SASS Wire Forum

Prayer Posse - Velvet Glove

Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217

And our prayers continue. Come on Michelle, you can do this.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1/1/2020 pm "Since this morning's post, Michele was able to get some good hard, quality rest. She awoke this afternoon and was able to interact with more family and friends. Her vitals are good and she receives periodic BP medication. Each day her alertness seems to become sharper and she observes more. These small steps continue to impress me as well as the nurses. Her nurse pulled her off of oxygen this evening just to see how she would maintain her oxygen saturation and when I left it was at 98%. Her nurse did say they would put her back on oxygen tonight while she rested. Yet another positive step for my angel. Thank you all for the prayers. They are working. Good night and God bless."

Prayers going up from North of the Medicine Line ...

Velvet Glove may the God of Grace and Healing Grant you a Complete recovery and be ever with you in all his Power ...

Jabez Cowboy

01/02/2020 a.m. "Michele was awake and alert when I arrived this morning. They tell me she rested well last night. She is recovering so well that the Dr's have initiated the process of getting her admitted back to long term acute care. At this moment she is resting well. Please keep the prayers coming."

It will be a long road, but we’re right there behind her. Our prayers will continue until they are no longer needed and then will give you a few more just for good measure!

01/03/2020 pm. "Michele rested most of the day. She woke late this afternoon, not quite as alert as yesterday. She did interact with visitors with smiles, brow raises, and smirks. All vitals remain good. Any day without a set back is a good day. She still needs your prayers to beat this. Good night and God bless."

01/04/2020 am. "Michele is awake and alert and listening intently as her mother reads Gone With The Wind. It's so impressive to see her focus on her mothers words. We saw some purposeful movement today. The nurse came in and told her she was checking her blood sugar. Michele presented her finger to her. CT results from yesterday came back good and the clot has improved. More improvement steps thanks to all the prayers."

01/04/2020 pm. "I wanted to share this with you. As Michele was listening to her mom read GWTW, after a couple of hours she drifted off into a deep sleep and started to dream. As we watched her dream, we noticed the toes on her right foot start to wiggle and then the fingers on her right hand moved up and down a couple of times. This is the most movement we have seen with her right fingers and toes since the stroke. This afternoon her cowboy sisters came to visit her. They were getting smiles and other such grins, brow raises, and even an eye rolling out of her. We saw good positive interaction from her with all her visitors. Her nurse was very impressed. I am seeing prayer at work first hand. Thank you again for all the prayers for my angel. Goodnight and God bless."

I didn't find a morning update today.

01/05/2020 pm. "Today was a day of rest for Michele. Last night they removed her from oxygen and just sent room air through the trache collar. She remained on room air all day and kept her oxygen saturation at 98% or above, meaning her lungs are strong. She woke up late this afternoon for me and held my hand tightly. Still another positive day. I have to start back to work tomorrow so I will not be sending morning updates. I will visiting her late in the afternoons and will provide updates then. Keep those prayers coming. Good night and God bless."

01/06/2020 pm. "Michele had another restful day. All her vitals and her color look good. Neurologist said that her eyes are responding better to light stimuli now. She will periodically open her eyes just to catch a quick glance and then back off to sleep. Good movement from her left side and I just saw her lift her fingers on her right hand. It does my heart good to see her resting and healing so well. She has been clutching her toy wolf all day and rubbing it. She does the same thing with Astrid at home, so I am guessing the toy wolf is giving her some peace and comfort. You prayer warriors are doing a great job, please keep it up. Good night and God bless."

We’re still here and the song remains the same!  Get well, Michele! We’re all praying for you!!

01/07/2020 pm.

"I came in this afternoon and was greeted with a smile when I said "hello beautiful". Michele was awake and alert and moving quite a bit. My parents saw her turn her head completely to the right side and observed her right leg moving quite a bit. Her sister Betty and I decided to tackle the rats nest that had formed in that long dark hair. It took some time but we got all the tangles out and Betty put her hair up in cute little bun. You should have seen the content look on her face as we were working with her hair. The smiles we got were priceless. I can't begin to tell you the joy I am feeling now as I watch my angel come back to us. Thank you all for the constant prayers. They are definitely working. Good night and God bless."

May there be more joy and smiles, a hundred fold, as she makes her way back!! 

Prayers will continue!!

01/08/2020 pm. "The nurses tell me Michele rested well last night. She was having one of those sleepy, recovering days today. I managed to make her open her eyes and give me a little smile. All vitals are good. It was good seeing her rest so comfortably. Thanks again to all her prayer warriors. Keep them coming. Good night and God bless."

01/09/2020 pm. "I am being told Michele had another restful night and day of healing. Vitals look good. She rested most of the day and I heard she had a good visit with her "sisters". One of them even took time to read more GWTW to her. Her nurse said Michele really relaxes when people read that book to her. When I arrived this evening, she was awake. I managed to get a few smiles out of her and a very firm hand squeeze. Nurse commented to me that I always seem to have a calming effect over her. Another good day with no set backs. Good night and God bless."

