SASS Wire Forum

Motorcycles

Subdeacon Joe

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot said:

I wanted a Buell for so long. I couldn’t afford one. Once I could afford one they were out of business. 

I sold mine a couple of years ago. It was an original first year S1 White Lightning.  It was also the only black one I have ever seen or heard of.

Those first year bikes didn’t have the speed governed down like the later ones and would far outperform the later models.

I did several minor modifications to it and had some serious tuning done to it, (carb and ignition) which brought it up to a really respectable level. It also produced some great gas mileage.  If I didn’t push it and stayed off the throttle, it would get well over 50 mpg.  I once filled it all the way to the muzzle and got 325 miles without running it dry.

I sold it when the nerve damage in my foot and leg got to where it was difficult to shift gears comfortably.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 6:37 PM, Pat Riot said:

I can tell you that this would never happen in my world. 

image.gif.86e7169ae34b01d4914e447a580f8653.gif

“Oh look! A camera! I better show ‘em what I can do.”

image.gif.290c7ce45394c61f2563ec978d421a23.gif

Which?

The girl dropping the guy's bike?

The guy trying, unsuccessfully, to catch the bike before it lands on the ground?

Or the girl snatching the guy's bike keys, and the guy not bitch-slapping her to the ground?

1 hour ago, Pat Riot said:

There are some things you do not mess with.

My wife

My bike 

My guns

My tools

My wife is on the list but she cannot mess with the other 3. 

My wife was always nagging me about taking her for a ride on the bike!

I finally told her to get her own!!!

MUCH LESS AGGRAVATION!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

My wife was always nagging me about taking her for a ride on the bike!

I finally told her to get her own!!!

MUCH LESS AGGRAVATION!!

I did that and she scared the hell out of me! Then she became a piss poor passenger! Took a year( 10K miles) after she stopped driving to be a good passenger again. Before all that she was the best passenger I ever took on a bike. You didn't even know she was there!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

Kawasaki 750 triple. Full circle balanced crank. 10,000 rpm.  10 flat in the 1/4. 140 mph

IMG_20161106_193849-EDIT.jpg

I rode one of those when they were new!  It was a radical little bike back then!!

I have since ridden quicker, faster motorcycles and certainly some much more refined.

I never got used to hearing the two strokes!  Always reminded me of a chainsaw!!

I don’t know why, but that noise didn’t bother me if it came from a racing kart!!

15 hours ago, Pat Riot said:

image.jpeg.6d4ca136cb8313277880e33666791c7f.jpeg

I wanna see the video of when someone pulls out in front of them.

I hope no one has to pee!

Edited by Dirty Dan Dawkins

25 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I rode one of those when they were new!  It was a radical little bike back then!!

I have since ridden quicker, faster motorcycles and certainly some much more refined.

I never got used to hearing the two strokes!  Always reminded me of a chainsaw!!

I don’t know why, but that noise didn’t bother me if it came from a racing kart!!

That thing just plain howled at high rpms. And cackled at low rpms. My KZ 900 had way better manners

Just now, Mister Badly said:

That thing just plain howled at high rpms. And cackled at low rpms. My KZ 900 had way better manners

YEAH!  But I never rode a motorcycle for manners. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

I recall a story from one of the motorcycle magazines back when the KZ900 was just being released.

The magazine interviewed the head of marketing for Kawasaki and questioned him about abandoning the two stroke powertrain.  The statement given was to the effect that to sell a big bike in the West, it would draw more sales if it didn’t go “Ying-yang-yang-pop-pop-pop!”

• Haha 3

First time I drove a KZ 900 and grabbed a handful of throttle, nearly lost the boys on the taillight :o. Good God those things were quick. 0-140 in a blink:D.

• Haha 1