SASS Wire Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The Cabelas store brand for clothes used to be pretty good. Now that Bass Hole has taken over, that Redhead brand is the store brand. The quality control sucks. I only go there for a few small items that I have a hard time finding anywhere else.
  3. I work in a really secure facility. I'm not worried about 99% of the people I work with. The other 1% I avoid at all costs. Since the incident happened after work and off premises, I will change my habits to do my best at avoiding the situation my co worker found herself in. For me, that's the best solution right now. I presented this as a caution to others. Unfortunately, things like this are happening and we need to be aware and able to avoid them if we can, protect or defend ourselves if we can't.
  4. There goes Yul's chance to run for Governor. Rex
  5. That's okay, some of these folks drink after shave lotion, vanilla extract, brake fluid, or anti freeze. It all comes out alright. Usually.
  6. If you are a SASS member, let me know your SASS # by PM and I'll update your profile for you. Until then, I'm sorry but non-SASS members cannot post ads. Eli
  7. Twas brillig and the slivey dodes did gyr and gimble in the wabe.
  8. I have carried a gun on me when I wasn't supposed to on many occasions. Would you rather lose your job or your life?
  9. You need to check out http://www.americanlongrifles.org/forum/ If I were going to start with a pistol I'd get a Chambers kit: http://www.flintlocks.com/pistols.htm Jim is a master builder and one of the most respected in the flintlock world. Call and talk to them, you'll likely get his daughter, Barbie, who is very knowledgeable and helpful. You could start with a Kibler kit as well, VERY easy to put together: https://kiblerslongrifles.com/collections/rifle-kits Jim is also a master builder and over the years has started making all CNC kits. For more challenges you can get kits from Pecatonia River, Log Cabin Shop and a few others. I'm building one now from a pre-carve that I had a guy in North Carolina inlet the barrel and shape the buttstock. Another master builder that doesn't sell kits at the moment is Mike Brooks, but he did create a great tutorial: http://americanlongrifles.org/PDF/tutorial.pdf
  10. In Southern, that's "Lawsa murcy".
  11. It's like Tennessee in July, it's HOT but they have some shade and covered stages so it ain't real bad. It is a PARTY!! Randy
  12. I built a Lyman flintlock pistol when they first came out. I threw the sights away but everything else was worthy of my time. I swapped it for a ready to run percussion ten years ago, but there was nothing wrong with the flinter except it didn't match my Great Plains rifle. Now both are .50 percussion and I haven't shot either one in many years. Guess I'll have to do that some weekend soon.
  13. The smiles and laughter make up for any kind of uncomfortable weather you might find at Ponderosa Pines. Anita and I would love for you to come to Black Gold and we're absolutely positive you would have a great time! Oh, don't forget... Southern ladies don't sweat...they glisten. But sometimes when it's real hot, they glisten like pigs.
  14. Is playing banjo a requirement for making moonshine?
  15. Moderators already deleted the lengthy "whole story" a couple of weeks ago. I would venture that neither side went to their corner satisfied. Rex ,
  16. I couldn't bring myself to own something like that simply because it'd be a constant reminder of the idiocy of our so-called leaders.
  17. just about the biggest waste of an hour and twenty minutes since the last (and only) episode of Oprah I ever watched almost 25 years ago. I was bedridden and couldn't get anyone to turn the TV off or change the channel. Not a true actor in the cast. The ship changes at least three times. The gold colored mouse handled broomers were ridiculous. I believe that Star Trek started out with left over costumes from this monstrocity. There were no "special effects" obvious. Glad I watched it, though. It makes me appreciate some of the drek and dross than I find now and again.
  18. I’d like to one day build a flintlock rifle, and thought a pistol kit would be a good way to test the waters. Doing internet searches, there are more manufacturers than I would have thought. Pedersoli, Traditions, Lyman, Track of the Wolf, and I’m sure there are others I haven’t thought of. Does anyone have experience with these kits? my priority would be to have a quality figured stock, and for the sight dovetails to be pre-cut. Other than that, I think I can handle it. As always, the Saloon’s help is much appreciated.
  19. The cylinder being locked up was the original problem. Upon disassembly is when I discovered the broken hand. The hammer/hand turns the cylinder just fine before I put the cylinder stop (or bolt) in. Then the cylinder stop will not disengage which is why I figure the hand was broken while trying for force it to move against the cylinder stop. The gun isn’t mine, I’m just working on it.
  20. I have a after market Marlin cresent butt stock with a forend taken off my wife's 1894 Cowboy put the stock parts back on it and sold it, very good condition no cracks or chips. asking $65.00 Shipped
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.