SASS Wire Forum

Gun down a stupid commercial..Stand by...BEEEP

I remember a Beggin' Strip commercial, "Dogs don't know it's not bacon" Yeah right. I can smell that's not a piece of bacon, and you're talking about animals that can smell a gram of meth in somebody's but..........rear end 300 yards away in D-FW International Airport! (Sorry, screwed up the letter size, can't seem to fix it)

Commence fire.

JHC

Exactly

"...they possess up to 300 million olfactory receptors in their noses, compared to about six million in us. And the part of a dog's brain that is devoted to analyzing smells is, proportionally speaking, 40 times greater than ours."

I've tried a bite of nearly everything I gave my dog when he was alive. Can't give my best friend something that I wouldn't try. Back when those came out.....I tried a bite. I can tell you that they DO NOT taste like bacon. I can also tell ya'll that nothing dogs eat taste good, it's all in the presentation that they eat it at all.

2 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I've tried a bite of nearly everything I gave my dog when he was alive. Can't give my best friend something that I wouldn't try. Back when those came out.....I tried a bite. I can tell you that they DO NOT taste like bacon. I can also tell ya'll that nothing dogs eat taste good, it's all in the presentation that they eat it at all.

You mean nothing that's made for dogs tastes great.

My dog used to love to eat my cheeseburgers. And I grill a helluva cheeseburger. :D

23 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

You mean nothing that's made for dogs tastes great.

My dog used to love to eat my cheeseburgers. And I grill a helluva cheeseburger. :D

Yes, that was my intent.....but since you're grilling out cheeseburgers.....woof, woof.:P

21 minutes ago, Doc X said:

Couldn't resist!

images OB.jpg

No dogs for Moriarty.

I too, have tasted my dog’s treats. Nearly all tasted awful. I give my dog chicken and beef jerky type dog treats from Costco. The beef jerky chips smell awful but she loves them. I will not sample them. My Maddie also likes the chicken jerky strips from Costco. 
Her very favorite snack is beef jerky (human type). She lives the Pacific Gold jerky from Costco. She gets a piece or two every couple of days. 

Beggin’ Strips, those those barely even smell like bacon. I tasted one once. Once!

Yuck!

Uh...It’s “negative waves” ;)

Never tried any myself, but some of that dog and cat food actually looked and smelled pretty good. And that's the kind they wouldn't much eat. Probably some kind of lesson in there somewhere.

JHC:lol:

When I was about 10 (1960) I tried Purina Dog Chow I fed my Irish Setter. Kinda dry and crunchy but not a bad taste. So I'd pour a bowl full and add warm water and an EGG and a bit of Powdered Milk and a whole can of Dog Food. Mix it up and she would Woof it down in about 45 seconds. Musta've liked what I added.

Big Jake

I have tried both regular Purina Dog Chow and regular Milk-Bone dog biscuits. They're basically cornmeal and grease with a little bone meal in them. Not bad. Not something I would wish to eat on a regular basis, but not bad.

I have a sack of Puperoni. Give her some every once in awhile. They smell just like Slim Jims. Don't know what they taste like. Haven't felt the desire to sample. But they do smell good.

When my boys were young, they would pick certain pieces out of the dog's Kibbles and Bits and eat them. They're still alive so I guess it didn't hurt them. I've never been either hungry or curious enough to try.

When I was young I would eat a milk bone with my dog. They were bland tasting, but I figured if she liked em they couldn't be THAT bad. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

When my boys were young, they would pick certain pieces out of the dog's Kibbles and Bits and eat them. They're still alive so I guess it didn't hurt them. I've never been either hungry or curious enough to try.

Me neither. But there's probably a lot of people on this planet that wish they some. I guess it would beat nothing.

Had a friend who worked in a dog food processing plant. Never went to the plant myself, so just going on what he had to say.

He wouldn't feed it to his own dog, and got deadly serious about not eating it. Said they would use whatever the cheapest source of protein they could get to grind up and throw in the cooker, nothing (NOTHING!) wasted. Road kill from the county, culls from herds and flocks. If it was meat, it went in.

Purina is a pretty effective diet food. Although it can be a little hard on your body.

“I was buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my dog at Walmart and standing in line at the check out.

“A woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

“On impulse, I told her that no, I was starting the Purina Diet again although I probably shouldn’t because I’d ended up in the hospital last time, but that I’d lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

“I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry and that the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again.

“I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story, particularly a guy who was behind her.

“Horrified, she asked if I’d ended up in the hospital in that condition because I had been poisoned by the dog food. I told her no; I stepped off a curb to sniff a poodle’s ass and a car hit me.

“I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard.”

31 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Purina is a pretty effective diet food. Although it can be a little hard on your body.

“I was buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my dog at Walmart and standing in line at the check out.

“A woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

“On impulse, I told her that no, I was starting the Purina Diet again although I probably shouldn’t because I’d ended up in the hospital last time, but that I’d lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

“I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry and that the food is nutritionally complete so I was going to try it again.

“I have to mention here that practically everyone in the line was by now enthralled with my story, particularly a guy who was behind her.

“Horrified, she asked if I’d ended up in the hospital in that condition because I had been poisoned by the dog food. I told her no; I stepped off a curb to sniff a poodle’s ass and a car hit me.

“I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard.”

You just made my week with that.....My girlfriend just came in and told me to stop laughing so hard or I was going to have a heart attack..:lol:

Archived