SASS Wire Forum

Cabela's Bass Pro on crack?

Dantankerous

This afternoon at the local Cabela's I saw a Stoeger coach gun for sale at $1049.

Huh?

Cabela's. ain't on crack.

They figure a bunch of Cowboys are because it seems anybody that will pay $1000 for a case of Primers or $2000+ for a JM Marlin

has got to be drugged up on something.

Some of these high prices is because we've brought it upon ourowndangselves.     And Manufacturers also know how much the

shooting world is willing to pay for a pistol or rifle and they jack up their prices.    Seems that some folks like to brag about how

much they can spend on certain guns.

..........Widder

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Cabela's. ain't on crack.

They figure a bunch of Cowboys are because it seems anybody that will pay $1000 for a case of Primers or $2000+ for a JM Marlin

has got to be drugged up on something.

Some of these high prices is because we've brought it upon ourowndangselves.     And Manufacturers also know how much the

shooting world is willing to pay for a pistol or rifle and they jack up their prices.    Seems that some folks like to brag about how

much they can spend on certain guns.

..........Widder

I don't brag about how much I spend on  a gun as I am usually embarrassed to admit it.

9 minutes ago, Hashknife Cowboy said:

Most of their stuff  is too rich for my blood, I believe in supporting local if at all possible.

Normally yes, like 90%+ of the time, but I have found some screaming good deals there over the last 10 years. Sometimes I wonder how they price their stuff 'cause I walked away pretty happy a few times.

Actually, talked to a guy I know at the Billings Cabelas Gun department. In his opinion, they are being treated like second class citizens by Bass Pro.  I've gotten a few very good deals there in past years. Now they don't have much inventory of interest to me.

1 minute ago, Rip Snorter said:

Actually, talked to a guy I know at the Billings Cabelas Gun department. In his opinion, they are being treated like second class citizens by Bass Pro.  I've gotten a few very good deals there in past years. Now they don't have much inventory of interest to me.

I actually noticed that  myself when ammo was scarce , Bass Pro would have Guns and ammo while Cabelas was empty  . I made the Comment  about being the bastard stepchild of Bass Pros when I picked up one I had shipped to them , He didnt argue and told me glad someone else sees it , ours changes people frequently .

Looks like Bass Pro and Cabela's have merged their used gun list.  Now what is in Cabelas gun library is also in Bass Pros gun library.  The Joseph Lang shotgun isn't common and the pictures are identical.

I've NEVER seen a deal at Cabela's on guns or ammo or reloading equipment and components.

I asked the clerk and he said

”Does this look like a cap gun to you?”

No one has laughed yet, so I guess no one remembers the Stoeger ad in the SASS paper.

They are often high, but I can recall two bargains in particular, a really nice Ruger old model M 77 in 6mm Rem Mag, with all the bells and whistles, and a Kimber 1911 that just needed a good cleaning and decent grips.  Both below market average at the time, but that was several years ago.

Archived