 26 days till Hell on Wheels

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Rance, I'm with you in the What If Gang. And I've got the scoresheets to prove it!

Hi Birdgun...

Couple weekends ago I was thinkin' ^_^ ..."What if I had kept my body filled with fluids"... What if? :wacko: Might not have had so many misses and maybe wouldn't have got a "P".... :wub: naw... probably not.

Rance :)

Justa thinkin'

Two questions:

1) What are your plans for the weekend?

2) When do you think that this thread will overtake the "Hey Dammits" thread for posts?

EC

Blastmaster....

64 pages ago you asked a question... :wub:

I went back and reread it... :)

It seems to me that Gun "A" of calibur "X" would be too hot of a load to shoot in our sport...

And to be fair of your question Gun "B" of calibur "Y" is a sissy load.. I believe he should go with Gun "A" and shoot

calibur "Z".. it seems like an appropriate round for that gun...

Hope I answered all yer questions... :wacko: sorry for the delay....

Now back to the important stuff on this ol' thread!!!!

Gonna rain?

Rance ^_^

Ther I go thinkin' agin'

Archived