SASS Wire Forum

Pineapple and ice cream

Alpo

Anybody ever tried that?

Or is it strictly an Aussie thing?

22deacaeec7e48e455bea97ccef33f28.jpg

I like the recipe for making ice cream from the evaporated milk. But I never thought of dishing up a bowl of diced pineapple and putting ice cream on top.

A coworker, at a salad bar one time, made himself up a big bowl of pineapple pieces and chocolate pudding. He seemed to like it. Looked pretty disgusting to me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

Dairy Queen puts pineapple on the banana split, no complaints here

Just ask Tennessee Williams!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do not believe I have ever had a banana split, so them putting pineapple on one wouldn't call up a good memory. I also never had strawberries and cream.

Strawberries and whipped cream, yes, but strawberries and cream has always called to mind a bowl of strawberries with this white liquid on it,

Stawberries-and-Cream.jpg

as opposed to some strawberries with this white custardy-looking stuff on it.

strawberries-cream-mini-parfaits-recipe-

• Like 3

Pineapple on ice cream is not my favorite but it’s better than putting it on pizza!!!:angry:

• Like 2

Get you a large bowl and put 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream and cut a banana long ways and lay it beside it.  Cover one scoop with strawberries and the middle scoop with chocolate and the third scoop with pineapple and some nuts on top and enjoy .  

later take a cereal bowl out a few cut up strawberries and sprinkle sugar if you want and some whole milk and enjoy.  

we used to take the dehydrated strawberries in our rations and the packet of coffee creamer and mix the two with enough water to constitute and it was great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

we used to take the dehydrated strawberries in our rations

That reminds me. Late 70s? A dry cereal - Kellogg's corn flakes? - came with freeze dried strawberries mixed with it. You pour on the milk, which reconstituted the strawberries, and you had fresh strawberries with your corn flakes.

Theoretically.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Pineapple makes many things taste better ............

............... pizza for instance.   -_-

I bet you put ketchup on hotdogs too! Ya oughta be ashamed of yourself!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Vanilla ice cream with almost any non-citrus fruit is pretty good.

Re Banana Splits

Classic is a split Banana laid in the dish with a scoop of vanilla topped with pineapple sauce,  a scoop of chocolate with chocolate syrup,  and a scoop of strawberry topped with strawberry compote or jam.  Whipped cream overall,  maybe some chopped peanuts and a cherry.

In my much younger days I'd order one and tell the person making it, "No vanilla,  chocolate,  or strawberry ice cream.   Also,  no, banana, bubble gum,  grape, or birthday cake ice cream.   Any toppings except the classics.  Go wild. "   I never had a bad one no matter how hard they tried. 

I haven't done that in 40 years or more. 

Edited by Subdeacon Joe
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

That reminds me. Late 70s? A dry cereal - Kellogg's corn flakes? - came with freeze dried strawberries mixed with it. You pour on the milk, which reconstituted the strawberries, and you had fresh strawberries with your corn flakes.

Theoretically.

Hmmm...

I thought that was Special K with the freeze dried berries...

LL

2 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

I do :P with onions :P so there! :P

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

I put ketchup on hot dogs too but pineapple on pizza is a hanging offense:P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Vanilla ice cream with almost any non-citrus fruit is pretty good.

Re Banana Splits

Classic is a split Banana laid in the dish with a scoop of vanilla topped with pineapple sauce,  a scoop of chocolate with chocolate syrup,  and a scoop of strawberry topped with strawberry compote or jam.  Whipped cream overall,  maybe some chopped peanuts and a cherry.

In my much younger days I'd order one and tell the person making it, "No vanilla,  chocolate,  or strawberry ice cream.   Also,  no, banana, bubble gum,  grape, or birthday cake ice cream.   Any toppings except the classics.  Go wild. "   I never had a bad one no matter how hard they tried. 

I haven't done that in 40 years or more. 

Try vanilla with lemon on it.  Chik fil an even makes a mixture of lemonade and vanilla ice cream and it’s excellent.  I put lemon pulp and lemon juice on it and it’s great

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

Try vanilla with lemon on it.  Chik fil an even makes a mixture of lemonade and vanilla ice cream and it’s excellent.  I put lemon pulp and lemon juice on it and it’s great

Hmmmm.....sort of like a melted lemon sherbet.....hmmmmmm

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

1 hour ago, Pat Riot said:

Ketchup and brown mustard and pickle relish.

Raspberry2.jpg.3099c6ea220af46d1845fa886f5fa90d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

7120200411-001.jpg

My Wife & I got this at the Dole Plantation on Oahu, we were young and coupon clipping during the trip -- 2-1 cones and 2-1 pineapple bowls --- tasted so good but kinda OD'd on the Pineapple for the day...LOL

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tooky Slim said:

ham, pineapple, and jalapeno... MMMM  MMMMMMMMMM Good!!!:D

On ice cream?

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Dr. Zook said:

My Wife & I got this at the Dole Plantation on Oahu, we were young and coupon clipping during the trip -- 2-1 cones and 2-1 pineapple bowls --- tasted so good but kinda OD'd on the Pineapple for the day...LOL

I was stationed at Schofield so there or Coffee gallery on North shore for a mocha freeze. The mango and raspberry whips are really good also.

11 hours ago, PowderRiverCowboy said:

I was stationed at Schofield so there or Coffee gallery on North shore for a mocha freeze. The mango and raspberry whips are really good also.

Have to remember that for our next trip - she loved the ice cream & shaved ice at Matsumoto's .

1 minute ago, Dr. Zook said:

Have to remember that for our next trip - she loved the ice cream & shaved ice at Matsumoto's .

That is Still there, International Market Place is no longer the way it was , Also instead of the long line Giovani's Shrimp truck in Haleiwa go to Hono's cheaper better and no line LOL 

• Like 2