SASS Wire Forum

A good TO!!

I had to show this Video of a good TO, Lucky Lead Pepper, helping Deadwood Miner through a stage! By the way Deadwood was 93 when this video was made, he’s 94 now and shot this month at Wartrace, he’s my hero!!

Randy

• Like 41
  • Thanks 5

Well done, as it should be. Thanks for sharing that video.

• Like 2

YES!  The true Spirit of the Game!   Love it!   SB

• Like 2

Great TO!  Kudo's for keeping that fellow shooting and enjoying our game at his age.  Part of the job of being a TO is to help the shooter successfully and safely complete the stage.  Whether it is keeping the shooter on the right target, counting the shots or lending an arm to help them to the next shooting position, they are there to help everyone have fun and be safe. 

• Like 6

i can appreciate the great TO in this situation , but what an inspiration the 93 YO offers to those of us getting on in years faster than we would like that hope to stay shooting a while longer .............

• Like 7

Quite simply  a great TO  I have shot with Mr. Pepper a true cowboy   God bless Deadwood. I hope I'm able to be around at his age 

• Like 1

That was great to watch. If they gave out a timer operator of the year award, he should get it. And being one that has severe arthritis in a knee, having posse members help at times is a blessing. I appreciate all the help that I get from the posse members.

• Like 1

I was on a Posse at the SouthEast Regional last year with Lucky Lead Pepper and TN Williams.   BOTH are super TO's

and hard working posse members.

Obviously, Randy St Eagle has been a good example and teacher..... ;)

..........Widder

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Obviously, Randy St Eagle has been a good example and teacher..... ;)

That's a fact!  I'm feel pretty fortunate to be able to learn from TW, Randy, Reno Mustang, Dodge City Dixie, and so many others at Wartrace.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1