SASS Wire Forum

Lee

Dawg Hair, SASS #29557

23 minutes ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

New one forming in the atlantic and expected to be a real nasty one.  How about if we all face east and prepare to start blowing real hard, would that help?

Can we at least fast forward to December?

I don't like storms. :angry:

If all the bloviating blowhards in DC can't keep it back, the rest of us don't have a chance of it.

Early tracks shows it going north of Puerto Rico towards the Bahamas- at the moment.

The question is, when does the thing turn north? 

It's gonna turn north to northeast eventually.  Does  it do it in the Atlantic or does it decide to make the turn when it gets to Bristol, TN instead? (That ain't an exaggeration either.  Gulf storms commonly run up to TN or further before shifting NE and that's a long way from the Redneck Rivera.)

There's a high Southeast of Bermuda at the moment and it should pull it on northward and away from the coast when Lee gets on the west side of the high.

Assuming that the high is still there when Lee gets in the neighborhood, of  course.

10 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Early tracks shows it going north of Puerto Rico towards the Bahamas- at the moment.

The question is, when does the thing turn north? 

It's gonna turn north to northeast eventually.  Does  it do it in the Atlantic or does it decide to make the turn when it gets to Bristol, TN instead? (That ain't an exaggeration either.  Gulf storms commonly run up to TN or further before shifting NE and that's a long way from the Redneck Rivera.)

There's a high Southeast of Bermuda at the moment and it should pull it on northward and away from the coast when Lee gets on the west side of the high.

Assuming that the high is still there when Lee gets in the neighborhood, of  course.

I pray you are right.  We don't need no more stinking hurricanes in Florida.

2 hours ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

New one forming in the atlantic and expected to be a real nasty one.  How about if we all face east and prepare to start blowing real hard, would that help?

Can we at least fast forward to December?

I don't like storms. :angry:

And yet you live in Florida.  What is wrong with this picture?

15 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Am I the only one who clicked on the thread title thinking we would be talking about the reloader?

I thought it was going to be about Lee Jeans!:P

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

And yet you live in Florida.  What is wrong with this picture?

He lives in the peninsula, somewhere. The storm is in the Atlantic, which is on the east side of the peninsula. If he gets everybody to face East and blow, it should keep the storm to the east of the peninsula, and not in Florida.

2 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Am I the only one who clicked on the thread title thinking we would be talking about the reloader?

That’s exactly what I thought. :D

Down Wind? Like to the leeward side of a ship?

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

He lives in the peninsula, somewhere. The storm is in the Atlantic, which is on the east side of the peninsula. If he gets everybody to face East and blow, it should keep the storm to the east of the peninsula, and not in Florida.

Actually I'm on the Tampa Bay area, not in the panhandle.

1 hour ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Actually I'm on the Tampa Bay area, not in the panhandle.

Clean your glasses, Dawg

5 hours ago, Alpo said:

He lives in the peninsula, somewhere

Last I looked, the peninsula was that long piece that went from Georgia down to Miami. I live in the panhandle - that short piece that goes from Alabama to the Gulf.

And I'm fair-certain that Tampa's in the peninsula. :P

11 hours ago, Alpo said:

Clean your glasses, Dawg

Last I looked, the peninsula was that long piece that went from Georgia down to Miami. I live in the panhandle - that short piece that goes from Alabama to the Gulf.

Actually, Dawg lives on a peninsula of the peninsula to be exact.

13 hours ago, Alpo said:

Clean your glasses, Dawg

I stand corrected, thank you.

Archived