SASS Wire Forum

Ba-Dump Tissssh - Memes

Pat Riot

On 3/11/2024 at 5:18 AM, Buckshot Bob said:
hours ago, Chicken Rustler, SASS #26680 said:

OK I checked, the FBI statistics are based on reported crimes. So who's publishing statistics that say the only crimes are the ones that get successful convictions? And your two examples don't show what you think, in both the Floyd George riots and the Jan 6 riots there were a whole lot of people protesting and a small percentage of people committing the crimes. The flash mob robberies are a good point though, because of store policies I don't know if those even get reported. Maybe we should just stick to Mark Twain's advice about statistics.

Yeah, the BLM riots were exactly the same as Jan6

FB_IMG_1704663243489.thumb.jpg.c2b5247426b823b27ca084121dcc9d33.jpg

Can't tell 'em apart. Or the scores,  or hundreds, of other mostly peaceful riots we have seen since 2014.

Also, a "small percentage" of 30,000 is a heck of a lot more people than the same "small percentage" of 5,000.  

Baltimore,  2015

https://ajr.org/2015/04/28/how-the-media-covered-baltimore-riots/

Edited by Subdeacon Joe
Change year to 2014 for the start of the BLM civil war
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• Replies 26.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

8 minutes ago, Buckshot Bear said:

To me 3 would be the perfect bbq'd snag.

431663814_1873087626444032_2389937588021006464_n.jpg.58a29c67968b5d31ea57de12d2e37699.jpg

3 or 2, 1 if I just grabbed a beer and it was my first one!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

HEY ! I WANTED THAT ONE!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This question sort of reminds me of Tarzan. The book Tarzan, not the movie Tarzan.

John Clayton Sr and his wife Alice had expected to raise their child, and had brought many children's books and primary school books to teach a child. So young White Skin - John Clayton Jr - upon finding the cabin and the books taught himself to read. He could not speak human language, but he could read English. Near the end of the first book he meets a Frenchman, and the Frenchman speaks to him but he has no idea what he's saying. And he goes and gets a paper and pencil and comes back and writes, "do you understand this?"

The Frenchman, who does read English, proceeds to teach young John Junior had aHOW TO talk. But because he is French, he thought it would be easier to teach Tarzan French.

So Tarzan speaks fluent French and reads fluent English.

:wacko: :D

But he thinks in mangani.

Edited by Alpo
otto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

image.jpeg.bfe4bce67b7a21766a7dc088f2c5c117.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

I guess you better ask Helen Keller.  No, wait, she "spoke" English.  I guess if a person is literally too stupid to read they'd probably think in pictures.  That's if they're not total mental vegetables. 

Kids can think and talk long before they can read.  A person has to be taught to read.  It's hard to imagine in this day and age, but universal literacy is a fairly recent phenomenon. Even as recently as WW1 some recruits couldn't read.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Caprock Kid said:

IMG_3306.jpeg

Beginning?    I came to that conclusion years ago!  :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Kids can think and talk long before they can read.  A person has to be taught to read.  It's hard to imagine in this day and age, but universal literacy is a fairly recent phenomenon. Even as recently as WW1 some recruits couldn't read.

I thought about addressing that in my reply, but I'm lazy and didn't want to get into a long drawn out post about ignorance vs. idiocy.  This would be a much better discussion across a breakfast table and a good cup of coffee.  If a person is merely illiterate and not also deaf and dumb they would think in the language they speak.  An infant is probably merely ignorant and will learn to think, speak and read with time.  I would guess that a person that can neither hear, speak or read any language would think in the form of pictures.

In what language did the cavemen think?

What say you?  Are we getting close?

(stupid meme started a way too serious discussion):D

Angus

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1