01/10/2020 pm. "I am with Michele and I just finished reading 17 cards from friends and family. She even received a card from Denmark and Australia. She always seems to enjoy the cards as I read them and she looks at them intently. I am told she was very active and alert today. Her sister Betty came by to visit and brush her teeth. I am told that Michele actually took the brush in her own hand and brushed her teeth. Sure wish I could have been here to see that. I was greeted by a smile, my dad asked Michele if she wanted a kiss, she puckered her lips for me to kiss her, so you better believe I did. I am watching my angel start to get sleepy again so I pray she rests well tonight. She does not like thunder storms so I hope she can rest. I will be back tomorrow to spend most of the day with her, brush her hair, and read to her. Thank you all for all the thoughts, cards, and prayers. I am saving all the cards so she can read them when she is able. Good night and God bless."

Great news!!  The road is long!  Another round of prayers to help her along the way!!

01/11/2020 pm. "Michele had another restful night and she was still sleeping when I got there this morning. I always greet her with "good morning beautiful". She looked at me through sleepy eyes and gave me a quick smile. As she lay there sleeping, I took her hair down and gave it a good combing. I pulled her long hair up in a point and placed it on her pillow. My dad said if she was blue in color she would look like a smurph. That made her smile. Later this afternoon our good friend and her two kids came down for a visit and they brought a very special member of their family with them. Michele was asleep however she quickly awoke and became very alert. The positive interaction she had with the special family member was priceless! I have not seen her this alert and interactive since this all began. You could not hardly wipe the smile off of her face. All this good interaction finally wore her out and she drifted back to sleep. She was sleeping soundly when I left for the night. Yet another good day. Thank you all, my prayer warriors. Good night and God bless."

:wub:

01/12/2020 pm. "Michele had another sleepy recovery day today. All vitals look good. She got another spa treatment today from me on her feet and hands. Today I saw movement a few times with her right leg and her right hand. This was a very good sign since it has been a while since I have seen her move the right side. She opened her eyes for a little bit to great her guests. I did get a smile out of her the first thing this morning. So another positive day with more baby steps and yes I did read her cards to her today. Thanks again for all the cards, thoughts, and especially the prayers. Good night and God bless."

01/13/2020 pm. "I was not able to see my angel today because I am away for work. This report comes from family and friends. Michele had a very alert and active day. They tell me they got some smiles and other expressions from her. Her friend Betty was brushing her teeth and got Michele to help again by placing her hand on the brush. Michele played quite a bit with her wolf toy. All her vitals are good so yet another positive day. I will take these baby steps all day. Keep up the good work prayer warriors. Good night and God bless."

01/14/2020 pm. "This update is from friends and family. Michele had another good night and a active and alert day. I am told she reacted well with visitors with smiles and other expressions. She enjoys holding hands with her iron grip. Her sister Betty asked her if she was doing good and she received a smile and head nod. The nurses are saying she is their pride and joy and miracle patient. More baby steps. Thank you again my prayer warriors. Good night and God bless."

Good to hear!!

I’m sending out another round of prayers!!

Let’s all keep raying for this gal!  She is “one of a kind”.  Always enjoyed seeing and talking with her, and she could do that Gunfighter thing really well.  Hang in there girl!

01/15/2020 pm.

"This update from family and friends. My dad reports that Michele had her most awake and alert day yet. She is responding to some requests. Physical therapist got her to set up today on side of bed. My dad had her playing thumb wrestle and he said she beat him twice. Lots of smiles today and other gestures. Betty got Michele to help her brush her teeth again. Yet another good day. Good night and God bless."

01/16/2020 "This update from family and friends. Michele had a sleepy recovery day at first and then her sisters came to visit. After that she was very awake and alert the rest of the day. She took her tooth brush from Betty's hand and brushed her teeth on her on. She took her glasses from Missie's hand and placed them on her face. The sisters had her smiling and using all sorts of face gestures. They said that they got her to silent laugh twice. We are hearing from respiratory that they are considering reducing her trache size from 8 to a 6. Once this is done a speech valve can be put on. Her sisters were very excited with the interaction they witnessed today. Keep it up my prayers warriors. Good night and God bless."

:wub:

All good news!!  Let’s hope we get more as time goes on!

Still another prayer won’t hurt I suspect!

01/17/2020 pm.

"I got to see my angel this afternoon after being away from her all week. I can't tell you how difficult it was being away from her. I have to keep telling myself that you are working to help her get better. She was awake and alert when I arrived. I immediately received a smile and she reached for my hand. We had a good visit and as of now she is fast asleep. All her vitals and color are good. Nurses say she has really come a long way as far as being more alert and responding to commands. We thumb wrestled a few times and let me tell you she is tough to beat. So another positive day with no set backs. Keep the prayers coming. Good night and God bless"

Allie Mo....  ...thank you for your caring updates...  Prayers continue up from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line...

Archived