SASS Wire Forum

Ba-Dump Tissssh - Memes

Pat Riot

11 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Pretty much. There’s nothing anyone can do about it now, besides recover. And I’m pretty sure our government is going to be more concerned about taking care of illegal aliens and Ukrainian citizens before Hawaiian citizens, sadly. Not sure if Hawaiian forest mangers have the same philosophy as the ones in Ca, but if they do they might want to re think that. 
Like I said at this point you can laugh at it or cry about it. Shitty things happen in life to just about everyone, no sense making the recovery process more difficult for yourself than it has to be. 

This sounds like a rationalization for a meme that was in very poor taste

• Replies 26.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Buckshot Bob

• Pat Riot

• Alpo

• Subdeacon Joe

Just let it go.

If you liked it - found it even mildly amusing - smile.

If you disliked it - found it in great bad taste - frown.

Either way, it was posted. Several memes ago it was posted. It's over. It's done.

Get on with your life.

memewoman.png.295fbcfa45918762259657e0cf216ba4.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

Yes, I got it too. But certain jokes may never be not too soon.

For instance, did you know the Challenger astronauts (1986) all had blue eyes? Some blue (blew) over here, some blue (blew) over there...

The one I remember from that incident “and you know it affects you when you remember it from that long ago” . I was in college when it happened and the first joke about it I heard about it was . Do you know what NASA stands for? Need another seven astronauts. 
I went to a Catholic grade school and the classroom I was in had a view of the front of the church. There was a funeral procession coming in for I local judge. When they were pulling in one of my fellow students yelled out “ here come the judge” . He got sent to the principals office and the rest of us got a lecture on inappropriate behavior.

Dark humor is definitely a coping mechanism 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DocWard said:

Most know I was a medic in a combat arms unit for many years. What got my attention was when I worked with social workers at our county children services. Dark humor that was indeed disturbing.

My little sister was a social worker in Detroit for a while when she was going through her trying to save the world phase. She had some terrible stories. Any time children are involved it’s worse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

My little sister was a social worker in Detroit for a while when she was going through her trying to save the world phase. She had some terrible stories. Any time children are involved it’s worse. 

I have a few memories that I would just as soon forget. I was the assistant prosecutor handling the abuse, neglect and dependency docket for ten years. I also prosecuted some criminal cases against children.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, DocWard said:

I have a few memories that I would just as soon forget. I was the assistant prosecutor handling the abuse, neglect and dependency docket for ten years. I also prosecuted some criminal cases against children.

My sister went the same route, got her law degree and helped prosecute people. She’s now resigned herself to try to raise her own productive citizens 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

image.jpeg.df21317a149b24d2f6ae2aecf880c362.jpeg

A lot of stuff like that in Eastern Europe.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2602084/Nature-war-How-helmets-grenades-guns-discarded-world-wars-enmeshed-tree-trunks-Russia.html

Edited by Subdeacon Joe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

46 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Clearly a lot of pluck!

But all for fowl reasons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Alpo said:

Just let it go.

If you liked it - found it even mildly amusing - smile.

If you disliked it - found it in great bad taste - frown.

Either way, it was posted. Several memes ago it was posted. It's over. It's done.

Get on with your life.

memewoman.png.295fbcfa45918762259657e0cf216ba4.png

No that's not a solution.  People need to step back and resist posting items on a whim.  Making fun of tragedies is just not right, Period.  Time to grow up a bit.  

5 minutes ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

No that's not a solution.  People need to step back and resist posting items on a whim.  Making fun of tragedies is just not right, Period.  Time to grow up a bit.  

It’s a solution, not a whim, I assumed some people wouldn’t like it and some would. Guess I was right. I’m grown up and wouldn’t hesitate to do it again. You don’t have to like it , everyones sense of humor is different. I would imagine you don’t like Andrew Dice Clay either, and I also don’t have to care if you like it. This isn’t just for memes you or I like and there’s plenty I don’t, but I don’t complain about it. Some people admitted they laughed, that’s what the memes are for, I’m glad someone got a laugh out of it, But I do agree it’s time to grow up a bit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1