SASS Wire Forum

Well, it's the Medicare open enrollment period and with it comes the absolutely inane commercials flooding the airwaves with insurance brokers (as thinly disguised real medicare reps) trying to con the elderly to call for their "free" Medicare review. God I hate Martha. I just hope we don't see Joe Namath and Jimmy "JJ" Walker again, not to mention Henry "Jump the shark" Winkler.

Thou speak'st truly, my friend!

I bless the remote that lets me freeze what's playing, I wait a set amount of time, then fast-forward in 30-second increments until I find the show again!

It's either that, or heave a brick through the TV screen while screaming sulfurously and most energetically!

Say what you will, there are some good Medicare supplements or replacements.  Just on a new set of hearing aids the one I have saved me several years of monthly payments, not counting what it saves on regular care.  You do need to do your homework before you buy. 

39 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Thou speak'st truly, my friend!

I bless the remote that lets me freeze what's playing, I wait a set amount of time, then fast-forward in 30-second increments until I find the show again!

It's either that, or heave a brick through the TV screen while screaming sulfurously and most energetically!

.......... perhaps Elvis was onto something with his .44 calibre "remote" .......  ;)

49 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Say what you will, there are some good Medicare supplements or replacements.  Just on a new set of hearing aids the one I have saved me several years of monthly payments, not counting what it saves on regular care.  You do need to do your homework before you buy. 

Most large insurance companies seem to have Medicare Supplement plans. You can go to AMAC and request info. https://members.amac.us/lead-health-insurance.php?s=1697920409

For those who may not know, AMAC, the Association of Mature American Citizens, is a conservative alternative to AARP. Again, in case you may not know, AARP thinks that old people shouldn't have guns. 

I have a Humana Plan through AMAC that does everything I need it to. ZERO cost.

24 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Most large insurance companies seem to have Medicare Supplement plans. You can go to AMAC and request info. https://members.amac.us/lead-health-insurance.php?s=1697920409

For those who may not know, AMAC, the Association of Mature American Citizens, is a conservative alternative to AARP. Again, in case you may not know, AARP thinks that old people shouldn't have guns. 

I have a Humana Plan through AMAC that does everything I need it to. ZERO cost.

This info needs 10 like buttons and 10 thank you buttons.

10 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

This info needs 10 like buttons and 10 thank you buttons.

I agree. I am not old enough for Medicare, but I have been thinking about it. I am 62. I have time, but I was considering AMAC. @Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 thank you for posting and reminding to get off my duff and join. 

I had insurance with AmAC for about a year or two and then switched to Medical Mutual who took over my Medicare and it covers more than the AMAC insurance and it’s FREE! 
AMAC is just as bad as AARP all they do is sell insurance! Yea they have conservative values but it didn’t do me any good. 

Good stuff here to research!

Every time I see anything FREE on TV or in any advertising anywhere, my butt cheeks pucker up. 

In my head I hear a salesman saying to me,  "Bend over and I will drive you home."

Any of you on Medicare Part B, whether with the Fed. or private insurance company, ever NOT had one penny of your TOTAL Social Security Benefit deducted from your total Social Security benefit check? 

3 hours ago, Lone Spur Jake SASS #7728 said:

Any of you on Medicare Part B, whether with the Fed. or private insurance company, ever NOT had one penny of your TOTAL Social Security Benefit deducted from your total Social Security benefit check? 

Nope. That's part of the deal. 

Part B isn’t what’s being pushed in these ads. The cost of Part B is a flat fee depending on the year you enrolled. It’s the supplemental plans that cover the things Part B doesn’t. Virtually none of this is free and the amount of, and what is covered, varies on what you’re willing to pay. 

There are some good plans and values out there if you’re willing to do the homework. Virtually none of them are the ones being shilled by Joe Namath, Captain Kirk or Kid Dyno-mite. 

4 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Part B isn’t what’s being pushed in these ads. The cost of Part B is a flat fee depending on the year you enrolled. It’s the supplemental plans that cover the things Part B doesn’t. Virtually none of this is free and the amount of, and what is covered, varies on what you’re willing to pay. 

There are some good plans and values out there if you’re willing to do the homework. Virtually none of them are the ones being shilled by Joe Namath, Captain Kirk or Kid Dyno-mite. 

Medical Mutual is free, it took over my Medicare and I don’t pay a dime. I didn’t get it from the tv ads either, I was referred by a friend. It’s an Ohio company.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_Mutual_of_Ohio

Archived