SASS Wire Forum

Not real computer smart but I have done fair share of searching with no results on old EOT and Winter Range.  Perhaps I am looking for archives that are to old, but I do believe they are somewhere.  Looking for results from 2005 and forward, especially 2006 and 7.

Looking for some names of folks I shot with but forgot their alias.  Example Badlands Ben and Shalako Joe's parents

I could never find a source that just listed WR and EOT scores in one place.  However, the Chronicle archives start in 2005 and if an issue is reporting on WR or EOT there would be a headline on the front page.

17 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

I could never find a source that just listed WR and EOT scores in one place.  However, the Chronicle archives start in 2005 and if an issue is reporting on WR or EOT there would be a headline on the front page.

I will search that. Thanks

Larsen, 

Decided to go to the SASS Chronicle site. First one I randomly opened happened to have pic from 2006 Shootout at Buck Creek on cover.  I believe SW Regionals at time.  I open it up and low and behold on first page with Table of Contents  is a picture of Non Stop.  Had to tell him about that.  Heck, NS is full of info but he could not remember Ronnie and Penny's alias either.  They were just a couple I was reminiscing about.

4 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Not real computer smart but I have done fair share of searching with no results on old EOT and Winter Range.  Perhaps I am looking for archives that are to old, but I do believe they are somewhere.  Looking for results from 2005 and forward, especially 2006 and 7.

Looking for some names of folks I shot with but forgot their alias.  Example Badlands Ben and Shalako Joe's parents

Hey Billy

Here you go Hamptons.pdf (davidscottharper.com)

THE COMANCHE VALLEY VIGILANTES, Cowboy Action Shooting Club

698 SAT ANNUAL match (comanchevalley.org)

Overall Results (comanchevalley.org)

Scout

Edited by Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L
  • Like 1

EOT 2004

https://www.srscowboy.com/data/EOT 04.xls

EOT 2006

https://www.srscowboy.com/data/EOT 2006 Match Final.pdf

https://www.srscowboy.com/data/EOT 2006 Match with misses.pdf

Edited by Marauder SASS #13056
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Marauder SASS #13056 said:

Perfect.  Thanks Marauder.

Bet you still have some Mule Camp results around.  

I remember "our boys" would head to Mule Camp and we went to Rabbit Ridge.  Check on the way home as to who did what.

2 hours ago, Rattlesnake Slim said:

EOT results from 2005 to present are on the EOT website under "Results" https://endoftrail.org/eot-results/ . Unfortunately, I think that all but the paper archives from Winter Range were lost with the old website.

That works.  Thought it was somewhere.  2005, first year at Founders.  Remember it well...in April, muddy, muddy

Thanks RS

7 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Perfect.  Thanks Marauder.

Bet you still have some Mule Camp results around.  

I remember "our boys" would head to Mule Camp and we went to Rabbit Ridge.  Check on the way home as to who did what.

Of course.

Any body have 2000 EOT?

EOT 2000 Norco, California Had the Marlin Jam.  Had Evil Roy got it going again for me. Ended finish 7th Place Senior Category..

That year also at Winter Range finished 2nd Place & top ten.

Edited by Jackrabbit Joe #414
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

Any body have 2000 EOT?

now that would be cool.  My first EOT and first Winter Range

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

I wasn't born yet 

Yea, right!:ph34r:

• Like 1

Billy,

I found our Posse picture from Winter Range 2006, Posse 2.

You, Me, Badlands Ben, Shalaho Joe, Calvin and Hobbes, Calvin and Hobbes wife, Non-stop. ,Non-stop's wife and that is all I can remember tonight.

I found my books from EOT 2005 and I have a hard copy of the results somewhere, but have not found them yet.

I have several SHOOT magazines from that time period that I have found.

I found an original flyer from Hampton Bullet Company from Ben and Joe during the time that they were selling bullets and I remember meeting their parents and hanging around with them at Mule Camp.

If I can get a clear picture of the posse picture I will post it here or email you a copy.

I know I have more stuff from that time period but I have moved 6 times since then and not sure where to look.

Maddog

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Maddog McCoy SASS #5672 said:

Billy,

I found our Posse picture from Winter Range 2006, Posse 2.

You, Me, Badlands Ben, Shalaho Joe, Calvin and Hobbes, Calvin and Hobbes wife, Non-stop. ,Non-stop's wife and that is all I can remember tonight.

I found my books from EOT 2005 and I have a hard copy of the results somewhere, but have not found them yet.

I have several SHOOT magazines from that time period that I have found.

I found an original flyer from Hampton Bullet Company from Ben and Joe during the time that they were selling bullets and I remember meeting their parents and hanging around with them at Mule Camp.

If I can get a clear picture of the posse picture I will post it here or email you a copy.

I know I have more stuff from that time period but I have moved 6 times since then and not sure where to look.

Maddog

MM,

I have that picture also.  It is on inside door of our shooting trailer. 

What a great posse and memorable match.  Others on posse were Longhunter, Handlebar Doc, Goatneck, Capt Sam Evans,  Lefty Rhodes, Cheyenne Culpepper, Blackie Cole, Tally Book, More Ammo, Barbary Coast, and one more whose name I can not remember.  I believe Tequila and "Cowboys" crew followed us on the  first day with very nice weather.   Then, a big rain came overnight making a muddy mess.  Most of our stages from first day were thrown out because other posses could not (or refused) to shoot them on second day.  For that cold rainy second day CC had portable fold-up canopy we used over loading table and Blackie had portable heater.  I think most on posse still buckled and six or so were National Champions.

On a sad note, several in posse have passed away, Lefty just recently.  It was also Miss Ann's last National Championships to make with me.

That particular segment of Cowboys ran on Outdoor Channel for a long time.  Most watching would have no idea that those stages filmed of us did not count even though blue skies can be seen in background.  I believe I was writing for SHOOT magazine then.

In above list of article Cowtown Scout sent, the one on Hamptons by Abilene is very good.  Hamptons.pdf (davidscottharper.com)

Hope to see you again down the trail

Edit:  The more I think about it although 2006 was cold and rainy a day or so, 2007 might have been the year of the big rain on night before second day. 

There was another year that it rained, hailed, sleet, and snowed on Wednesday before main match.   And then the year of the hail during match.

Edited by Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator

On 2/4/2024 at 12:54 PM, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Tally Book ring right?  for their Dad's alias.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Oklahoma Dee said:

Tally Book ring right?  for their Dad's alias.

And More Ammo for Mom.

I have the results from 2008 and on for Winter Range as PDF files.  I can email to anyone that asks.  I'd hoped we would keep the old WR website online but that didn't happen. 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 11:37 AM, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

Any body have 2000 EOT?

EOT 2000 Norco, California Had the Marlin Jam.  Had Evil Roy got it going again for me. Ended finish 7th Place Senior Category..

That year also at Winter Range finished 2nd Place & top ten.

Hey Pilgrim ..so your not just a pretty face;)

7 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Hey Pilgrim ..so your not just a pretty face;)

Yeh pilgrim how goes it. You still shooting? How about EOT??? Take care & God bless.

• Like 1