SASS Wire Forum

Father of the year award

One of our customers was a family-owned business. Three of the brothers were welders. The fourth one, Kenny, was QA. Their sister was the secretary / receptionist. Mom was the treasurer, and dad was the boss.

I'm back there one day talking to Kenny about something I had found that they would have to fix, and over the loudspeaker I hear his mother.

"Kenneth, come up to the office."

I looked over at him and said, "you're in trouble".

He said, "yeah. I don't know what I did, but when she says Kenneth I'm in trouble".

My wife’s name is Andrea, and I work with an Andra, Adriana, and an Angela.  I’m in trouble all the time for getting these names mixed up!

Uno's parents named all three boys with the same first letter.  When one of them was about to be called to the carpet, the parent would scroll through all the names until the correct boy answered.  (Uno's parents got creative and named Uno's sister, the last child, using the next letter in the alphabet.)  :rolleyes:

On 6/15/2020 at 1:46 PM, Hendo said:

I roll call the entire family roster until I get a response from the one I want. It works for kids, dogs, cats, wife, whatever... 

:ph34r:

My granny did that.  When you heard your name and she kept going you knew she didn't want you.  Before she passed she got to where she would say the name she wanted then say a few more before she circled back around to it. 

Archived