SASS Wire Forum

Johnny Ringo talks about pistol spinning

Lawdog Dago Dom

friend of mine worked with Michael Biehn on the east coast (years ago).  he’s supposed to be a good dude to work with.

That was great! Both of them did a great job, but how about Wyatt Earp cocking the shotgun under the table! Loved it!!:D

Wow! Listening to that my opinion of  Michael Biehn is diminished quite a bit. He sounds like a  typical clueless actor...also, he sounds like he's  coming down from the joint he smoked an hour before/.

Anyway, here is another  entertaining video on "gun spinning".

The one that always gets me is when (and Johnny Ringo did it in the saloon scene), is cocking the gun, then uncocking and holstering it, with the hammer now down on a live round. Of course, to have correctly returned the empty chamber under the hammer would destroy the continuity of the scene, so they don't do it.  Closest I've seen safe procedure was in "True Grit", where John Wayne loads the sixth round in his pistol before going in after the badguys in the cabin.  When "Maddie" asks Rooster why he does that, he says, "That's so I don't shoot myself in the foot."

He wore a tshirt with an anti assault weapon logo on front and on the back it said "listen to the children. This was at an event honoring Tombstone. He claims to respect the 2nd amendment, but not assault rifles. Many felt that whatever his beliefs are, an event honoring Tombstone the movie was not the place to wear it.

1 hour ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

He wore a tshirt with an anti assault weapon logo on front and on the back it said "listen to the children. This was at an event honoring Tombstone. He claims to respect the 2nd amendment, but not assault rifles. Many felt that whatever his beliefs are, an event honoring Tombstone the movie was not the place to wear it.

So another Hollywood hypocrite! :o:angry:

37 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

You can't find work in Hollywood these days if you're not. Just ask Bruce Willis. Ever since he made pro-2A comments after Sandy Hook he's been stuck making direct-to-streaming garbage.

Tom Selleck does okay, Blue Bloods is one of the most watched shows on CBS and he used to be on the board of the NRA! Of course he could be an exception.

He mentions Thell Reed as his coach. I went to school with Thell (Jr & High School)and used to go over to his house to watch him practice after school. He was a world champion at Quick Draw. He also worked as a firearms coach in the movies. His Dad had the garage all set up for practice with wax bullets. The guy was really quick. 

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Wow! Listening to that my opinion of  Michael Biehn is diminished quite a bit. He sounds like a  typical clueless actor...also, he sounds like he's  coming down from the joint he smoked an hour before/.

Anyway, here is another  entertaining video on "gun spinning".

I think it means Biehn didn’t watch many western movies as a kid.

11 minutes ago, South-Eye Ned said:

I think it means Biehn didn’t watch many western movies as a kid.

Could be, but he comes across kind of dumb. I guess that’s why they call them “actors”. 

James Garner was pretty adept at gun spinning and juggling!!

Archived