SASS Wire Forum

YOUR PREMIUM HAS BEEN REDUCED!!!!

Alpo

My car insurance, the last 4 years. Just the last two digits.

20 - 25

21 - 36

21 - 40

22 - 41

22 - 44

23 - 48

23 - 56

Now I have not filed a claim since 1993. I have not had a ticket since 1987. But as you can see every 6 months my insurance has gone up.

So I get a notice for my next 6 months policy - April 2024, and they are just so excited.

YOUR PREMIUM HAS BEEN REDUCED!!!!!!

It's come back down to 48. A year ago it was 48, 6 months ago it went up to 56, and now it's gone back down to 48.

Woooowwwwwww.

I guess it's better than going up to 62. But if they really wanted to reduce it they could have dropped it back down to the 25 it was 4 years ago.

• Like 1

Any and every time my premium goes "down", it's only because they lowered my coverages or raised my deductibles and hoped I didn't notice. That's why I always compare previous coverage amounts with the new coverage amounts.

Ah! Do you have Bass Pro Insurance?

Or perhaps “1984” insurance sponsored by G. Orwell Inc, Underwriters

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

My car insurance, the last 4 years. Just the last two digits.

20 - 25

21 - 36

21 - 40

22 - 41

22 - 44

23 - 48

23 - 56

Now I have not filed a claim since 1993. I have not had a ticket since 1987. But as you can see every 6 months my insurance has gone up.

So I get a notice for my next 6 months policy - April 2024, and they are just so excited.

YOUR PREMIUM HAS BEEN REDUCED!!!!!!

It's come back down to 48. A year ago it was 48, 6 months ago it went up to 56, and now it's gone back down to 48.

Woooowwwwwww.

I guess it's better than going up to 62. But if they really wanted to reduce it they could have dropped it back down to the 25 it was 4 years ago.

My wife and I are both retired and I keep meticulous records of fuel purchases/odometer readings.  From Jan. 1st to June 30th last year for the limited mileage driven, it's costing us $4.61 per mile just for the insurance premium coverage......I complained and asked if there were not a category for those of us who have very minimal travel and was told that I had the best rate available for multi-vehicle, multi-policy coverage.......Guess we have to pay for all of those who have flood and accident claims.......

• Thanks 1

My insurance company has a program were they attach some kind of doohickey to your car, and that allows them to keep track of how far you drive and where you drive. The theory being that if you don't drive very far or if you don't drive it to dangerous areas, there's less risk of your car being damaged or stolen, so they can make your premium less.

But I don't want my insurance company, or the government, or my next door neighbor, or anybody else knowing how far I drive and where I go. So I have opted not to sign up for that program, and I have to pay more.

Kind of sucks.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Alpo said:

My insurance company has a program were they attach some kind of doohickey to your car, and that allows them to keep track of how far you drive and where you drive. The theory being that if you don't drive very far or if you don't drive it to dangerous areas, there's less risk of your car being damaged or stolen, so they can make your premium less.

But I don't want my insurance company, or the government, or my next door neighbor, or anybody else knowing how far I drive and where I go. So I have opted not to sign up for that program, and I have to pay more.

Kind of sucks.

Scroom!  Great call.

20 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Kind of sucks.

That device they put in your vehicle does a lot more than just the things you've said. It also tracks your speed (knows if you're driving over the limit via gps), braking habits (late braking, heavy braking), acceleration (heavy on the gas when traveling, jackrabbit starts), idling habits while stopped, times of all travel, tracks your exact location at all times and various other types of data that I would consider intrusive overreach. It could also be used against you (or for you) in the event of a claim or incident.

No way that I would sign up for it. Big brother at it's finest.

Edited by Cypress Sun
  • Like 3

The problem is $60-80,000 isn’t an uncommon price for cars anymore. A minor fender bender repair now starts at $3,000. 

My car is 20 years old, but I still have to pay for all those new cars - and the lawsuits from those s**tbird ambulance chasers. “We get the big money for YOU!”

• Thanks 1

Time to shop around Alpo.

For example, I'm not driving my motor home too much anymore, so I'm going to look at an insurance the CAA has here in Canada, (Our version of your AAA)

Apparently, under it, you can buy insurance in 1000KM increments. No idea yet of the cost, details or limitations.

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474

ive never filed a claim , ive never had a ticket , ive been a loyal customer year in and out , they never reduce they only increase your rates 

• Like 1

Its not just car insurance, home insurance is getting ridiculously high. I personally know 3 people that no longer have house insurance cause they can't afford it. In Florida many insurances drop you, or won't insure your home if over 30 years old. Next door neighbor is paying 4850.00 a year on a 340,000.00 home with all kind of stipulations on it. We're wondering ourselves in 3 years when our home is 30 years old if our insurance will drop us, or double our present rate of 1500.00 a year.

27 minutes ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

Its not just car insurance, home insurance is getting ridiculously high. I personally know 3 people that no longer have house insurance cause they can't afford it. In Florida many insurances drop you, or won't insure your home if over 30 years old. Next door neighbor is paying 4850.00 a year on a 340,000.00 home with all kind of stipulations on it. We're wondering ourselves in 3 years when our home is 30 years old if our insurance will drop us, or double our present rate of 1500.00 a year.

Just wait...if you have Citizens Insurance, Citizens (thanks to the Florida Legislature) is forcing all Citizens policy holder to purchase Flood Insurance regardless of home elevation. Whether you're 2' high or 200' high, it doesn't matter, get flood or get dropped. 

Ours is so high now that without a substantial drop next year, we will not be able to afford it any longer.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Just wait...if you have Citizens Insurance, Citizens (thanks to the Florida Legislature) is forcing all Citizens policy holder to purchase Flood Insurance regardless of home elevation. Whether you're 2' high or 200' high, it doesn't matter, get flood or get dropped. 

Ours is so high now that without a substantial drop next year, we will not be able to afford it any longer.

Check out Kin insurance or Loggerhead insurance. Many in our subdivision are going and recommending them.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Considering that there has been about 20% inflation over the past 3 years, everything seems very expensive.    

I think it has also hit the ladies walking..Ya them....Cost of shoes maybe....

Texas Lizard