SASS Wire Forum

Yes, we must act quickly and ban fossil fuel motorcars from ruining the planet

Almost evert military vehicle on the planet runs on fossil fuel and I'll bet that most politicians and their minions at every level from town councils to heads of state use fossil fuel everywhere they go, too.

No matter how you slice it, it still comes out politically driven BS.

• Like 4

Absolutely, make all vehicles work on batteries! As long as you don't try to recharge and run them in sub-zero cold! (See Chicago recently when people tried to recharge their cars in the cold.) :o  Not to mention that our power grid wouldn't support such a thing!  O read somewhere that Ford is suspending or at least reducing production of electric Ford 150's. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Almost evert military vehicle on the planet runs on fossil fuel and I'll bet that most politicians and their minions at every level from town councils to heads of state use fossil fuel everywhere they go, too.

No matter how you slice it, it still comes out politically driven BS.

but the point is they want yours gone , kinda like gun laws they want yours but will keep theirs - because they are "special" , 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

As my contribution to help the planet, I do not drive this in the rain:

IMG_1789.jpeg.0525a10a9cee7c2e683b0c6059620a78.jpeg

Further, when I do drive it, I prefer to drive along forested roads so the generous amount of CO2 can feed the trees.

And cars and planes aside, container ships put out a lot more bad stuff.

• Like 5

Taylor Swift flew in her personal jet from Japan to Las Vegas to see her boyfriend play in the Super Bowl.  Then she hopped back on the jet and flew to Australia for her next concert.  I don't want to hear any environmental tree hugging carbon credit trash come out of her mouth.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Taylor Swift flew in her personal jet from Japan to Las Vegas to see her boyfriend play in the Super Bowl.  Then she hopped back on the jet and flew to Australia for her next concert.  I don't want to hear any environmental tree hugging carbon credit trash come out of her mouth.  

There is a lot of backlash against her from the climate community, much of it due to her suing some dude who posts celebrity flight information. Anyway, a balanced article:

https://www.newsweek.com/climate-advocates-need-calm-down-about-taylor-swifts-jet-opinion-1861170

And I did leave concrete out of my list above. Curing concrete creates a lot of CO2. Not sure tarmac is better overall, but tarmac is at least a good use of left-over thick oily crud. It at least makes sense to use it for paving rather than burying it and making that much more concrete.

None of this is simple, and there are problems. Taylor may be a lighting rod at the moment, but using 17X the resources compared to a single-family home just does not warrant a focus on her.

On 2/18/2024 at 2:48 PM, John Kloehr said:

We are members of the Corvette Club.

Two of my lodge brothers drive 'Vettes.
Neither comes out when it rains.

I bought a new 2023 Tacoma, but kept the old 1991 Truck.
On a rainy night at lodge, the guys asked me, "Where is the new truck?"
I replied, "It's raining"... and that is when I joined the Corvette Club.

My real concern is the new truck getting smacked by some idiot on his phone and driving on slick streets.

• Like 2

Everytime we get a new vehicle, within the first year, some idiot takes it out in a parking lot.:angry: My old 02 Ford F-250 never even gets a scratch!

• Like 1

On 2/18/2024 at 3:48 PM, John Kloehr said:

IMG_1789.jpeg.0525a10a9cee7c2e683b0c6059620a78.jpeg

Further, when I do drive it, I prefer to drive along forested roads so the generous amount of CO2 can feed the trees.

And cars and planes aside, container ships put out a lot more bad stuff.

what you don’t use I will :)

IMG_2030.jpeg

• Like 2

You guys keep posting pictures of engines with no valve cover! How are your rockers getting lube. Do the just have bearings and solid push rods so no oil gets up there?

Ooops, upon enlarging, I can see that this one does!

Edited by Eyesa Horg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2024 at 7:24 PM, Buckshot Bear said:

Yes, we must act quickly and ban fossil fuel motorcars from ruining the planet 

I always wondered how they would ever mount a windmill on a 747.

1 hour ago, Sundog said:

I always wondered how they would ever mount a windmill on a 747.

Solar panels on the wings.

Yes we need to get rid of all them Polluting automobiles lol 

Screenshot_20240221_204442_Photos.jpg