SASS Wire Forum

45 Colt with SPP

Ok, I heard about these on the wire but today is my first encounter. By the way, Large pistol primers will not seat in these. 

To the hair brained idiot that thought this was a good idea, i have just one  thought and blessing. "MAY THE FLEAS OF A THOUSAND CAMELS INFEST YOUR ARMPITS!"

20240401_110615.jpg

Edited by Sixgun Seamus
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 1

Hey Seamus -- Did you try hammering them in??:D

If it is only a small number of cases, I would pitch 'em in the recycle bin, and just keep the LPP cases.

See you at Tusco next weekend

--Dawg

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Hey Seamus -- Did you try hammering them in??:D

Yea, but it made a real loud bang and now my ears are ringing:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think OLG is correct. And SPP is in every store in town. LPP are not to be found except on rare occasions. LRP? As rare as four-leaf clovers in the Sonoran Desert.

13 hours ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Pain to keep them separate, but I bet they work just fine. My guess.

Still wouldn't want to have to keep them apart. Duh

im with you , ive not yet encountered them but sure one day soon ill get some back in my brass , im not sure why they did this but it sucks 

If ya' don't want 'em, send 'em to me.  I'll save 'em and use 'em if I ever run out of the LPP .45 Colt brass.

• Like 1

Change is the one thing that one should be prepared to encounter... Y'all do know that .38 Special was a large primer case once upon a time?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Griff said:

Change is the one thing that one should be prepared to encounter... Y'all do know that .38 Special was a large primer case once upon a time?

And I think that the .45ACP was originally a small primer case once upon a time.  (still is in some cases)

On 4/6/2024 at 11:03 AM, Carolina Gunslinger said:

I'm unfamiliar with the SS case head. Who makes these? 

From another forum:  

I recently got a couple boxes of HSM 45 Colt 250 gr RNFP.  I've bought this in the past to plink with and because they use Starline brass.  Well, these 2 boxes are marked on the label "small primer"  and the headstamp on the brass is S  S.

On 4/6/2024 at 1:57 PM, German Jim said:

And I think that the .45ACP was originally a small primer case once upon a time.  (still is in some cases)

That's all well and good as long as your machine is prepared and more importantly that you know to look for it. 

4 hours ago, Griff said:

From another forum:  

Roger that sir. HSM. I was thinking that the SPP would be great for .45 CS brass. I'm tempted to cut my .454 Casull down and try it. 

Edited by Carolina Gunslinger

im not understanding why they felt the need to deviate from the norm after all these years , decades , century of it being the one , but hey i just like the norn as we knew it - not against change but reluctant to rush in , i load both SPP and LPP but in diriment cases , i can adjust with a different shell plate on my SPP hand loader but im not inclined as long as i have an abundance of what ive been using all these years 

• Like 1