SASS Wire Forum

Prayer Request For A Furry Friend

Calamity Kris

My brother, who also rescues animals, adopted a pair of greyhounds.  They are sweet, loving dogs.  The female, Danni began limping a week or so ago.  When she didn't get any better, he took her to a vet and after a thorough exam found a lump in her leg...................  My brother and his fiance' have an appointment with an Veterinary Oncologist next week for a complete diagnosis and treatment options.  

Please keep my brother, his fiance' and Danni in your prayers, if you are so inclined.  They are actually talking about cancelling their honeymoon so the funds will be available to spend on Danni's treatment if needed.  When he mentioned the possibility of putting Danni down, he really choked up.  It pains me to see them hurt like that.

Thanks,

CK

Dadburnit, I hate stuff like this worse than poison. I like my animals more than I like most people.

They will be in my thoughts and meditations. A very good friend of mine is going through something similar with his two year old rescue dog. It looks like leukemia.

I’ve said more than once, I like most dogs better than I like most people!! Especially rescued dogs!!

Prayers for all three of them!!

Prayers Up for your brother and his furry family. Extra prayer for Danni

I hope the news is good for Danni. As a follow up, it appears my close friend's (a fraternity brother, to be precise) dog has been bitten by a tick that has caused an auto-immune disorder. It mimics leukemia in that it causes a drop in white cell count, among other things. However, if this is the case, it should be treatable with medication, specifically low dose steroids. Not curable, but treatable. They are going to continue keeping an eye on her.

On 6/3/2019 at 7:28 AM, Blackwater 53393 said:

I’ve said more than once, I like most dogs better than I like most people!! Especially rescued dogs!!

Prayers for all three of them!!

And I've found that most dogs like me better than human people do, too.

Archived