Funny Photos - add some.

Pat Riot

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Must be up near Oak Ridge!:rolleyes:

Bless these hard workin’ folks. Love me some Mountain Dew. ;)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I just couldn't resist...

As a child, watching that show, I noticed that they never had chores. They got to go play with the boats and swim all the time.

As an adult, thinking about that show, since Daddy was a park ranger and had a boat for his job, and therefore Florida department of natural resources bought gas for his boat, I just wonder if skipTHE SKIFF was using Florida-paid-for gasoline.

Probably was. Totin' privileges.

Edited by Alpo
I hate otto
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Alpo said:

As a child, watching that show, I noticed that they never had chores. They got to go play with the boats and swim all the time.

As an adult, thinking about that show, since Daddy was a park ranger and had a boat for his job, and therefore Florida department of natural resources bought gas for his boat, I just wonder if skipTHE SKIFF was using Florida-paid-for gasoline.

Probably was. Totin' privileges.

As a kid raised in Florida, I loved watching Flipper (tv show) and Sea Hunt. Being so young, I couldn't understand why the dolphins at the beach didn't play with us like on the show.

True fact - In the original movie Flipper, they didn't have many special effects, let alone CGI. They actually speared a wild dolphin and beached it so they could save it for the film. The scene in which the dolphin gets speared was real.

I didn't learn that until I was in my late 40's...what a disappointing bubble buster that was.:(

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

As a kid raised in Florida, I loved watching Flipper (tv show) and Sea Hunt. Being so young, I couldn't understand why the dolphins at the beach didn't play with us like on the show.

True fact - In the original movie Flipper, they didn't have many special effects, let alone CGI. They actually speared a wild dolphin and beached it so they could save it for the film. The scene in which the dolphin gets speared was real.

I didn't learn that until I was in my late 40's...what a disappointing bubble buster that was.:(

Wow, just wow.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Alpo said:

photo beer.png

When I was in the Navy we did this on the Apple River in Minnesota. We were there for GMLS Mk 26 Missile Launcher “C” School. 
It was fun for the first 3 hours of a 5 hour trip. I don’t recall the last 2 hours…

• Haha 6

image.png.d64bb932a0caf0fe9fbd5bc8ce20a7be.pngIt's a counterclock: one hung on the wall opposite the bar in Callahan's crosstime Saloon so the patrons standing at the bar could look up and read it in the mirror.

Series written by Spider Robinson. Fun read with some interesting and thought provoking undertones.image.png.d64bb932a0caf0fe9fbd5bc8ce20a7be.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Doc Webster, feeling geneal, said to the bar one day

"I've mixed chromosomes from vegetables with canine DNA

"Crossed Lassie with a cantaloupe"

Said Mike, "So what'd you get?"

"Why, a melon-collie baby, and one hell of a startled vet!"

Spider, oh Spider, oh won't you tell us where

Callahan's is hidden, and we'll do our drinking there

40 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

It's a counterclock: one hung on the wall opposite the bar in Callahan's crosstime Saloon so the patrons standing at the bar could look up and read it in the mirror.

Thank you I could not figure out the purpose of a clock like that. 
I learn something new every day. :D

• Like 3

And then @alpo pulls a fisk out of his pocket proving he is a SMOF. 

First place I heard. 'Shared joy is increased, shared sorrow is lessened.' 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

And then @alpo pulls a fisk out of his pocket proving he is a SMOF. 

Thanks. I had to look up the meaning of SMOF while on my first cup of coffee. I'm not amused by that fact.

30 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

First place I heard. 'Shared joy is increased, shared sorrow is lessened.' 

It is true. Also, anyone who has been in the military can attest that "misery loves company." Brothers-in-arms to share the misery with makes it far easier to endure. Oh, and yes, sisters-in-arms too. It also applies to other shared experiences as well.

• Like 2