SASS Wire Forum

The Aussie Humour Thread

Buckshot Bear

13 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Looks like it's time to fire the hedgehog off the aft quarter to me.   Then, take a hard right and start rolling depth charges.

Edited by Smuteye John SASS#24774
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Looks like it's time to fire the hedgehog off the aft quarter to me.   Then, take a hard right and start rolling depth charges.

Might wanna warm up Ol' Painless on the rear deck, too, come to think of it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

For the record, I ain't scared of croci-gaters and such.

I am, however,  very respectful of animals that have shown a propensity to try to eat humans.

My ancestors didn't claw their way to the top of the food chain over 10's of thousands of  years just so I could be an idiot and get eaten.

Hence, my stance that there's no such thing as overkill when dealing with carnivores the size of automobiles and a habit of eating humans.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

The sign is confusing.

Are they telling people that it is safe for them to swim because CROCODILES DON'T SWIM HERE.

Or are they telling the crocodiles to stay away - CROCODILES DON'T SWIM HERE

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

LOL...not me I don't mind spiders. I usually use a glass and a sheet of paper to transport them outside. 

I don't mind spiders outside, I'd have shot that one off the ceiling with my Walther Air pistol. Spackle is cheap!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

On 5/8/2023 at 4:25 PM, Buckshot Bear said:

344361009_1557418268000041_8435564037143213940_n.jpg.aa70c8640a22bf76e24f877f6c7013f5.jpg

In 1962 I began attending college in Hoboken, NJ across the Hudson River from NYC. I lived at home and road a commuter train into Hoboken 6 days a week to attend classes. To get from the train station to school I walked along about 6 blocks of docks.

During my time at school the Longshoremen’s Union went on strike and set up pickets. One day as I walked along the biggest man I’d ever seen pocked his index finger into my chest and asked, “Hey kid, what is the capital of Australia.” I responded, “Um, uh, Sidney? Melbourne?” He said, “No, it’s Canberra, and don’t you forget it.” Naturally I never have.

After that abrupt introduction he turned out to be a friendly guy. He explained that he had served in the US Navy aboard the USS Canberra, the only US Navy ship named after a foreign city. He then explained that the USS Canberra was actually not named for the city but for the HMSA Canberra, which had been sunk in naval action protecting the US invasion of the Island of Guadalcanal.

Of interest, possibly only to me, I later served in the US Navy aboard the USS Guadalcanal, LPH 7 from 1968 - 1970. Recently I looked up my old ship and found it has been scrapped.

CJ

Edited by Cactus Jack Calder
  • Like 4