SASS Wire Forum

Hostiles

Rye Miles #13621

I seen this when it first came out in 2017, they're playing it on the western channel. pretty good movie! Christian Bale, Wes Studi and Rosamund Pike  :wub:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5478478/

It’s an excellent movie. I have watched it several times each time picking up additional subtleties.

Most will need extra volume and/or subtitles on.

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

I really liked the movie and the premise.

I do have to say that during some parts of the movie, I couldn't understand Bales mumbling. 

Me too!

14 hours ago, Irish-Pat said:

Bale’s mumbles all the way through Batman also 

I think it's new actor technique to make you pay attention!:P Funny they never did that in the thousands and thousands of old movies. I noticed it on quite a few newer tv shows and movies. It's mostly females but not always!

7 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I think it's new actor technique to make you pay attention!:P Funny they never did that in the thousands and thousands of old movies. I noticed it on quite a few newer tv shows and movies. It's mostly females but not always!

British shows and movies have had it forever. Incomprehensible sometimes....

Going to watch it tonight

This was hard to watch; brutal and even frightening at times.  It gets points for engaging the viewer so completely, but geez, hard to call it entertainment.  Can't say I like it, but it's probably close to the true history of the times.

I watched it on the big screen.  The report of the 1866 rifle in the opening scenes was quite realistic.

I turned my hearing aids way up for this movie.  It helped some…

Archived