SASS Wire Forum

Military Meme's

PowderRiverCowboy

On 11/4/2023 at 3:11 PM, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I think that was only one of the balls, Okinawa is still on.

Yep. The USMC anny ball was held in Oki this past Fri, 10/3 eve.

1 hour ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

1601238703865.png

I saw this one yesterday.

I can’t tell you how many times I have heard “I almost joined the (fill in blank) but…”

My response is always the same. “”Well, you didn’t did you? What’s that have to do with me?” 
I am usually not very nice about it. Mostly because I don’t want to hear their excuses or whining. 
A few times I paraphrased Yoda:

image.jpeg.a798639318cf9105a554e25dbaea35fe.jpeg

Edited by Pat Riot
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Meanwhile-at-Air-Force-Range.png

When I went to the range, there were three things I never saw: An M-16 (they were all pipelined to 'Nam, and our site security guards had M-2 Carbines with one 15-round magazine...and ten rounds of ball ammo!!!); any women; and a reliable .38 Spl. revolver (the ones we had were all Navy reject S&W' that were shaving jacket material, I cleared mine, went to the range NCO, rescheduled, went downtown and bought a Model 19 that I shot the ball ammo to qualify!) :rolleyes:

A veteran is someone who, when our country asked, "Who shall we send to defend us from our enemies?" raised our hand and said, "Here I am. Send me!"

Happy Veterans Day, Comrades-in-Arms! :FlagAm:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Hey Pat. How about this guy?

ey-xcbDp_yli_vxoNSzP9M9D8w-so-M7KPC5-NxOlzQ.thumb.jpg.0062ffb694d4a4b18a19f05b077f50dd.jpg

Signalman second. 42 years. Retired in 85. Enlisted during World War II.

It really makes me wonder how someone could be in that long and never make it above a second class petty officer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Hey Pat. How about this guy?

ey-xcbDp_yli_vxoNSzP9M9D8w-so-M7KPC5-NxOlzQ.thumb.jpg.0062ffb694d4a4b18a19f05b077f50dd.jpg

Signalman second. 42 years. Retired in 85. Enlisted during World War II.

It really makes me wonder how someone could be in that long and never make it above a second class petty officer.

That would be 40 years and that top looks fake. BUT a sailor that’s an E-5 after 40 years must truly be a walking CF! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

That would be 40 years and that top looks fake. BUT a sailor that’s an E-5 after 40 years must truly be a walking CF! :lol:

I'd agree with the CF appraisal, but on the other hand -- gold service stripes = no disciplinary action. Don't know when started Navy high year tenure .

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DocWard said:

image.jpeg.1a651ecbcbf78d01d8f1cd3aeb475283.jpeg

Almost spit coffee at this one, Doc.

I remember flying gunnery exercises at Grafenwoehr in the snow.  Our scout aircraft used the rim road to navigate to various ranges just like the armor and mech infantry units.  We were maybe 200’ AGL looking down at the tread heads in the snow and mud and thinking “Sure sucks down there.” as I turned the heater up.

• Haha 4

We always got the short end of the stick here, budget wise, but the latest "Cost Avoidance and saving measures" have really effected the armour and mobile units.

1z21bo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5