SASS Wire Forum

Newhart

Forty  Rod SASS 3935

Just checked this out of my local library for two reasons:

1. Mary Frann was the hottest woman on TV.

2. Larry and his brother Daryl and his other brother Daryl, the funniest trio ever.

Also I like Bob Newhart and will buy a drink for the movie he was introduced in.

18 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Also I like Bob Newhart and will buy a drink for the movie he was introduced in.

Hell Is For Heroes, starring Steve McQueen, James Coburn, and Fess Parker.

ADDED:

He is one heck of an actor with an excellent sense of timing.  His droll, understated, sometimes stuttering and stammering delivery is genius.

25 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

ADDED:

He is one heck of an actor with an excellent sense of timing.  His droll, understated, sometimes stuttering and stammering delivery is genius.

Bottles, give this man a drink of his choice and put it on my tab.  The name is Alpo.

34 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

ADDED:

He played a recurring character named Professor Proton in the Big Bang series. He’s still hysterically funny. 

3 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Loved that series. They way ended the series in the last episode is the most brilliant and memorable ever. 

True, and with another beautiful woman that had been one of his costars.  If you don't believe it watch her in Hot Stuff....if you can find it

His phone routines where you only hear his part of the conversation were hilarious.

In one of them he is on the phone with a toupe company telling them his complaint.

Yes, I know I can go swimming while wearing it.

I understand it will stay on in a hurricane. 

What I'd really like it to do is stay out of the cheese dip!

And lest anyone forget his “Bob Newhart” show served as inspiration for the best college drinking game ever! 
Hi Bob, for those who didn’t participate, is played by watching the show and having a drink of your choice every time a character says “Hi Bob” when Mr. Newhart comes into a room. On average six to seven times per episode! 
Sure beat Shakespearian studies and Accounting 301 once in a while!

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

If you don't believe it watch her in Hot Stuff....if you can find it

Pretty sure that's on YouTube.

Within the last few months there was a thread about movie screwups, and there was a Firebird that was blown up, but the car that they exploded was a Camaro. And whoever mentioned that blooper linked the movie on YouTube.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Pretty sure that's on YouTube.

Within the last few months there was a thread about movie screwups, and there was a Firebird that was blown up, but the car that they exploded was a Camaro. And whoever mentioned that blooper linked the movie on YouTube.

You’re welcome!:D

Funny thing is I arrested two brothers, I swear,  both named Darryl...both gang banger and both in a stolen car,each had a gun....that was one helluva difficult report to write. Suspect Darryl ....number one and suspect Daryl ...number 2.......I kept saying the whole "this is my brother Darryl and my other brother Darryl " but the dam kids(rookies) on my squad never understood it...

He was a character in the three Librarian movies. I think he had a cameo in the first of the Librarian TV episodes. Don't believe he was in any of the others. He was replaced as the all-wise boss man by John Lauracatt - the horndog lawyer on Night Court.

Archived