Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Ridiculous bill


Forty  Rod SASS 3935
 Share

Recommended Posts

I got my mail about a half hour ago and it included a bill from the electric compaNy for EIGHT CENTS!  I have solar power and have had some small bills before, bu tEIGHT CENTS?

 

I taped  dime to the coupon and dropped it in the mail.I want to see if they will 1. accept a coin and 2. send me a rebate for two cents or give me a credit on my next month's bill.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I got my mail about a half hour ago and it included a bill from the electric compaNy for EIGHT CENTS!  I have solar power and have had some small bills before, bu tEIGHT CENTS?

 

I taped  dime to the coupon and dropped it in the mail.I want to see if they will 1. accept a coin and 2. send me a rebate for two cents or give me a credit on my next month's bill.

 

They may charge you a late fee. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Don't pay it and see what happens!

They may shutdown his power!!:o

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Computers run things like this, and not humans. But it was a bone-head manager that thought this one up.

I got a bill the other day, that I had already paid. I looked it up, and it had cleared my bank a good while ago.

I so very much enjoyed calling them to point out their error. Computer-glitch, they said. 

It's miller time, when I can catch them in an accounting error. Perhaps it's even margarita time!!! 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When my Mom passed, I went to her bank and closed out her account for the trust fund. A month later I get a statement from the bank stating her account has a balance of $0.02. Two friggin' cents! I contacted them twice, sent in the paper work closing the account, and yet still, once every 2 months I get a statement from them about the $0.02 balance. It goes straight from the mail box to the shredder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Clay Mosby said:

When my Mom passed, I went to her bank and closed out her account for the trust fund. A month later I get a statement from the bank stating her account has a balance of $0.02. Two friggin' cents! I contacted them twice, sent in the paper work closing the account, and yet still, once every 2 months I get a statement from them about the $0.02 balance. It goes straight from the mail box to the shredder.

I had a similar thing happen but it was a $20 charge for having a balance below $20.  I tried to close it at a branch but was told I needed to send a letter. I let it go, after 6 months when the balance got to -$100 they closed the account.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I had a similar thing happen but it was a $20 charge for having a balance below $20.  I tried to close it at a branch but was told I needed to send a letter. I let it go, after 6 months when the balance got to -$100 they closed the account.

I angrily closed a JC Penny charge account because they charged me a fee for having  balance of less than $20.  The fee, IIRC, was more than the balance.  I refused to pay the fee, and cut the card in two with my pocket knife at the customer service desk.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 I have a supplement plan to my medicare which is $25.80 a month. (It's actually a penalty for not signing up for Part D when I got Medicare.)

 I pay this directly to the company that has my Medicare( Medical Mutual) ANYWAY........I sent a check a couple months ago and MY mistake I sent it for $25.60 instead of $25.80, they sent a bill a few weeks later for  20 cents and said if I didn't pay it they would cancel my account because I was in arrears!

I sent them a check for the 20 cents. It cost them postage to send me the bill and cost me to mail it in! 

Crazy!!!!:wacko:

Edited by Rye Miles #13621
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

I angrily closed a JC Penny charge account because they charged me a fee for having  balance of less than $20.  The fee, IIRC, was more than the balance.  I refused to pay the fee, and cut the card in two with my pocket knife at the customer service desk.

Clear back in 1959 I got my first credit card from J.C.P. and bought a cardigan sweater for about $26.00, quite qa lot in those days.

 

A couple of weeks later I went in to the store and paid it off.  A week or so later I got a bill form J.C.P. for $00.00.  I laughed and stuck it in my check book.  The next month I got a bill for $00.00 with a note saying I was in arrears for $00.00.

 

After the third month they cancelled my card and turner it over to a collection agency.  They told me to send them a check for $00.00 and they'd take care of it.  I told them to shove it.

 

My dad called the regional manager and hr was told to send them a check for $00.00.  I did, they reinsated my card, and I never heard from them again.

 

Computer glitch?  This was 1959.

 

I never used a Penny's card again.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Clear back in 1959 I got my first credit card from J.C.P. and bought a cardigan sweater for about $26.00, quite qa lot in those days.

 

A couple of weeks later I went in to the store and paid it off.  A week or so later I got a bill form J.C.P. for $00.00.  I laughed and stuck it in my check book.  The next month I got a bill for $00.00 with a note saying I was in arrears for $00.00.

 

After the third month they cancelled my card and turner it over to a collection agency.  They told me to send them a check for $00.00 and they'd take care of it.  I told them to shove it.

 

My dad called the regional manager and hr was told to send them a check for $00.00.  I did, they reinsated my card, and I never heard from them again.

 

Computer glitch?  This was 1959.

 

I never used a Penny's card again.

No not a computer glitch at all just some really dumba%& people!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had bought a new 71 van.

After the last payment, I received notice I still needed to pay $.05 to get the title.

Went to bank and made a big scene while standing in a long teller line.

I knew the bank manager from many years and this scene was a conversation from 30 feet away about how the bank was holding my title over $.05.

The manager went over to some file cabinets and brought me my title with an invoice showing the $.05 had been paid with original  note marked paid in full.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suggest he ignore it. If they really desperately want that $0.08, they will tack it on to his next bill.

 

BUT THEY MIGHT TURN HIS POWER OFF!!!

 

Hmmmm. My electric company charges me $15 for the privilege of buying electricity from them. I presume that every electric company in the country has a similar usage fee. If he owes them $0.08, that means that his solar panels produced so much electricity that he sold $14.92 worth back to the electric company.

 

Unless he has electric heat, which will cause his bill to go up during the winter, he's probably better off to get off of the damn electric line. Stow his excess electricity in batteries for when the sun's not shining.

 

Nope. I was wrong. I just went and looked at my June bill. $19.20 for the privilege of buying electricity from them. And $10.37 taxes and fees. $39.50 worth of electricity on a $69.50 bill.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Alpo said:

 

Nope. I was wrong. I just went and looked at my June bill. $19.20 for the privilege of buying electricity from them. And $10.37 taxes and fees. $39.50 worth of electricity on a $69.50 bill.

More like $5 of electricity and $34.50 of penalty/punishment for not being a big customer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.