SASS Wire Forum

Ruger magazine confusion

Three Foot Johnson

I bought a Ruger LCP Max not too long back, and a couple of 12 round magazines. The pistol comes with a "flush fit" 10 rounder, and the 12 rounders have a +2 extension on them. The description states they are shipped with flush fit base plates, and the packaging also says they are shipped with flush fit base plates, which I thought was kind of weird, because why? When they showed up, both 12 rounders had the +2 extensions installed, and no flush fit base plate in the packaging. So, I got ahold of Ruger customer service and the gal said, "Yes, the 12 rounders are shipped with a flush fit base plate". I said, "Yes, that's what the description says, but these both were shipped with +2 extensions on them and no flush fit base plates". "That's correct", she says. I said, "I don't think you understand what I'm saying, these are extended +2 base plates, not flush fit". So I sent a picture, and she said, "Yes, those are the flush fit 12 round base plates"...?

Maybe I don't know what a flush fit magazine is, but I'd say the top one is a flush fit mag and the bottom one is an extended mag...?

LCPflush.jpg

LCPplusTwo.jpg

Maybe she was thinking like this. This is a Walther PPK.

This one is flush fit.

664957m2_ts.jpg

This one is not flush fit. It has a toe on it.

WALTHER_MAGAZINE_PPKS_.32_ACP_8_ROUND_W_

The bottom of the magazine doesn't stick down below the grip anymore, but the front of the magazine does not fit flush with the gun. It sticks out forward.

Of course she could just be an imbecile. :P

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

Maybe she was thinking like this. This is a Walther PPK.

This one is flush fit.

664957m2_ts.jpg

This one is not flush fit. It has a toe on it.

WALTHER_MAGAZINE_PPKS_.32_ACP_8_ROUND_W_

The bottom of the magazine doesn't stick down below the grip anymore, but the front of the magazine does not fit flush with the gun. It sticks out forward.

Of course she could just be an imbecile. :P

I pick imbecile , like Alpo says.

You could call back and hopefully get someone who knows what the hell you are talkin about.

The beauty of tech support:  call right back and get a different idiot.
Level One support are just script monkeys.
You have to exhaust that avenue first, then politely ask for Level 2 or a supervisor.

Howdy,

So is it better to talk to a computer recording.

That will be next and is here at many places.

Get the hardware you like and be done with em.

Best

CR

17 hours ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

well they fit flush with the mag well , just not with the bottom of the pistol grip :huh:

CB :wacko:

That's what I was going to say. I guess she meant that it fit flush with the mag well..

Yep.  You obviously don't understand the actual and/or intended context.  As you can plainly see, based on your well focused photograph, the Magazines do, in fact, fit flush to the bottom of the Magazine well.  Or, were you expecting a handle on the side more in keeping with a Toilette Tank??

Archived